OFFICIAL DOLPHINS GAME DAY MENU THREAD -- What you Cheffing Up for the Bills Gutting & Filleting?

Help a Bills Brethren who will be far away from his kitchen for this one and needs to live through your culinary efforts Sunday Night.

Not a problem when I can source food ingredients like last year's Super Bowl in Argentina however the USA does not have a 6+ decade blockade of Argentina so more resources are available.

What are you planning to cook up for this GAME OF THE SEASON?

26 minutes ago, poo said:

Cuban sandwiches!

Fresh panini bread from savastanos in Gates pressed with all the trimmings.

No doubt that is what I will be having at the Havana Hotel Bar along with their signature Mojitos while watching the game.

I wonder if there will be any Bills fans there?

I expect more Dolphin fans since Miami is only 90 miles away.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stlbills13 said:

Sunday is my daughter's 5th birthday and she wants an undersea theme. How do I tell her that can't happen anymore? 

Tell her that life is hard sometimes and get her a helmet.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, stlbills13 said:

Sunday is my daughter's 5th birthday and she wants an undersea theme. How do I tell her that can't happen anymore? 

Give her the party she wants but exclude aquatic mammals from the decorations.

• Like (+1) 2

Sushi 🍣  🍱 rice wine and pork buns, 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, stlbills13 said:

give the kids goldfish crackers and then have a squish the fish game. Squish em to smithereens for a prize! Gotta reach those kids early how to squish the fish I say!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Hopefully you have a light Monday to deal with.

Keeping it light. Kids are up by 7am, so I'm used to Bills-related sleep deprivation at this point. Will limit myself to the beam and coke and a couple beers though. 

PS I hope the game will be on for you in Havana. My only trip there, it felt pretty cut off... no ATMS, phones didn't work, you could only get wifi in a few hotels.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Keeping it light. Kids are up by 7am, so I'm used to Bills-related sleep deprivation at this point. Will limit myself to the beam and coke and a couple beers though. 

PS I hope the game will be on for you in Havana. My only trip there, it felt pretty cut off... no ATMS, phones didn't work, you could only get wifi in a few hotels.

Right.

It is trip to the past in many ways however that is the disconnect from being online that I need annually like an social media fast, purge or enema if you will.

Clears my thoughts and prepares me to deal with what society has become for another year.

My Casa provides me with internet when I am there and you can buy 5 hour internet cards that can connect you at public wifi spots and some hotels.

I welcome no phone calls when I am there.

I bring Canadian cash that are exchanged generously at my Casa since US $ are pretty much useless since they got rid of the CUC.

My Canadian credit card is only used to purchase 6 bottles of Havana Club Master Select and a few Cohibas that I know are real at government run stores which do not accept Cuban cash nor American credit cards.  I believe the fancier “international” hotels that do have American channels like NBC and ESPN also require a non-American credit card to purchase drinks and food in their lobby or pool bars.  I tend to stay clear of these places however will need to go there for Sunday’s game and the first round playoff game in Buffalo.

So yeah I love it there and have learned how to live very well for a week or two without all the creature comforts at a fraction of the cost of being in the 1st World.

The Cuban people are so genuine and in their life of misery they find a way to love, laugh and hope for a better future.

15 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Right.

It is trip to the past in many ways however that is the disconnect from being online that I need annually like an social media fast, purge or enema if you will.

Clears my thoughts and prepares me to deal with what society has become for another year.

My Casa provides me with internet when I am there and you can buy 5 hour internet cards that can connect you at public wifi spots and some hotels.

I welcome no phone calls when I am there.

I bring Canadian cash that are exchanged generously at my Casa since US $ are pretty much useless since they got rid of the CUC.

My Canadian credit card is only used to purchase 6 bottles of Havana Club Master Select and a few Cohibas that I know are real at government run stores which do not accept Cuban cash nor American credit cards.  I believe the fancier “international” hotels that do have American channels like NBC and ESPN also require a non-American credit card to purchase drinks and food in their lobby or pool bars.  I tend to stay clear of these places however will need to go there for Sunday’s game and the first round playoff game in Buffalo.

So yeah I love it there and have learned how to live very well for a week or two without all the creature comforts at a fraction of the cost of being in the 1st World.

The Cuban people are so genuine and in their life of misery they find a way to love, laugh and hope for a better future.

That sounds great. The week I was there I really enjoyed doing all my email and internet in a half hour every morning at a nearby hotel, and then just living in the world. It was an amazing way to be, things happened spontaneously and it felt like you were in the pocket of life somehow.

But glad you get to see the games! :) 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

That sounds great. The week I was there I really enjoyed doing all my email and internet in a half hour every morning at a nearby hotel, and then just living in the world. It was an amazing way to be, things happened spontaneously and it felt like you were in the pocket of life somehow.

But glad you get to see the games! :) 

I look forward to it.

On 1/1/2024 at 8:07 PM, RyanC883 said:

hope it has the game.  otherwise switch to Southwest.  

Normally fly SW, but it's over the pond. Delta has wifi. 

On 1/2/2024 at 4:56 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Package of 7 peanuts and 9.5 oz. Coca-Cola. 😕

Don't beverages, water maybe some Hydro Gatorade. Bring my own snacks.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.