McD is crazy for wanting to establish the run and play complementary football

FireChans

Man, this dinosaur just doesn’t get it.

Trying to run the ball down a teams’ throat, sustaining long drives and keeping our defense fresh to attack an off-balance offense?

This is crazy. We need to run an offense like Dallas and throw almost every play, like genius offensive HC’s like McCarthy do.

This is why defensive coaches will never win anything. Stuck in the stone ages.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Trying to run the ball down a teams’ throat, sustaining long drives and keeping our defense fresh to attack an off-balance offense?

This is crazy. We need to run an offense like Dallas and throw almost every play, like genius offensive HC’s like McCarthy do.

Lol that  is  exactly the kind of offense that BillsFan1972 likes . Its exciting

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

To be fair, we won't win anything because his defenses have crapped the bed in every single game the Bills have been eliminated in in the playoffs in the JA era. Doesn't really have much to do with how the offense plays. Although this was a game that the weather and Dallas' league worst run defense dictated a heavy dose of the Bills run game.  Meanwhile, google how the Bengals defense has OVERPERFORMED their regular season performances every postseason. 

BUT I'll hold out hope still that the stars will align and the Bills win won with the current coach/QB duo. 

2019- outscored 19-0 in the second half including letting the Texans convert 2/2 on 2 point conversions. 

2020- give up 38 to the Chiefs

2021- give up 42 to the Chiefs

2022- give up 27 to the Bengals after letting them open the game with two straight TD's which basically has happened the last three times we've played the Bengals.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 2

The run might not work on all teams, but wow did it work today! At LAST when the offense has success they stick with it instead of outsmarting themselves.

When other teams eventually play to stop the run and "dare Josh Allen to throw"... the Bills will oblige ha ha. 

Cook played and was used exactly as some scouts were saying when he was drafted: unfair advantage. One can only dream but with Joe Brady plus Jones, Milano and Tre... just wow. I thought the Bills  were better then last year, and still think it.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Well played.

1 minute ago, Ramza86 said:

Whatever you say doesnt take away the fact is that this coach stinks when the going gets tough.

I bet you’re a huge hit at parties

26 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

There is going to be 100 sarcastic McD Threads this week and I am all for it. 

Hell if of a win, #70 of his career and the players have been loud and clear what they think of their HC. 

I tipped my hat to McDermott after the Dolphins beatdown.  And I'll do the same now. Beautiful gameplan.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.