Off to Buffalo I go

CowgirlsFan

Flying on Friday.

I remember to have a Fish Fry.

Meeting up with a few of The American's Team Tailgators on Saturday and some of The Pinto Group.

Then Sunday we will meet up at Hammer's Lot with The Pinto Group again. I have a Parking Pass for Lot 6.  I plan on an arrival of 11AM.  I am aware that  Abbott will close at 11:25 and Hammer's opens at 10:15. I'll be sitting in one of the corners on Row 7

Thank heavens these games are ONLY every 4 years  because I love both of these teams.

Back to Texas on Tuesday. I do see snow may  send me off. 

Edited by CowgirlsFan
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Flying on Friday.

Meeting up with a few of The American's Team Tailgators on Saturday and some of The Pinto Group.

Then Sunday we will meet up at Hammer's Lot with The Pinto Group again. I have a Parking Pass for Lot 6.  I plan on an arrival of 11AM.  I am aware that  Abbott will close at 11:25 and Hammer's opens at 10:15. I'll be sitting in one of the corners on Row 7

Thank heavens these games are ONLY every 4 yeas because I love both of these teams.

Do you need any suggestions for the best local fish fry in the city?

Just now, CowgirlsFan said:

Flying on Friday.

Thank heavens these games are ONLY every 4 yeas because I love both of these teams.

Gotta have a Fish Fry...that's a huge thing here...unlike most places that have it around Lent, we do it here every Friday all year and it's pretty much standard fare at any restaurant on a Friday.  It would be harder to find a restaurant that doesn't offer it than one that does. 

Typically the portions are fall off the plate humongous.

Sounds like a good plan for the game...

You are lucky I guess...looks to be the only day with any potential snow in the long term 15-day forecast...temps have been very unseasonably mild here and only 3-4" of snow so far.  Which after last year's historic fight with Mother Nature thru Christmas is very much appreciated.  Thank you El Nino.

• CowgirlsFan changed the title to Off to Buffalo I go
49 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Flying on Friday.

Thank heavens these games are ONLY every 4 years  because I love both of these teams.

Texas 🙄

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 6

Girls fan,  I hope you have a wonderful time.  If you’re staying in OP or Hamburg, my parents were out every Friday at Hoak’s for a fish fry.  I used to get the leftovers.  It was delicious.  BTW- across the street is my High School, St. Francis.  That’s also the alma mater of Brian Daboll, Chris Polian, David Caldwell, and Tom Telesco.  All coaches or former GM’s of NFL teams.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Girls fan,  I hope you have a wonderful time.  If you’re staying in OP or Hamburg, my parents were out every Friday at Hoak’s for a fish fry.  I used to get the leftovers.  It was delicious.  BTW- across the street is my High School, St. Francis.  That’s also the alma mater of Brian Daboll, Chris Polian, David Caldwell, and Tom Telesco.  All coaches or former GM’s of NFL teams.

Hoak’s is great, so is Rodney’s nearby. 

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Sorry you had to settle for frannies! But Hoak’s are great people and the biggest fish fry I have ever seen. 

this should be a great environment Sunday! Enjoy.

7 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Flying on Friday.

Have fun CGF and Merry Christmas!!  Safe travels and have fun.

BUMP!!

The trip is going well.  Had Danny's Friday night.  Lovely server. Had The Poked Yolk for brunch Saturday. Then on to The Falls. Lots of construction so we couldn't walk on the observation bridge however admittance was free.   Ended the night at the new location for Bar Bill.

Cheers to an injury free game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

BUMP!!

The trip is going well.  Had Danny's Friday night.  Lovely server. Had The Poked Yolk for brunch Saturday. Then on to The Falls. Lots of construction so we couldn't walk on the observation bridge however admittance was free.   Ended the night at the new location for Bar Bill.

Bar Bill, Danny's and Polked Yolk... you're doing things on my TO DO list--and I LIVE HERE.

To be fair to myself, I live up North and don't make it to that part of town often.

Yes: cheers to an injury free game and I hope you have good rain wear.

On 12/15/2023 at 12:27 AM, Big Turk said:

Gotta have a Fish Fry...that's a huge thing here...unlike most places that have it around Lent, we do it here every Friday all year and it's pretty much standard fare at any restaurant on a Friday.  It would be harder to find a restaurant that doesn't offer it than one that does. 

Typically the portions are fall off the plate humongous.

Sounds like a good plan for the game...

You are lucky I guess...looks to be the only day with any potential snow in the long term 15-day forecast...temps have been very unseasonably mild here and only 3-4" of snow so far.  Which after last year's historic fight with Mother Nature thru Christmas is very much appreciated.  Thank you El Nino.

Kind of funny, I grew up0 in NYC area and could go into many restaurants and any day of the week, fried flounder was on the menu.  Moved to western NY and was Fridays only (plus Wednesday during Lent) and always Haddock.  Very few places served fried flounder ans I missed it.  Whenever I was traveling someplace and was on the menu, would always get it.

I now live in NC and down here can get fried flounder any place and any day of the week, but hard to find any place serving haddock.  There use to be one place here, owner was from Buffalo and could always get haddock and beef on Weck, but place closed a few years back.  Now miss my haddock.

On 12/15/2023 at 12:22 AM, CowgirlsFan said:

Flying on Friday.

I hope your team sucks (just this week) 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

BUMP!!

There’s a new Bar Bill location?  I know who the one in Webster (Rochester). Which one are you referring to?  How was the wait?  Decent sized for seating?

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

There’s a new Bar Bill location?  I know who the one in Webster (Rochester). Which one are you referring to?  How was the wait?  Decent sized for seating?

I’m not hearing good things about the bar bill in Rochester. 😢

I haven’t been yet. Still want to try them out though.

14 minutes ago, Westside said:

I’m not hearing good things about the bar bill in Rochester. 😢

I haven’t been yet. Still want to try them out though.

I went in August and thought it was good.  I couldn’t tell a difference in the wings or pizza logs.   The place is huge, so I didn’t have a wait.  I heard it’s been doing well and hope it continues to do so.  The location these picked has seen a lot of restaurant turnovers.  

I hope it stays open 

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I went in August and thought it was good.  I couldn’t tell a difference in the wings or pizza logs.   The place is huge, so I didn’t have a wait.  I heard it’s been doing well and hope it continues to do so.  The location these picked has seen a lot of restaurant turnovers.  

I hope it stays open 

That’s good to hear! 👍🏻 I definitely want to to try them out. It seems like a good spot for a restaurant. I hope they are able to make a go of it!

On 12/15/2023 at 4:31 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Red Raiders won Monsignor Martin football title….again - 3Peat!

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

BUMP!!

Sorry For Your Loss Disney Quote GIF

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Wacka said:

She said they went to the one in Clarence on Main Street. It was the Old Red Mill (I believe).

Yeah I tried to go there over the summer as it's not far from me but it was absolutely mobbed and the wait was like 2 hours

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.