This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL

Heavy Kevi

5 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I think most of the folks complaining about the OP have already wasted their money on Peacock.  Personally I plan to borrow family creds from wny for spectrum tv.  F#$% the NFL for what is essentially price gouging (especially for those of us who paid for the ticket) and F#$% Peacock's garbage streaming service. 

Most of the complaints towards OP, at least from me, have nothing to do with Peacock. I pay for very little streaming and pirate lots of the games across a lot of sports.

What I do have an issue with is this faux martyrdom, LAMP, woe is me, thread that is purely attention seeking, purposefully leaving out key pieces of information. The guy literally already pays for the service for the BIlls Backers Bar that he owns. He has access to the game if he 1. went to work. or 2. knew how to log into anything. 

I don't disagree with the idea that the NFL and streaming in general (sports or not) is a total racket. But the thread title isn't "This whole streaming thing sucks". The thread title is "This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL". The entire premise is a bed of lies. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

just google nfl streams Reddit. 

The guy owns a Bills Backers Bar and already pays for the Peacock service at his bar. 

He 1. doesn't want to go to work to watch it. and 2. didn't realize he could just use his log in credentials at home. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

The guy owns a Bills Backers Bar and already pays for the Peacock service at his bar. 

He 1. doesn't want to go to work to watch it. and 2. didn't realize he could just use his log in credentials at home. 

oh wow that’s pathetic. I didn’t actually read the thread just thought I was helping someone out lol

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I own a Bills Backer bar.

You own a Bills Backer bar? 

So are you not paying for your Bills Backer Bar supporters to watch the game? Or are you not going to simply watch the game a Bills Backer Bar that you supposedly own? 

I can’t tell which option would be more ridiculous 

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

2. didn't realize he could just use his log in credentials at home. 

Oh no, didn’t even think about this option for the post above I just made. This is truly something 😭 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

A couple of things...first, as Mango points out, the OP actually has access to the game, so I don't see the need for the histrionics of the OP.  At the end of the day, he can watch the game and will watch the game.  As others said, this is just attention seeking behavior.

Secondly, now I'm not usually one to run interference for the NFL or other ginormous corporations, but, for chrissakes folks, the NFL/professional football is an "entertainment product."  Watching the games for free isn't a God given or constitutionally protected right.  If you don't like it, stop watching, stop giving them your money, or skirt the law and find backchannel ways of accessing the games. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

The point is you are actively choosing not to watch the game.  For the first time in 27 years you are choosing to miss a critical game and your protest is totally in vain since you'll be back in week 17 and 18 and every week after that until your outrage consumes you.

clearly you don't get it is the principle for him.

we are good with spiting ourselves, knowing full well it will bring sadness. Sometimes you got to take a stand regardless of it having zero impact on any meaningful change. we gotta answer to ourselves. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I had no clue about this - I’ll have to check it out.   (Was probably gonna watch on WGRZ but would be nice to have Peacock as a fallback in case my antenna spazzes out)

Check closely because I think that may have been debunked

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

we are good with spiting ourselves, knowing full well it will bring sadness. Sometimes you got to take a stand regardless of it having zero impact on any meaningful change. we gotta answer to ourselves. 

3 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Oh, yeah.

Business is king. Of course I'm paying for it at the bar, so I can show it there.

ROI is a thing, and it's not lost on me.

It's separate, though. I don't want to sit in the bar. I want to watch at home where I already pay for several services that should deliver this game.

@Nineforty You give OP too much credit. This isn't a principle for him. He owns a Bills Backers Bar where he already pays for the subscription.  He is literally already paying for the service he says he won't pay for.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

The principle of only watching the NFL on network TV or streaming services you already subscribe to or offer free trials and oh yeah, I'll be back next week...is a hell of a cause.  Keep up the good fight.

• Haha (+1) 2

It's 2023 OP! Get with it. If you can't figure out how to watch a game (any game) this day in age...

Have you tried the CTV app? Canadian broadcaster carries every Bills game. Just go to their free website, voila. Or just use Dazone. Free.

I'm glad Peacock has this game. It's worth a lot of $$ to the NFL and our teams. That way, we get a new awesome player next year. Thanks Peacock!! Without you - no NFL.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No. That isn't allowed (legally.)

Yeah, I wanted to stream WGR radio on Audacy, but that is not allowed if you're outside the Buffalo area.

Also, what's everyone going to do when there are more Peacock games, presumably, next year?

Edited by chongli

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.