Lame things I can pretty much imagine hearing at Beane’s end of season press conference!

Jim

So we are getting close to the point where here we are going to have a lost season on our hands. Whether you point the finger at the regression of Sean McDermott, horrible WR signings by Brandon Beane, injuries or whatever else, here is what I expect to hear from Beane:

•We always knew this was going to be a tough year, but we saw a lot of good things, like Terrell Bernard.

•Von came back from a big injury and to be honest it was always gonna be tough to expect a lot of a guy under these circumstances.

•Kaiir (or Dawson or whoever) had a rough year. Nagging injury really got to him but we have high hopes for him next year! Shoot, I don’t even doubt they use the BS nagging injury excuse for Davis again.

•Some kinda lame excuse for Harty and Sherfield being such horrid signings. I’m sure they already have excuses about turf toe injuries and ankle problems instead of just admitting they whiffed.

•Will pat McDingus on the head for his “defense” despite the fact that the defense never got a stop to clinch a win once this year, besides the refs bailing us out against NYG.

Anybody got any other hackneyed nonsense we will have thrown at us that will attempt to explain away why we are frittering away the career of the best QB we’ve ever seen in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, Jim said:

So we are getting close to the point where here we are going to have a lost season on our hands. Whether you point the finger at the regression of Sean McDermott, horrible WR signings by Brandon Beane, injuries or whatever else, here is what I expect to hear from Beane:

•We always knew this was going to be a tough year, but we saw a lot of good things, like Terrell Bernard.

•Von came back from a big injury and to be honest it was always gonna be tough to expect a lot of a guy under these circumstances.

•Kaiir (or Dawson or whoever) had a rough year. Nagging injury really got to him but we have high hopes for him next year! Shoot, I don’t even doubt they use the BS nagging injury excuse for Davis again.

•Some kinda lame excuse for Harty and Sherfield being such horrid signings. I’m sure they already have excuses about turf toe injuries and ankle problems instead of just admitting they whiffed.

•Will pat McDingus on the head for his “defense” despite the fact that the defense never got a stop to clinch a win once this year, besides the refs bailing us out against NYG.

Anybody got any other hackneyed nonsense we will have thrown at us that will attempt to explain away why we are frittering away the career of the best QB we’ve ever seen in Buffalo.

I honestly don't want to hear from him at all. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sean is going to lead the Offense as well as the Defense next season. We've seen what he has done with the Defense and know he can lead our Offense.

We're close and with just a player or two in the draft and we'll be challenging for a Lombardi.

Hopefully we'll have Von ready for the stretch run next season.

• Haha (+1) 4

52 minutes ago, Jim said:

Do you feel better now?

• Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Do you feel better now?

I’m just fine. I was before as well.

But I want my football team to be improving and not have Baghdad Bob telling me all is well when they’ve been on a slide since 13 seconds. 

Edited by Jim
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't get it. Are you saying you don’t want to hear anything, regardless of whether or not it’s true?

For example, Von really is coming off of a major injury. What is so wrong about stating that fact?

”Lie to me, Brandon!” ~Some Bills Fans

I will never understand getting upset at what is said during press conferences. Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see.

• Haha (+1) 1

Bean's Presser FAN Edition

Thank you for your time. I'd like to start by saying McClappy, or whatever you call him is fired. I would fire myself as well since the Elam pick didn't work out very well for us despite putting a super bowl level roster together for multiply years since I've been here. I would like to refund all season ticket holders for their troubles and offer to pay for their emotional support. Be it tele-med or in person counseling, please forward all e voices to one bills drive. 
Id like to acknowledge that injuries to key players this year is no excuse for why why the team faltered and I should have mortgaged our future to bring in replacements. 
Yes Dorsey sucked. He should never have been brought back a second year

Yes Sean was in over his head with dual rolls. 
Yes coaching held back Josh from being the elite player that he is

I will now give all the fans of this great team my address and personal phone number and respond to all of your cares and concerns. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't blame Beane at all for how this season has gone.

I said before the season that this '23 team was the best we've had since the '90's - and still believe that.  Philly could easily win the SB, and we should have won that game (hate saying that about any game - but I doubt many would disagree w/ me).

In that game and others, we've seen how good this team CAN be.  It's not Beane's fault when they fail to reach that potential.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I don't blame Beane at all for how this season has gone.

I said before the season that this '23 team was the best we've had since the '90's - and still believe that.  Philly could easily win the SB, and we should have won that game (hate saying that about any game - but I doubt many would disagree w/ me).

In that game and others, we've seen how good this team CAN be.  It's not Beane's fault when they fail to reach that potential.

Perhaps to a point. But brining in Harty and Sherfield was pathetic; especially the amount of money being paid to Harty.

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Perhaps to a point. But brining in Harty and Sherfield was pathetic; especially the amount of money being paid to Harty.

I mean, EVERY GM has some moves that simply don't pan out.  I liked those signings at the time.

Doesn't change the fact that in terms of talent & balance, we're pretty much on par w/ anyone else in the league.  I feel like we could have the same record as Philly right now. The fact that we don't has little to do w/ Beane or the talent level.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm here for the snark. I know it will be in this thread.BRING IT I need the laugh 🙂

EDIT: Okay I think this thread isn't as funny as I had hoped.  You all are a deep disappointment

😇

I think Brandon will speak honestly and from a place of looking ahead and not belaboring the bad luck (Injuries) this year too much. If he is making hiring decisions he needs his head on straight and focused. 

Edited by muppy

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Some kinda lame excuse for Harty and Sherfield being such horrid signings. I’m sure they already have excuses about turf toe injuries and ankle problems instead of just admitting they whiffed.

Why do people expect GMs to admit they whiffed on signings or picks?

Bills media member: "Brandon, your thoughts on Harty and Sherfield?"

Beane: "We f**ked up. Plain and simple. It happens sometimes. 

Bills Media member: "and Kaiir?"

Beane: "yeah, him to. Total f**k up"

Bills media member: "so, they're not really hurt? It was just a major whiff by you guys?"

Beane: "yep, I will probably never have a bigger f**k up than I did with them players. I was sober when I signed all of them and drafted Kaiir too. Don't know how I f**ked up so bad"

Good luck hearing that

Edited by Buffalo03

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Sean is going to lead the Offense as well as the Defense next season. We've seen what he has done with the Defense and know he can lead our Offense.

We're close and with just a player or two in the draft and we'll be challenging for a Lombardi.

Hopefully we'll have Von ready for the stretch run next season.

lol This is good . He can do special teams too.  Why not? What could go wrong that hasn't already?

OH SNAP

lol

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Are you aware the Bills have actually mortgaged their future more than any of the other major contenders? 

Yep. I'm also aware that it was probably not the greatest move and I'm also aware that people wanted the bills to go out and sign any big name available. 
people want Bean to be open and blunt about things and he is never going to be. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

3 hours ago, Jim said:

It’s OK you’re in a safe place let it all out

Just now, uticaclub said:

He's a bigger cap hit than Hopkins. Just unexpectable.

They’ll likely cut him this off-season.  It is what it is.  

Id expect Beane to prep us for a lot of changes this off-season, regardless of how this season plays out.  

No better time for the defense to get younger and less financially prohibitive than coming off a year where they’ve been mediocre at best, completely unclutch, but getting back two players (Von, Milano) who should be big additions - I know Vons back, but next year might be when we finally see Von be Von again. 

16 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

My personal fav whether from coach or GM is, “it’s hard to win in this league…” I mean, there’s not really a good comeback to that obvious statement of fact is there? 

Yeah, it's hard, but it's THEIR JOB.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Jim said:

Well of course as a whole injuries will be the excuse, something about how unfair London was and because of that and the injuries coming out of the game we were never the same.

The other obvious one is Dorsey costing the team the first half of the year. How hard it is to switch in the middle of the year and guys need time in the system to perform. 

Also, schedule did us no favors down the end, the late bye, etc. 

22 hours ago, Jim said:

This is pretty spot on… though most GM’s don’t say anything too crazy during the end of season presser either.  

I’d expect him to play the injury card up quite a bit on defense:

”Any time you lose players like Matt Milano, DaQuan Jones, and Tre White for the season, it’s going to be challenging to win in this league.  As good as they are ON the field, the presence they have as leaders in the locker room is HUGE.”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.