McD is crazy for wanting to establish the run and play complementary football

FireChans

40 minutes ago, FireChans said:

3-1.

What would our record be if the defense had not given up any game losing drives?

It is too bad our defensive coordinator did not have the defense playing "complementary" football.

Hmmm.

Edited by Peter
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

What would our record be if the defense had not given up any game losing drives?

It is too bad our defensive coordinator did not have the defense playing "complementary" football.

Hmmm.

We are 3-1 since firing your guy Kenny. 5–5 with Kenny. 

I know you were a big Rex Ryan guy, so these last few years have been tough for you to see the Bills waltzing into the playoffs year after year. It’s gonna be even more painful when we win the division and McD takes Mike McDaniel’s lunch money week 18, but try to enjoy the ride.

It is ok to be happy we won. But still be disappointed in how much of the season has gone. Not sure why blowing out the cowboys has to be a I told you so moment. We are still 8-6 and the biggest underachiever in the nfl. We are laughing at a team that has already clinched a playoff berth while we are fighting for our lives. 

59 minutes ago, FireChans said:

We are 3-1 since firing your guy Kenny. 5–5 with Kenny. 

I know you were a big Rex Ryan guy, so these last few years have been tough for you to see the Bills waltzing into the playoffs year after year. It’s gonna be even more painful when we win the division and McD takes Mike McDaniel’s lunch money week 18, but try to enjoy the ride.

Thanks for answering my question by not answering my question.

We would be sitting pretty for the playoffs BUT FOR our defense not playing "complementary" football and engineering multiple game losing drives. Of course, you already know that.

"Kenny" was the OC of the second best offense in the league last year and the biggest difference after he was thrown under the bus is that Joe Brady has not fumbled or thrown interceptions that have hurt us.

Buffalo Bills - Second Best Offense in NFL in 2022

The objective metrics for Dorsey this year also were not ones that supported firing him . . . unless, of course, one has an agenda.

As for Rex, he was given less than two years with a GM who (in my opinion) threw him under the bus to save himself and who ended up facing his own karma.

I remember people here making fun of Rex when we had 12 men on the field. Yet, McClappy outdid him with an unprecedented 15 men on the field (I had never seen that before) and let us not forget the most recent 12 men on the field that lost us the game. 

15 Men on the Field

We also had the most or second most injured team in the NFL in his last year as I recall. If you truly care (and I presume you do not because you like to take shots), you can review all of my posts on the subject back then. Rex also did not have the good fortune of players like Andy Dalton and K. Toney . . . oh, wait . . . .

As for your questioning my support of the team, I will just respond by saying:

God bless.  I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and 2024.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.