WGR Topic: McDermotts Mt Rushmore of Lossess'

boyst

23 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

My conclusion is that I'm perplexed why we so much of our cap % is being spent on our defense when out coach is supposed to be a defensive guru.  Couldn't a guy like that figure out how to do just a little more with less?  How much $$ does he need to get thT defense to make a late game stop?

That money isn’t playing. 

No defensive guru in the NFL could make Von Miller anything but a non-factor out there. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Success said:

Disagree 100% on this one.

Pats gave the Eagles & Dolphins fits in the 1st 2 games, and the D has played tough most of the season.  But all that aside, it's a division game.  Division games can be very unpredictable.

Brady owned the Bills, but throughout those years, the Bills played some very hard-fought games against the much more talented Pats teams.  The Pats loss bothered me because it was the Pats, but the Bills other 5 losses were all worse.

Umm we have fits to the Eagles and Dolphins because our D was completely healthy and not missing our top 3 corners, and Judon like they were against the Bills.

We lost those players in week 3 playing the Jets. So the next 3 weeks before we faced the Bills against Cowboys, Saints and Raiders they scored 20 points total! So the Bills gave up more points than those 3 teams combined!! I dare say everyone thought the Bills were better than the Saints and Raiders.  Also the Dallas and Saints games were the worst losses in BB Career!

As for your division argument, the next week the Phins held the Pats to 17 points and scored 31. 

I use this evidence to say it was a bad loss and if the Bills do miss the playoffs it’s a loss that I think most people will say they should have won and cost them a playoff birth.

Edited by PatsFanNH

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

C’mon, it should never have gotten to that. The defense had just stopped Minnesota but the Bills were stuck at the one, fumbled the snap and gave up a TD.

But that is situational football? No?
You, at worst have a shorter field or you end up with a Safety or TD like they did in probabilities. 

That one choice of going for it on 4&1 to goal was a win.

Either way, the events immediately after that ridiculous 4&18 by Jefferson netted them 6 points…

Different way of looking at it I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by BBFL

On 11/28/2023 at 6:14 AM, Gregg said:

Along with Zach Wilson.

Twice.

Also the wind game in 2021 vs. New England and that smarmy smirk on Belichick's face and his fist pump after. We lost to Mac Jones with a strong-armed QB used to wind in Wyoming. [We also lost to Jones twice.]

Edited by chongli

On 11/28/2023 at 12:14 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Sadly this team has dozens of worthy candidates. Here's what I came up with:

1) Wide Right

2) 13 Seconds
3) Patriots "Just Give It To Em" game
4) 2004 losing to Steelers 3rd stringers and missing playoffs

On 11/28/2023 at 6:19 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

wide Right

tennesse forward pass

no goal 

Let’s be honest. Painful Buffalo losses were happening long before McClappy was a coach. Buffalo is cursed. 

All good choices both of you. The bolded loss to Tennessee was also known as the Music City Miracle or the Homerun Throwback. See, there's even a name for that? SMH.

Let's add the Stevie Jonson "God made me drop the TD" loss in OT to Pittsburgh in 2010.

Plus, didn't we blow a lead to Dallas on primetime somewhere back then too?

And the 1980 playoff loss to San Diego on Ron Smith's last minute 50-yard TD reception from Fouts.

And, while not as dramatic, the loss to the Dolphins in 2018, I believe it was, when Charles Clay dropped a TD pass from Josh.

Edited by chongli

On 11/28/2023 at 8:57 AM, DeltaDigital said:

the fact there's more than 3 of these is so effing billsy it makes me sick. Names and faces change, results remain the same for eternity. #cursed

If anything, it shows not that we are cursed but that the league is somewhat scripted> the smaller markets get sold hope while the blame for not getting over the hump goes to bad luck, curses, a bad coach here, a bad player there.  whereas the larger market teams always seem to have either some super drama that keeps everyone interested or they are made into a contender> see Chicago, Washington, KC, New England, the nyc teams, the california teams, Philly, Miami, and of course Dallas.

just look https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-market-size-nfl-mlb-nhl-nielsen-ratings/

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/29/2023 at 9:17 AM, PatsFanNH said:

Umm we have fits to the Eagles and Dolphins because our D was completely healthy and not missing our top 3 corners, and Judon like they were against the Bills.

We lost those players in week 3 playing the Jets. So the next 3 weeks before we faced the Bills against Cowboys, Saints and Raiders they scored 20 points total! So the Bills gave up more points than those 3 teams combined!! I dare say everyone thought the Bills were better than the Saints and Raiders.  Also the Dallas and Saints games were the worst losses in BB Career!

As for your division argument, the next week the Phins held the Pats to 17 points and scored 31. 

I use this evidence to say it was a bad loss and if the Bills do miss the playoffs it’s a loss that I think most people will say they should have won and cost them a playoff birth.

Our season was over after the Denver loss. You can’t lose a game like that and make the playoffs. A few divisional losses always happen.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/29/2023 at 1:52 PM, dma0034 said:

2nd highest paid defense and it is non-existent versus elite QBs. Outside of the playoff game against Lamar when did the defense stop ab elite QB?

You don’t stop elite QBs and offenses you limit them and give your offense an opportunity to win OR hold a lead late to

preserve a win 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.