2. 12 Men on the Field

3. Vikings Game

4. Jets season opener

Losses because of McDermott?

1. 13 Seconds

2. 12 Men on the Field

3. Bengals playoff

4. Bills/Chiefs AFC Championship Game

I think the Bills lost those games because of McDermott (Bengals are debatable)

It was McDermott who fumbled in the end zone against the Vikes? It was McDermott who couldn’t beat a Zack Wilson offense that scored one td? And the Chiefs were just better than us in the championship game. 

there is a lot of blame to go around in every loss. But those ones imo aren’t on the Clapspr. 

2 hours ago, fan_in_tx said:

AZ Hail Murray belongs here as well

I know the prompt said it’s not based on McD’s fault, but I think it should be. Which is why I did not include Hail Murray (pretty fluky play) or Bengals playoff loss (just straight up overmatched). Hail Murray definitely has the Rushmore-esque dramatic flair.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, boyst said:

WGR has a great discussion topic. What are the top 4 worst loses for the Bills in McDermott's tenure? The Mount Rushmore for McDermott?

This does not mean the loss is blamed on him - just the loss was under his term.

My submission:

1. 13 seconds

2. Kneel down

3. Peterman's 5 picks

4. Urban Meyers Jaguars

Wow what a fun topic 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Vikings didnt even score on that drive. The Bills were up 27-23. The Defense stopped them on the goal line, and got the ball back with the lead 27-23. The Cam Lewis play should have been irrelevant as long as our Center and QB execute a simple snap. That loss was NOT on Cam Lewis.

Sorry, gotta disagree with you here. Cam knocks that ball down, which he easily could/should have, game over. I believe it was then the next game (or shortly after) where he almost lost the Bills another game 

I still vomit in my mouth every time I see that dude on the field. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Sorry, gotta disagree with you here. Cam knocks that ball down, which he easily could/should have, game over. I believe it was then the next game (or shortly after) where he almost lost the Bills another game 

Roughing the kicker, right? Cam always seems to be in when we most need him OUT.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Again that is the point.  How do these teams all get inside the 5 yard line or score late game over and over?

Edited by Billsfan1972

9 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Was looking for a place to post this. This thread seems appropriate.

"The Process"

bi55qlvjwv2c1.jpeg

I think some of these were just pure luck. Minny game anyone besides Cam Lewis defending would result in incomplete pass and game. Philly how do you make a60 yrd fg in those conditions. TB some horrible tackling by Edmunds late in that game, etc

38 minutes ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Allen has put over Watson, Mahomes, Burrow and now Hurts in "memorable games".  He is turning into Phillip Rivers right in front of our eyes.  Something needs to change.  I’m sick of seeing lesser talent being dressed as heroes by this inept defensive "guru" of a head coach.  

The Bills have gone 35 games without a double digit loss. He is a good defensive coach.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Now do percent of the cap on IR lol.

What a disingenuous point.

9 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Was looking for a place to post this. This thread seems appropriate.

"The Process"

bi55qlvjwv2c1.jpeg

The story of the graphic is the absolute ricochet shot at Cody Ford.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It was McDermott who fumbled in the end zone against the Vikes?

The Vikings had nearly 500 yards of offense. 

That loss was far more than 1 fumble.

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It was McDermott who couldn’t beat a Zack Wilson offense that scored one td?

McD has actually lost to Zach multiple times.

Last year the Jets controlled TOP and had 21 first downs against us with Zach Wilson starting.

Good topic:

- 13 seconds (this one in unanimous)

- Vikings Game (I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a team in position to kneel actually lose)

- Peterman game (he thought that the worst QB ever was a viable option as a starter. It went as anyone with eyes would have expected)

- Patriots game this year (you played a game that you had to win against the worst team in the league)

There are so many other failures to consider.

32 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

The amazing thing about this thread is that the Patriots Wind Game hardly even gets mentioned (justifiably).

Which makes sense that was a fluke. This years game where Mac Jones looked like Tom Freaking Brady definitely should be.  I wonder how frustrating it is for Allen?

Ok so practically speaking, are we ditching Beane too?  Hope not, so then Beane is charged with replacing his buddy? Dumping McBeane could very well 7 & 10 us. There is a lot to say about continuity.  Another thing, (may have been covered ??).  Cook’s drop, Davis’ zig shoulda zagged, horse$#~collar non penalty, 2 missed FGs.  That 27 points that were left on the table.  All would be well in Billsie world if only… 

He has so many epic failures. Too many to list.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

This is the major reason why McDermott has to be fired after this season ends.

Y'all keep bringing up Andy Reid when he was with the Eagles. Please stop doing that. Andy Reid and Sean McDermott are 2 different men with 2 different situations.

Also, I don’t remember Andy’s offense being the reason they always lost. It was Jim Johnson and McD’s defense…..and then Alex Smith in KC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.