It’s Dallas week and the Division is on the line!

Einstein

24 minutes ago, Process said:

When is the best time to buy tix for this game? They usually go down in price the couple of days before the game right? Or should I get them today before they all get gobbled up? 

I would imagine this game will be in high demand for tickets. Beating the Chiefs and Miami losing last night has Bills fans fired up about winning the division along with the improved playoff chances overall. The Cowboys are a good team, and their fans travel well. Also, Dallas only comes to Buffalo once every 8 years so it's a chance for Bills fans to boo "America's team". This game is massive for both teams. Cowboys also have their focus on winning the NFCE. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Chiefs have a top notch secondary, with a corner like Snead that they can plaster on Diggs.  They have a good pass rush, centered around Chris Jones and they have fast/twitchy linebackers that they used to spy Allen.  

Dallas has a similar DL, but I don't know enough about them to determine whether they have linebackers that can stop Allen from running and/or a secondary that can cover like the Chiefs can.  

Yeah... can Dallas stop Allen from running? Allen ran straight into the line a few times in KC, but his TD run was epic the way he carried tacklers into the end zone: https://www.buffalobills.com/video/bulldozer-josh-allen-carries-tacklers-on-a-six-yard-touchdown-run-bills-at-chief

Spy... doesn't use of a spy use up a LB who could otherwise cover a zone or player? It seems to me having a dedicated spy would create mismatches that the offense could exploit. I don't know, spies do seem to work against Josh.

50 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Correct me if Im wrong here but even if we lose to the Cowboys, we have Pats and Charges (must wins). Putting us at 9-7 going into the last game.

Dolphins still have the Ravens and Cowboys assuming they lose both, even if they beat the Jets it puts them at 10-6 going into the last week.

they play the Bills the last game of the season. A win puts Bills at 10-7 as well as Dolphins, but we would have both the head to heads. 

That is correct. We would win the division and they would go to the wild card. A loss in that game in this scenario puts the Bills likely out of the playoffs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I need to know if there is any scenario, however infinitesimal in nature, in which the Bills win the division and BOTH Miami and KC miss the playoffs.  It will cement my rooting interests for the next four weeks.  

On a not unrelated note, you know that after the last 48 hours, the rest of the AFC feels like Michigan felt when they saw Alabama pop up in the #4 slot in the CFP.

Edited by BRH
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Has Dak ever played in Buffalo? I don't think he has. 

Just not scared of that dude. 

Bills will overpower this team with pure emotion. 

It's all happening! 

He's been lights out at home.  They run an offense where he hits the back foot and the ball is out.  They have a good OL, but it's next to impossible to pressure a guy getting the ball out that fast & decisive.

Interested to see how we defend them. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

He's been lights out at home.  They run an offense where he hits the back foot and the ball is out.  They have a good OL, but it's next to impossible to pressure a guy getting the ball out that fast & decisive.

Interested to see how we defend them. 

Probably not unlike the way we defended the Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

51 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Has Dak ever played in Buffalo? I don't think he has. 

Just not scared of that dude. 

Bills will overpower this team with pure emotion. 

It's all happening! 

No.  Only time he played the Bills was the 2019 loss in Dallas on Thanksgiving.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, stevewin said:

I can't remember a year when there was so many crazy swings on teams, including untouchable teams that were 'dominant and 'unstoppable'.  Jets get their gifted Lombardi ripped from their hands 4 plays into the season.  49ers getting fitted for their rings then lose 3 in a row, Purdy outed as a grocery bagger, then they are dominant again.  Phil being fitted for their crown now they are soft and *should* have lost 3 in a row.  Miami with 'revolutionary' offense (that puts a man in motion!) that all we can do is bow down to its greatness now poised to completely crap the bed.  Cracks showing in hallowed Patrick and almighty Chiefs, Bengals season over before it began now playing better with backup than with Joe Brr, Denver actually good now? WTF, Detroit, etc. The only constants being Mac Jones' sucktitude, McDaniels' greasy word salad smarminess, Bellicheat's fat mumbling miserableness, and Saleh's punchable face.

Meanwhile the Bills with some of the worst string of unbelievable losses in a season and off field drama now in drivers seat to make playoffs and peak at exactly the right time.  What a freaking roller coaster

Let's not forget the Cowboys getting raped by the 49'ers, and everyone said it was time for Jerruh to clean house and get rid of Dak Prescott.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BRH said:

Probably not unlike the way we defended the Dolphins.

I remember being really worried about the Dolphins because my co-worker is a huge Dolphins fan and kept talking about how fast they/Tua is.

what worries me about the Cowboys is their D

Win this week and week 18 will highly likely be for the division!

Put another way, if they Bills win out they are favorites to win the division.   Miami will likely drop 1 vs Jets, Cowboys, Ravens.

Now if the Bills start losing again lots of other much worse possibilities come into play.

56 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

That is correct. We would win the division and they would go to the wild card. A loss in that game in this scenario puts the Bills likely out of the playoffs. 

You know, no one has mentioned a particularly delicious scenario: the Bills win out, winning the division, and the Dolphins lose out, missing the playoffs and opening themselves to universal, well-deserved, and long-lasting derision. Heh.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Good presser.  Answers some questions on Cook not being used so much in 2nd half, Diggs not getting the ball much downfield, why they didn't run on that last drive, and more.

Would you mind summarizing his response to these questions? 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, boater said:

Yeah... can Dallas stop Allen from running? Allen ran straight into the line a few times in KC, but his TD run was epic the way he carried tacklers into the end zone: https://www.buffalobills.com/video/bulldozer-josh-allen-carries-tacklers-on-a-six-yard-touchdown-run-bills-at-chief

Spy... doesn't use of a spy use up a LB who could otherwise cover a zone or player? It seems to me having a dedicated spy would create mismatches that the offense could exploit. I don't know, spies do seem to work against Josh.

So I have a "rules" question about that play.  First off, it was a thing of beauty.  The Chiefs D had no idea that play was a possible choice there.  Dawkins and Morse did a fantastic job giving Josh a hole with Spencer Brown out in front.

Spencer Brown remained ahead of the pile, as the rest of the guys were pushing Josh he had his back to the goal line and it looked as though he was pulling.  But as Josh approached the goal line, he stepped back and raised his arms in the universal "see refs, I'm an innocent man!" gesture.

Why?

Is there a rule about pulling your own player forward over the goal line?

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So I have a "rules" question about that play.  First off, it was a thing of beauty.  The Chiefs D had no idea that play was a possible choice there.  Dawkins and Morse did a fantastic job giving Josh a hole with Spencer Brown out in front.

Spencer Brown remained ahead of the pile, as the rest of the guys were pushing Josh he had his back to the goal line and it looked as though he was pulling.  But as Josh approached the goal line, he stepped back and raised his arms in the universal "see refs, I'm an innocent man!" gesture.

Why?

Is there a rule about pulling your own player forward over the goal line?

You can push a player but you can't pull

27 minutes ago, finn said:

You know, no one has mentioned a particularly delicious scenario: the Bills win out, winning the division, and the Dolphins lose out, missing the playoffs and opening themselves to universal, well-deserved, and long-lasting derision. Heh.

Would you mind summarizing his response to these questions? 

Cook - they weren't trying to go away from him but they went 3 and out a couple times.  There was more to it about situations of being behind the sticks but that was the gist.

Gabe - every game is different sometimes players just don't get involved.  Sometimes it's just protection can't get him the ball or the coverage.  Love to get him more involved.

Knox - gives us another weapon to be more versatile. Good to be able to have him in there and go 12 or 21 personnel and be more versatile

Last drive - with 5 minutes just trying to get your best plays and trying to score. RPO was given up to Josh because they blitz it. bubble play worked for us a few times but maybe in hindsight we should just call it run.  On second down they felt that KC wouldn't use timeouts until after two minutes and felt it better to be aggressive and give Josh two shots at it instead of just one.  Didn't want to settle for a field goal, wanted the TD.  Plays just didn't work out.

That was only roughly half of the interview but I can't transcribe everything lol.  There was something about getting Diggs involved too but I dont remember what was said.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Win this week and week 18 will highly likely be for the division!

Put another way, if they Bills win out they are favorites to win the division.   Miami will likely drop 1 vs Jets, Cowboys, Ravens.

Now if the Bills start losing again lots of other much worse possibilities come into play.

I could see Dolphins losing to both Cowboys and Ravens

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

IMG-5249.jpg

This is the funniest post ever on here!! HILARIOUS!!!!! Thanks for the laugh 

3 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

I could see Dolphins losing to both Cowboys and Ravens

I could see the Jets defense stealing a win.  Especially if Wilson plays as well as he did against Houston

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2

If I'm in Miami, that Jets game would be scaring the beejeebees out of me.  Miami now have a patchwork offensive line having lost another key player last night. The Jets have as stout a Dline as there is in the game and their Defense plays rough and tumble.  I would keep my eyes squarely on NY and not worry an iota about Dallas or Baltimore or Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Well the one I'm most concerned about is M. Parsons.....

Yeah, I'm not sure Micah Parsons can be overpowered with pure emotion.  Seems like foot speed and impeccable blocking technique might be needed, and getting the ball out decisively and fast would be good too.

So this is an aside, but I looked up sack stats on Google.  And not to take away from Parson who is indeed a one-man wrecking crew, but I'm a bit surprised by how many defenses with a pass rusher ahead of Parsons on the Sack list we've actually faced: Josh Allen with JAX, Maxx Crosby with LVR, Trey Hendrickson from Cincy.

Of course, in 2 out of 3 of those cases, it didn't go so well.

1 minute ago, wjag said:

If I'm in Miami, that Jets game would be scaring the beejeebees out of me.  Miami now have a patchwork offensive line having lost another key player last night. The Jets have as stout a Dline as there is in the game and their Defense plays rough and tumble.  I would keep my eyes squarely on NY and not worry an iota about Dallas or Baltimore or Buffalo.

And hopefully, that's advice the Bills are taking to heart.  One game at a time.  Dallas is up, win against them first.

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Your optimism is commendable, but you're talking out two sides of your mouth.  You regard Dallas as a formidable opponent for the 'fins, but seem confident the Bills will have their way with them.

Nothing will convince you? How about the previous losses to the Patriots, Jets, Broncos, and near misses against the Bucs and Giants. Even if we clobber Dallas, I wouldn't count on a cake walk through the remaining 3 games. The Bills have found too many ways to ***** defeat from the jaws of victory this year.

Not sure how you arrived at 1.5 games back. We're 2 games back.  The most the Bills can win is 11.  If that happens then we have to hope the Dolphins lose one of the other 3 games.  In other words, they'd have to lose3 of their last 5.  Don't see that happening.

I'm hopeful the Bills can win out, just not overly optimistic. They're still banged up on defense, even more now that Hyde and Epenesa are 'week to week', which could mean an even leaner defense. 

Right now, I'm saying 50-50 to make the playoffs. We'll see soon enough.

edit: quite the filter we have here. A perfectly acceptable word that rhymes with latch is censored. 

Excellent and realistic post. It will not be popular here. It's pretty hard to disagree with your logic here. 

Point by point I hit the checkmark symbol. However, you are being generous on the 50-50 make the playoffs comment. It's actually closer to 40% right now. Just ignore all the numbers that aren't positive. It's way more fun the other way. 

But hey, stop peeing on the optimism here. You will find yourself in deep ...

As for me, I'm just taking a one game at a time mentality. Trying not to focus past that. 

The Bills play very well at home and Dallas isn't great on the road. I'm hoping Dallas has a letdown. I can totally see it. They aren't in must win mode like Buffalo. This will be a dogfight of a game but the Bills can definitely win it. Just a little concerned about how the Bills offense played in the second half of the Chiefs game. Almost looked Dorsey like. I don't trust the depleted defense or McD come crunch time. I think Allen can play super man once again and make spectacular plays. 

Lots of unknowns here. A known is I'll be extremely disappointed and deflated if the Bills lose. Just as we see a glimmer of hope; I hope it doesn't get ripped away on Sunday. 

It's good to be back! 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 3

If Miami goes 2-1 and we go 3-0,  Week 18 is for Division

If Miami goes 1-2 and we go 2-1,  Week 18 is for the Division

If the unthinkable happens, Miami goes 0-3  to 9-7  and we go 2-1 / 3-0, 

I think Week 18 they can still win Division if they beat us?  

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

When is the best time to buy tix for this game? They usually go down in price the couple of days before the game right? Or should I get them today before they all get gobbled up? 

I'm waiting. No way I'm paying $250 to these scalpers for upper part of 300s. I'll watch from the tailgate if it comes to that. Game is definitely in high demand though.

Prices drop on game day itself, depending on remaining inventory. Problem is, cell service sucks so bad around the stadium, it can be hard to make the purchase go through on Ticketmaster at times. But if you wait, the bagholders will lower their ransom.

52 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

For me this is way too premature. I'm just looking forward to the Dallas game taking it one game at a time. Maybe, I'm just not smart enough to think further ahead. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

I'm waiting. No way I'm paying $250 to these scalpers for upper part of 300s. I'll watch from the tailgate if it comes to that. Game is definitely in high demand though.

Prices drop on game day itself, depending on remaining inventory. Problem is, cell service sucks so bad around the stadium, it can be hard to make the purchase go through on Ticketmaster at times. But if you wait, the bagholders will lower their ransom.

I've been scoping prices and the way the venders operate. Come game time it seems like the big boys like Vivid, Ticket Master, Tick pic, etc...do not lower their prices. Surprised to find that out. 

I go to Clipper games and frequently use the Game time app. Every once in awhile you can find a deal if you check daily. Mind you a Clipper ticket isn't like purchasing a football ticket. 

So far, I have seen much positive movement for the Bills Chargers game. 

I snagged VIP Clipper tickets for $25 and tonight I'm 2 rows behind the Clipper bench for $60 each. Got really lucky.

Hoping I can jump on a Bills Charger tickets cheap. 

1 hour ago, wjag said:

They also have a strong secondary and with Hill not at 100% I could see Tua struggling passing the ball. It will come down to Wilson and the Jets offense. If they can do what they did in the 2nd half vs Houston, then they will have an excellent chance to win. 

Edited by Gregg

Just now, newcam2012 said:

I've been scoping prices and the way the venders operate. Come game time it seems like the big boys like Vivid, Ticket Master, Tick pic, etc...do not lower their prices. Surprised to find that out. 

I go to Clipper games and frequently use the Game time app. Every once in awhile you can find a deal if you check daily. Mind you a Clipper ticket isn't like purchasing a football ticket. 

So far, I have seen much positive movement for the Bills Chargers game. 

I snagged VIP Clipper tickets for $25 and tonight I'm 2 rows behind the Clipper bench for $60 each. Got really lucky.

Hoping I can jump on a Bills Charger tickets cheap. 

The vast majority of tickets on Ticketmaster at this point though are individual resale. It's people who are listing them for sale on the platform, not the platform itself. The Bills drop some tickets on there late, and there are probably entities that just speculatively buy a lot of tickets and try to scalp them for a profit. But I've seen the same thing on there... come game day, whatever the baseline lowest price is for the majority of tickets in a section, people will undercut it to get rid of their seats. It won't be a ton less than what they are now, but it will be less. They go quickly though. I'm not expecting to get in for much less than $200, but I do think I'll get some for right around there, hopefully frontish section of 300s.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Yes. Miami is without their starting Center now -- and I would be worried about Tua's health against that stout Jets defense.

45 minutes ago, JV14 said:

Is haiku reserved for Miami week only?

I live in Dallas

Wear my bills gear all the time

How about them Bills

Response from the haiku control board:

Yes. Haiku are reserved for weeks in which we're going to squish the fish

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

correct.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.