We are so blessed to have Josh Allen

Einstein

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

Sometimes I forget how fortunate we are. It’s easy, over time, to become comfortable with something/someone being in your life or on your team.

But my goodness, name another QB who could deal with the constant onslaught he saw today. Nonstop blitzes, most of which were never picked up by our own line. Constantly avoiding defenders and avoiding sacks. The list of QB’s not named Allen who could have done what he did today is very very short.

And i’ve never ever seen his flip out like a gigantic crybaby like Mahomes did after the game.

nobody. He is the best damn qb in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Einstein said:

Sometimes I forget how fortunate we are. It’s easy, over time, to become comfortable with something/someone being in your life or on your team.

But my goodness, name another QB who could deal with the constant onslaught he saw today. Nonstop blitzes, most of which were never picked up by our own line. Constantly avoiding defenders and avoiding sacks. The list of QB’s not named Allen who could have done what he did today is very very short.

And i’ve never ever seen his flip out like a gigantic crybaby like Mahomes did after the game.

It's just so great to watch so many entertaining games. I know it's all about winning an SB for Buffalo. But I sometimes think people will have missed out on enjoying one of the great eras or entertaining football in Buffalo for complaining all the time. I was watching Derek Carr yesterday and just thought "Christ, this is what watching football is like most of the time."

Watching Buffalo play the last few seasons has been fantastic. Okay, it's been heartbreaking at times too, but you take that.  Allen is an absolute joy. 

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

And Chris Jones is going to be a HOFer by the time he retires, he’s that good. Nick Bolton is also a beast. They have some very solid pieces on that defense. Plus they know us almost as well as a division rival. 

What kills me though is they show a replay to praise Sneed for his coverage ability but he clearly grabs our WR arm before the ball in the area. I give credit to the KC defense for stepping up this season but still kinda sus.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

How bad was it, though? The replay showed he had an open receiver in front of a defender.  Now, Josh never saw the intercepting player lurking to the side and that’s definitely on him. Mahomes , on the other hand tried to complete a pass through Epenesa , who was right in his face. The ball was predictably batted up by AJ, who also came down with the INT. You probably won’t hear much about that play, though. 

And that play was just as critical.  The Chiefs were moving the ball on their opening drive and the pick set the tone.  If they go up 7-0 there it’s a different game.  We punted after that but it gave the D a huge lift that they sustained for a good while. 

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It DEFINITELY has. But nobody breaks down protection schemes better than Spags. In 2020 when our Oline was pretty good, certainly above average league wide, we had two really bad games. Both vs KC. I think if he has the horses he finds a way.

The way he found was blitzing constantly, which begs the question why didn't Allen, Brady, and/or the receivers adjust? In the second half, they were blitzing AND Diggs seemed double covered (and dropped the ball when he wasn't) AND no one was open. Of course, Cook mysteriously wasn't on the field, so our hottest hot receiver wasn't available, but where was Knox, Kincaid, and Murray? 

Incidentally, was Murray benched after his inexcusable fumble? Or does McDermott reserve that punishment for only effective players?

Just now, finn said:

The way he found was blitzing constantly, which begs the question why didn't Allen, Brady, and/or the receivers adjust? In the second half, they were blitzing AND Diggs seemed double covered (and dropped the ball when he wasn't) AND no one was open. Of course, Cook mysteriously wasn't on the field, so our hottest hot receiver wasn't available, but where was Knox, Kincaid, and Murray? 

Incidentally, was Murray benched after his inexcusable fumble? Or does McDermott reserve that punishment for only effective players?

The Bills have had an issue for years with hot routes. Combination of them not built effectively into design and Josh not getting to them quickly enough. Definitely felt like yesterday there had to have been some hot route adjustments to punish the blitzes but they never came for whatever reason. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

That play he made where he is just about out of bounds but throws a lob for a big completion was insane. 

Agree. That play should be on all the highlight reels, as should the Allen juke that broke the ankles of that DB. All the attention in the game is going to Mahomes' meltdown. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Einstein said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. For all of the crap calls and hose jobs we've endured the last 4 seasons, you've never seen Allen lose his cool or throw anyone else under the bus (teammates or coaches). He always shoulders the load. He is the epitome of a Team Captain, and leader, on and off the field. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, finn said:

Agree. That play should be on all the highlight reels, as should the Allen juke that broke the ankles of that DB. All the attention in the game is going to Mahomes' meltdown. 

As it should. That was Josh’s regular character; a guy who makes jaw dropping plays. 

Patty needs to be showing that frustration behind closed doors to this guy and this guy alone:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhmC-vzRL84SNjDWk2d3u

1 minute ago, H2o said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. For all of the crap calls and hose jobs we've endured the last 4 seasons, you've never seen Allen lose his cool or throw anyone else under the bus (teammates or coaches). He always shoulders the load. He is the epitome of a Team Captain, and leader, on and off the field. 

100%. If anything at times he takes too much on his shoulders and wears it. But his personal accountability is beyond question IMO. Great teammate.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bill Grundy said:

It's just so great to watch so many entertaining games. I know it's all about winning an SB for Buffalo. But I sometimes think people will have missed out on enjoying one of the great eras or entertaining football in Buffalo for complaining all the time. I was watching Derek Carr yesterday and just thought "Christ, this is what watching football is like most of the time."

Watching Buffalo play the last few seasons has been fantastic. Okay, it's been heartbreaking at times too, but you take that.  Allen is an absolute joy. 

Allen plays the position like nobody I’ve ever seen. It truly is a treat to watch him on Sunday. 

56 minutes ago, Gregg said:

That play he made where he is just about out of bounds but throws a lob for a big completion was insane. 

Two guys bearing down on him, stumbling backwards, about as close to the sidelines as you can get, and he drops a dime to Murray 20 yards down the field, who almost blew it. Who else in the league is making that throw outside of him? Possibly Mahomes, Burrow, and Rodgers are about the only 3 guys I can see doing that. The play begin at the 12:06 mark of the video. 

20 minutes ago, H2o said:

Two guys bearing down on him, stumbling backwards, about as close to the sidelines as you can get, and he drops a dime to Murray 20 yards down the field, who almost blew it. Who else in the league is making that throw outside of him? Possibly Mahomes, Burrow, and Rodgers are about the only 3 guys I can see doing that. The play begin at the 12:06 mark of the video. 

It reminded me a bit of a prime Big Ben play. Guys hanging off him, anyone else woulda given it up and he throws back inside and finds a guy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

And not for nothing but after 13 seconds, Allen was gracious and kind to Mahomes.

Flash forward and Allen wins on the right call (Toney was 100% Offside) and Mahomes is rambling about a blown call while Allen is greeting him after the game.

Brady would have stormed off the field and not even shaking his hand. Mahomes acted like a huge baby but they’re boys. 

and even though he still makes too many of those “oh no” plays he makes so many of those wow plays, you just have to live with it. I would like to see it be a little more consistent but it’s a great finally to have one of those guys who can do everything and you onow you can beat any team. Special dude.

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Maybe Mahomes, maybe Rodgers, but I doubt Burrow. Not that he’s not a great QB, just not a magician like the other 3. 

16 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's an elite superstar unicorn cyborg. This narrative that our pass protection improved this year is very debatable.

Even though this last game it appears that it hasn't, It has improved considerably, there really isn't a debate in my view.

16 hours ago, buffblue said:

Agreed. The constant swings/WR screens were ineffective in the 2nd half yet he kept going to the well. The run game was also completely abandoned until late in the 4th even though it was going good previously. He got too hung up on the empty backfield formation and played into Spagnoulo's hands

They were bait for the big play and it worked.  Allen didn't see Davis who was open for an easy TD.  Those plays are more effective when Diggs catches the ball too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.