Last time the bills played on my birthday!

BruceVilanch

So I'm a new years Eve baby, I think me being a last minute tax write off is why I was my parents favorite growing up. The reason I am bringing this up is, last time they played on my birthday was 2017, we broke the curse that year in dramatic fashion, I think the football gods will smile on us again tomorrow and we'll get a dolphins loss and 7 days from tomorrow we'll be playing for the division. I legitimately thought this season was a wash in November, but this team has grit and resilience and an all world QB and leader. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and have a safe and happy New Year's Eve, Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Happy Birthday.  I was one of the few who wanted them to tank that year to get Baker or Danold in the draft.  I even remember saying to a small group of friends and family at dinner after the game at that Italian place in Lackawanna (forget the name).  "That's a lot of emotion just to be one of the worst statistical teams ever to make the playoffs."  My wife said my New Year's resolution should be not to be such a buzzkill.  

• Haha (+1) 3

Hey, thanks for reminding me! It's my mom's birthday too, and I forgot back then we were out for dinner, and the restaurant had the Bengals game on in the background.

I nearly knocked our table over jumping up cheering 😂

Here's to hoping we have similar luck this year. Happy birthday, hope it's a great one!

8 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

So I'm a new years Eve baby, I think me being a last minute tax write off is why I was my parents favorite growing up. The reason I am bringing this up is, last time they played on my birthday was 2017, we broke the curse that year in dramatic fashion, I think the football gods will smile on us again tomorrow and we'll get a dolphins loss and 7 days from tomorrow we'll be playing for the division. I legitimately thought this season was a wash in November, but this team has grit and resilience and an all world QB and leader. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and have a safe and happy New Year's Eve, Go Bills.

Happy Birthday! You and my sister share the same birthdate. I always thought it was a kick in the @ss that every year there are massive parties on her birthday and they are never for her. lol.

As to our Bills - the last time the Bills played on my birthday was the 12 man debacle. I hope and expect a better outcome on your natal anniversary.

Have a great day. Go Bills!

2 hours ago, transient said:

Happy Birthday! I hope you get a Bills win… and a Dolphins loss… and a Steelers loss… and a Bengals loss… and a Jaguars loss… and a Colts loss… and a Texans loss… for your birthday! 🍻 

Stop! You're going to spoil him. Ahhhh screw it - lets splurge!

Happy Birthday Bruce!

Happy Birthday!

I've been to 3 Bills games on my birthday.  The 1st was in 1982. The strike had just ended and I was leaving Buffalo in December, so it was significant because it was not only my birthday, but my last Bills home game as a WNY resident.  I've also been to Bills games on my birthday in 1993 & 2004.   

51 minutes ago, EffKCChiefs said:

This isn’t Bills related. LOL you didn’t bring this up because of the Bills drought. You brought this up so you could say hey look at me it’s my birthday! Are you that pathetic that you have to ask for birthday wishes from a bunch of hacks on a message board? 

Someone needs therapy.  (It’s not Bruce). 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EffKCChiefs said:

This isn’t Bills related. LOL you didn’t bring this up because of the Bills drought. You brought this up so you could say hey look at me it’s my birthday! Are you that pathetic that you have to ask for birthday wishes from a bunch of hacks on a message board? 

Speaking of a look at me post...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.