Araiza, accuser agree to dismiss civil lawsuits against each other

Draconator

On 12/13/2023 at 3:28 PM, BullBuchanan said:

Reminder: He still had sex with a high school kid outside a frat house without protection. He's not the good guy here.

This is true.

But there are degrees of wrong-doing.  They were at a college party.  She was drinking.  He was drinking.  She was willing.  He was willing.  How many guys who are in the NFL right now do you think would have checked her age on her ID in those circumstances back when they were in college?  

I'm not sure what the proper punishment is for his situation, but he lost his dream job as an NFL punter and had his name dragged through the mud.  I think we forgive and move forward at this point.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/13/2023 at 6:28 PM, BullBuchanan said:

Reminder: He still had sex with a high school kid outside a frat house without protection. He's not the good guy here.

When I was in high school I had sex with another high schooler, I guess I’m not a good guy either?  😂

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/13/2023 at 3:28 PM, BullBuchanan said:

No he didn't.  He had CONSENSUAL sex with a girl lying about her age and claiming to be in college and over 18.  

20 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

a sexual assault survivor?

Not only did the accuser right out the gate tell authorities it was CONSENSUAL about the encounter they had and could remember outside the house, but it was also proven that Matt was 100% free and clear of the next encounter as he was not even on the property near the time of events. 

FURTHERMORE - Not only was Araiza cleared, but the other guys who were actually in the room during the 2nd encounter were cleared of any wrong doing or assault from actual video footage of the incident from inside the room the incident took place. 

This is the same girl who was running around telling people they are p***ys if they don't f*** her and has run around on VIDEO boasting about how many guys she bangs and wants to bang at multiple other frat parties.  

So for you to keep calling it a "sexual assault" just makes you ignorant and too stubborn to admit that your undying belief into Araiza's guilt BEFORE having ANY evidence to the contrary was wrong.  This isn't a case where they just didn't have enough evidence to file but knew they were guilty.  They were all cleared of all accusations from DIRECT EVIDENCE.  

This girl was as authentic in her claims as Jussie Smolet was in his attack and George Santos was on his resume.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

This is true.

But there are degrees of wrong-doing.  They were at a college party.  She was drinking.  He was drinking.  She was willing.  He was willing.  How many guys who are in the NFL right now do you think would have checked her age on her ID in those circumstances back when they were in college?  

I'm not sure what the proper punishment is for his situation, but he lost his dream job as an NFL punter and had his name dragged through the mud.  I think we forgive and move forward at this point.  

There shouldn't have been any.  Unfortunately for him, either she or her lawyer lied about him having anything to do with the activities inside, and that made the episode outside the house public knowledge.

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No he didn't.  He had CONSENSUAL sex with a girl lying about her age and claiming to be in college and over 18.  

Not only did the accuser right out the gate tell authorities it was CONSENSUAL about the encounter they had and could remember outside the house, but it was also proven that Matt was 100% free and clear of the next encounter as he was not even on the property near the time of events. 

FURTHERMORE - Not only was Araiza cleared, but the other guys who were actually in the room during the 2nd encounter were cleared of any wrong doing or assault from actual video footage of the incident from inside the room the incident took place. 

This is the same girl who was running around telling people they are p***ys if they don't f*** her and has run around on VIDEO boasting about how many guys she bangs and wants to bang at multiple other frat parties.  

So for you to keep calling it a "sexual assault" just makes you ignorant and too stubborn to admit that your undying belief into Araiza's guilt BEFORE having ANY evidence to the contrary was wrong.  This isn't a case where they just didn't have enough evidence to file but knew they were guilty.  They were all cleared of all accusations from DIRECT EVIDENCE.  

This girl was as authentic in her claims as Jussie Smolet was in his attack and George Santos was on his resume.  

Why am I not surprised you're here with the worst possible take?

First of all, I didn't decide his guilt or innocence. He slept with a 17 year old high school girl as a 21 year old college senior. In most places, consent doesn't really matter matter there.

Second of all, he was never "cleared" of anything. The DA declined to press charges.

Third of all, the sexual assault that occurred inside the house didn't require Araiza to be present for it to be an assault. Me calling him a scumbag for his actions that night doesn't change whether or not he was involved in the assault, nor does it even require an assault to have taken place.

THE DUDE BANGED A HIGHSCHOOLER OUTSIDE A FRAT HOUSE BY HIS OWN ADMISSION.

If you want to run him for mayor or give him a key to the city, you go right ahead. He'll always be a scumbag to me that never deserves another story about him, unless it's about a future crime.

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

When I was in high school I had sex with another high schooler, I guess I’m not a good guy either?  😂

If you were a high school senior and they were in middle school, you'd be right. Since that's not what we're talking about though, it's irrelevant.

5 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

This is true.

I think not getting to play in the NFL is about the lightest possible outcome for something that could have, and probably should have been far more severe.

It's pretty clear most of you guys think that this is just 100% fine. Despite how deplorable I find that to be, I'm not going to convince you of a new morality, so good luck with your 1950s era views on assault moving forward in your lives and hopefully it's never a problem for you or anyone you know.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3

And luckily for him, he was in a state that protects such an act under those circumstances from a charge of Statutory. In other states, he wouldn't have been so lucky.

And this is a major part of it. Things like this may fall under the category of "boys will be boys" and surely, similar uncouth, if you will, situations happen all the time with NFL players. But they aren't released to the general public in blow by blow (no pun intended) details.

Even if technically, no crime was committed because of jurisdiction - the party and how he behaved is public knowledge and it doesn't look good on his character. And when it comes to a position like Punter, there's no room for ANY character question.

I watched the Real Sports episode on him and it included Andrea Kramer quoting a GM saying something along the lines of "I have daughters, I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole". And I was confused at first, because this was said after knowledge of no crime being committed was released. But I think him having slept with an underage girl within minutes of meeting her, not knowing who she was, or her age is a turn off to some GM's.

• Dislike 1

I don't think she was leading the charge on that lawsuit. It was her dumb lawyer. Why on earth did she not go with a proven lawyer in those cases, like Gloria Allred? I wonder if Gloria turned down the case and that's why the accuser had a lame attorney. The guy was an imbecile and loose cannon, he saw Matt Araiza, the NFL, and the "Punt God" nickname and saw what he thought was a landmark opportunity. The problem for him is him being an imbecile and loose cannon, he ruined any strategic opportunity for her. Once the Bills cut Araiza, the best he was going to get was Araiza's signing bonus of $50k. It was also so crazy how quickly the local Bills beat went from giving that guy the spotlight to screening him out like he never existed in just 48 hours. 

The girl was a kid, so I don't think it makes sense to compare her to Santos or Smollet. Compare her attorney to them though, that does make sense. 

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why am I not surprised you're here with the worst possible take?

First of all, I didn't decide his guilt or innocence. He slept with a 17 year old high school girl as a 21 year old college senior. In most places, consent doesn't really matter matter there.

Second of all, he was never "cleared" of anything. The DA declined to press charges.

Third of all, the sexual assault that occurred inside the house didn't require Araiza to be present for it to be an assault. Me calling him a scumbag for his actions that night doesn't change whether or not he was involved in the assault, nor does it even require an assault to have taken place.

THE DUDE BANGED A HIGHSCHOOLER OUTSIDE A FRAT HOUSE BY HIS OWN ADMISSION.

If you want to run him for mayor or give him a key to the city, you go right ahead. He'll always be a scumbag to me that never deserves another story about him, unless it's about a future crime.

NOPE, that is not what happened.  You see, you LITERALLY continue to IGNORE the actual facts of the case...shocker (said no one ever).  Never cleared of anything?  LMAO, he was 100% proven to have left the property over an HOUR before the next encounter took place.  He was 100% cleared of ANY involvement in the 2nd encounter through a number of factually proven pieces of evidence.

Furthermore, the police determined through VIDEO FOOTAGE of the 2nd encounter that there was no signs of force or assault involved in the 2nd encounter either.  You know the video footage of her banging a guy in the living room before moving upstairs and continuing with more than one guy absent force or assault. 

And get off your soap box about a college guy having sex with a high school girl, it's so ridiculous.   I had sex with a college girl I met at a party when I was a junior in high school...I assure you I wasn't raped.  

News flash...high school girls (and guys) lie about their age to sleep with college students consensually every single day at every single college on earth.  Their encounter is not even illegal in all states based on age.  That doesn't make every one of those college students "rapists" because a girl (or guy) lies to them about their age and they consensually have sex.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's pretty clear most of you guys think that this is just 100% fine. Despite how deplorable I find that to be, I'm not going to convince you of a new morality, so good luck with your 1950s era views on assault moving forward in your lives and hopefully it's never a problem for you or anyone you know.

100 years ago, what Araiza did wouldn't have been a crime.  Or a thousand years ago.  Or a million years ago.  History is filled with young people having sex.

It also wouldn't have been a crime in most states.  From what I just found on the internet, the age of consent is 16 in 32 states.  It's 17 in 8 more.  

New morality?  Sexual morality is highly variable from culture to culture.  What Araiza did wouldn't be considered immoral in many places on the earth today.  

I have two daughters and I'm glad we have age-of-consent laws in the U.S.  I just think Araiza has been punished enough.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, extrahammer said:

I don't think she was leading the charge on that lawsuit. It was her dumb lawyer. Why on earth did she not go with a proven lawyer in those cases, like Gloria Allred? I wonder if Gloria turned down the case and that's why the accuser had a lame attorney. The guy was an imbecile and loose cannon, he saw Matt Araiza, the NFL, and the "Punt God" nickname and saw what he thought was a landmark opportunity. The problem for him is him being an imbecile and loose cannon, he ruined any strategic opportunity for her. Once the Bills cut Araiza, the best he was going to get was Araiza's signing bonus of $50k. It was also so crazy how quickly the local Bills beat went from giving that guy the spotlight to screening him out like he never existed in just 48 hours. 

The girl was a kid, so I don't think it makes sense to compare her to Santos or Smollet. Compare her attorney to them though, that does make sense. 

This is the same girl who boasts about how many dudes she has slept with on videos on youtube at parties prior to this one.  The same girl who was going around the party telling guys they are "p***ys if you don't f*** me"?  The same girl whose own friends gave statements that she was telling everyone she was 18 and in college at another local college. 

While I agree the civil lawyer was a scum bag, most are...I can't just say it was all his fault, I mean she is the one who sought out the attorney in the first place despite her lies to people at the party and her self proclaimed and demonstrated consensual promiscuity.  And why didn't she get someone else as a lawer?  Maybe she tried and they turned her down, or maybe she went with the sleezy guy cuz she had a flimsy case.  

But honestly, who her attorney was or wasn't turned out to be irrelevant.  Police investigation cleared Matt proving he left an hour before it the encounter happened and police said the video footage of her 2nd sexual encounter showed no signs of force or assault.  She could have had Tom Cruise from A Few Good Men as her attorney and it wouldn't have helped given Matt left an hour before the alleged 2nd encounter.  Ha, sorry, just rewatched that movie the other day hence the reference...still such a good movie.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

NOPE, that is not what happened.  You see, you LITERALLY continue to IGNORE the actual facts of the case...shocker (said no one ever).  Never cleared of anything?  LMAO, he was 100% proven to have left the property over an HOUR before the next encounter took place.  He was 100% cleared of ANY involvement in the 2nd encounter through a number of factually proven pieces of evidence.

Furthermore, the police determined through VIDEO FOOTAGE of the 2nd encounter that there was no signs of force or assault involved in the 2nd encounter either.  You know the video footage of her banging a guy in the living room before moving upstairs and continuing with more than one guy absent force or assault. 

And get off your soap box about a college guy having sex with a high school girl, it's so ridiculous.   I had sex with a college girl I met at a party when I was a junior in high school...I assure you I wasn't raped.  

News flash...high school girls (and guys) lie about their age to sleep with college students consensually every single day at every single college on earth.  Their encounter is not even illegal in all states based on age.  That doesn't make every one of those college students "rapists" because a girl (or guy) lies to them about their age and they consensually have sex.  

You are absolutely correct in all of this. I was one of the people who wanted him off the team ASAP, but I did keep up with the case, and once the videos of this girl started circling of her being at the said party, and saying "I'm only 18", I started to side eye the whole story. 

• Agree 1

Too many people jumped the gun and demaned he be fired into the sun immediately as, to them, it was obvious he was a monster before the matter was even looked into.  It was so bad anyone who even so much as hinted they should look into it before getting rid of him was a horrible person for defending a monster such as him.  The Bills had no choice, people were going to burn the stadium down if they didn't immediately fire him.

And a ton of people got a valuable lesson on the dangers of The Court of Public Opinion.

10 hours ago, The Red King said:

Too many people jumped the gun and demaned he be fired into the sun immediately as, to them, it was obvious he was a monster before the matter was even looked into.  It was so bad anyone who even so much as hinted they should look into it before getting rid of him was a horrible person for defending a monster such as him.  The Bills had no choice, people were going to burn the stadium down if they didn't immediately fire him.

And a ton of people got a valuable lesson on the dangers of The Court of Public Opinion.

You’re talking about a punter who hadn’t even made the team yet. 

The Bills did have choices. They made the right choice. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Livinginthepast said:

Exactly, nobody cared about the punter when our offense scored on every series. Then "vanilla" Dorsey infused himself into the psyche of this team and  Sam Martin was exposed as the washed up bum he is.

the Bills aren't 7-6 because of the guy who has punted the second fewest times in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All some people care to know is that she was 17 (which, as below, is legal in 80% of the country) and that's the end of it for them.  Never mind that she was responsible for and a willing participant in what happened to her, as it pertains to what happened between her and Araiza. :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

100 years ago, what Araiza did wouldn't have been a crime.  Or a thousand years ago.  Or a million years ago.  History is filled with young people having sex.

It also wouldn't have been a crime in most states.  From what I just found on the internet, the age of consent is 16 in 32 states.  It's 17 in 8 more.  

New morality?  Sexual morality is highly variable from culture to culture.  What Araiza did wouldn't be considered immoral in many places on the earth today.  

I have two daughters and I'm glad we have age-of-consent laws in the U.S.  I just think Araiza has been punished enough.

Yup.  Been saying for awhile that in 80% of the country 17 is legal.  It's absurd to think that in California they mature at a slower rate, but that's probably why they have the "mistake of age" defense.  She's not the type of person the statutory rape laws were meant to protect. 

Again I have 2 boys and this case, beyond it involving a (former) Bills player hit home because I could envision something similar happening to them (my younger son's college actually is right next to a high school).

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I agree that based on the info we have, Araiza has very likely been punished enough. We will never know.

But something being legal or acceptable in the past does not make it ok today. At all. Wtf kind of argument is that? Slavery (and many other terrible things) was legal 200 years ago, and is acceptable in some countries today, so it's ok?

The law is the law, cross the line don't be surprised if you get burned.

47 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

I agree that based on the info we have, Araiza has very likely been punished enough. We will never know.

But something being legal or acceptable in the past does not make it ok today. At all. Wtf kind of argument is that? Slavery (and many other terrible things) was legal 200 years ago, and is acceptable in some countries today, so it's ok?

The law is the law, cross the line don't be surprised if you get burned.

Slavery! Ha. Fine example. Making a great deal of sense. Understanding this guy's point. A one year age difference in the age of consent is exactly the same as slavery. Exactly!

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And luckily for him, he was in a state that protects such an act under those circumstances from a charge of Statutory. In other states, he wouldn't have been so lucky.

And this is a major part of it. Things like this may fall under the category of "boys will be boys" and surely, similar uncouth, if you will, situations happen all the time with NFL players. But they aren't released to the general public in blow by blow (no pun intended) details.

Even if technically, no crime was committed because of jurisdiction - the party and how he behaved is public knowledge and it doesn't look good on his character. And when it comes to a position like Punter, there's no room for ANY character question.

I watched the Real Sports episode on him and it included Andrea Kramer quoting a GM saying something along the lines of "I have daughters, I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole". And I was confused at first, because this was said after knowledge of no crime being committed was released. But I think him having slept with an underage girl within minutes of meeting her, not knowing who she was, or her age is a turn off to some GM's.

Hypocrisy is pretty active in the nfl, that unnamed GM will likely sign players of questionable reputation with no hesitation…, 

Look at Tyreek Hill, he beat a pregnant woman and broke a child’s arm, for gods sake, yet he is employable in the NFL.
   The league is a one legged man in an azs kicking contest, it has no leg to stand on when it comes to morality. 

What is being left out in all this is that girls will be girls to get what they want to, just as boys will be boys…, is it pretty? No, but it is human nature, and neither party should have their lives permanently ruined because of this. 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Hypocrisy is pretty active in the nfl, that unnamed GM will likely sign players of questionable reputation with no hesitation…, 

Look at Tyreek Hill, he beat a pregnant woman and broke a child’s arm, for gods sake, yet he is employable in the NFL.
   The league is a one legged man in an azs kicking contest, it has no leg to stand on when it comes to morality. 

What is being left out in all this is that girls will be girls to get what they want to, just as boys will be boys…, is it pretty? No, but it is human nature, and neither party should have their lives permanently ruined because of this.

It was obvious something was fishy when her scumbag lawyer filed civil charges before criminal charges were announced, and only after Araiza had made the team.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

In a vacuum, there is hypocrisy there. But the difference boils down to the crux of the problem for Araiza.

Tyreek Hill is an Elite #1 Wide Receiver. Araiza's... a Punter.

Even if he's the greatest Punter that's ever lived - it's far and away the least valued position in Football. And by a large margin. 

If Araiza were a QB or a WR, he'd have been playing this season. But even being cleared, his being signed by a team would bring attention to them and alert the fanbase and community of said signing team to the tale.

And no one wants to deal with ANY sort of distraction for a Punter. 

I'm not saying it's right and I'm not saying I'd be against him signing with the Bills or any other team. I'm just pointing out why he hasn't been signed yet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.