Lose to win?

Niagara Dude

Would you prefer we finish winning 4 of 5 games but Bills miss the playoffs because of AFC record or lose 3-4 of their final 5 and McDermott is fired? I think McDermott easily gets another year if the Bills win at least 4 of their final 5 games and finish 10-7.   Finishing 9-8 would be borderline and Pegula could still give him another year unless he finds their are serious communication issues with between McDermott and players. Which means he has totally lost the room

End of the day this Bills team has had more crazy late  game heart breaking losses over the past 3 seasons than any team considered to be a contender in the NFL During that time they have had their offensive and defensive coordinators fired and special team cordinator removed or just left after the 13 secs debacle. The only thing left is firing and replacing the HC.  

It pains me to ever cheer for the team to lose but I also don't want to see anymore of these heart breaking defeats where coaching played a huge part. Plenty of McDermott fans will point to injuries and my response is the Bills were healthy against the Jets on opening night and were not ready to play that game even after Rogers went down.  They somehow made Zac Wilson look good, just like they somehow made Mac Jones from the Pats look great.  

In regards to injuries the Bills have been very healthy on offensive side of the ball all season outside of Knox .  So there are no excuses for losing to the Jets/Pats/Broncos.  They win even 2 of those 3 games and there is great shape right now.

The reality is, Pegula has spent a load of money on this roster and to finish 9-8  or 8-9 is not acceptable when you have a top 3 -4 NFL QB on your team

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

At this point I feel like even if the Bills lose out McDermott will be back next season. The theme will be Brady is a step up as OC, they found a DC and injuries have healed.  Losing now doesn't change that IMO no matter what the fanbase feels, right or wrong.

The only way I see McDermott not back next year is if the locker room complete collapses (and despite what many "think" it doesn't seem like it's even close to that) or he himself decides to step away for health reasons or family reasons or just needs a year or two off which is highly unlikely. 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

At this point I feel like even if the Bills lose out McDermott will be back next season. The theme will be Brady is a step up as OC, they found a DC and injuries have healed.  Losing now doesn't change that IMO no matter what the fanbase feels, right or wrong.

which is basically saying “We know you suckers will lap anything up, be sure to buy those seat licenses in the new stadium, ha ha!”

• Like (+1) 6

19 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

which is basically saying “We know you suckers will lap anything up, be sure to buy those seat licenses in the new stadium, ha ha!”

Sort of. I feel like it buys McDermott an extra year and if he has another down year, it's the perfect time to hire a new coach and sell hope with those new PSLs. From a business standpoint, the worst thing that could happen is he replaces McDermott now, the Bills go 6-11 and he's locked in with nothing to promote.

• Like (+1) 1

Don’t care who judges me but anything that gets Sean McDermott fired.

come on folks, if we sneak into the playoffs do you really feel confident that this clown will lead us to a Super Bowl?

We will go on the road to Baltimore and he will kick field goal down 16 with 5:00 to go and in the press conference say “we have to be better.”

Zero, say it with me, ZERO chance to win a Super Bowl with Sean McDermott as HC. 

HOW MUCH MORE PROOF DO YA NEED!?

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah. I only cheer for losses when a season is sunk and it means getting a franchise QB in the draft. Under no other circumstances would I ever cheer for losses. 

Despite wanting McDermott gone I could never cheer against the Bills.   I really wished they had one more win right now because I think they would for sure make it.  No room for error because of the many blown 4th quarter leads

• Agree 1

Only positive I can see in not winning the division is the fact that the Bills won’t get a first place schedule next year.....maybe a year where the Bills don’t have to play KC at KC.

Don’t care about losing to get rid of McD as much as getting the better draft pick.

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

Hard to root for losses, but wouldn't mind them at this point.

Wouldn't mind beating KC and Dallas though

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Don’t care who judges me but anything that gets Sean McDermott fired.

come on folks, if we sneak into the playoffs do you really feel confident that this clown will lead us to a Super Bowl?

We will go on the road to Baltimore and he will kick field goal down 16 with 5:00 to go and in the press conference say “we have to be better.”

Zero, say it with me, ZERO chance to win a Super Bowl with Sean McDermott as HC. 

HOW MUCH MORE PROOF DO YA NEED!?

And that is the issue with the Bills.  I cheer them to win every week. I don't hate McD, didn't know him when hired, and judged him on his week to week performance.  He's not good.  He has held back Allen in my opinion and he now has decided to put blame on everyone else but himself. After the Denver game all he did was praise his defense, which again lost the game. He is the head coach if the offensive coordinator isn't doing his job he should be discussing this week in and week out with him and deciding what to do to make it better. Funny thing is I think what he was doing was undermining him with this complimentary football crap.

He is 100% responsible for 3 to 4 losses this year and an all likelihood the team will not make the playoffs but if they sneak in at 10-7, guess what, he's back.

Why did it take until the Eagles game to have Josh running again?

Let's just look at this year.  Losses to the Jets in OT.  Mac Jones beating them with a TD drive.  12 men after calling 2 timeouts and knowing it was a FG attempt.  500 yards allowed vs. Jax.....

There is no winning with him.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Special K said:

Only positive I can see in not winning the division is the fact that the Bills won’t get a first place schedule next year.....maybe a year where the Bills don’t have to play KC at KC.

Don’t care about losing to get rid of McD as much as getting the better draft pick.

Home

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

AFC West TBD

Away

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Los Angeles Rams

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Jets

AFC North TBD

NFC North TBD

Seattle Seahawks

Here is your Buffalo Bills 2024 schedule.

If they lose to KC, just mail it in, you aren’t getting in the playoffs, it’s also proof you can’t  beat the best (in their own version of a down year)so just plan for the draft.  That said, regardless of what makes sense, they will play to win for the rest of the year and put themselves 2 or 3 draft slots away from the guy they really want/need for the 50th time.  Or even better, trade the slot that takes potentially the GOAT at their respective positions for the 3rd time in 7 years.

25 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Home

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

AFC West TBD

Away

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Los Angeles Rams

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Jets

AFC North TBD

NFC North TBD

Seattle Seahawks

So, the difference between a 1st place schedule and 2nd (if everything stays the same as of now) would be:

Instead of the Chiefs coming to Buffalo, it would be Denver

Instead of going to Baltimore next year we would go to Pittsburgh

Instead of going back to Philadelphia next year we would go to Dallas 

Not sure it's that much better/easier a road.

28 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Home

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers

AFC West TBD

Away

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Los Angeles Rams

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Jets

AFC North TBD

NFC North TBD

Seattle Seahawks

Those AFC South games have no feel. Just my opinion, it's the most "blah" division in football.

Regarding the original post....never, ever root for losses. The NFL draft is an inexact science where ALL 32 teams pretty much botch most of their picks, and hit on a few. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

So, the difference between a 1st place schedule and 2nd (if everything stays the same as of now) would be:

Agree. We will have to wait and see how the rest of the season plays out. Right now, it's looking very good that we get the 2nd place schedule. I don't see the Jets or Pats catching us and I doubt we catch the Fins unfortunately.

• Agree 1

I want this coach fired as much as anyone but I want ti make the playoffs. Maybe it’s because I already know we are t making it that makes this easy for me. The season is over. It’s like asking about something that just isn’t even a possibility so if you tell me they can get in…I want it. I just know with this defense we have no shot against KC

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

NFC north not the NFC east. So Miami wins division next year they get chiefs, ravens and lions. Bills likely get broncos, Steelers and Vikings? To me looking wayyyy ahead that’s pretty significant. Of course will see after free agency, draft and always who’s injured. Sure wish the bills had the bengals now  on schedule compared to when they played 

1 hour ago, BillsFooteball said:

NFC north not the NFC east. So Miami wins division next year they get chiefs, ravens and lions. Bills likely get broncos, Steelers and Vikings? To me looking wayyyy ahead that’s pretty significant. Of course will see after free agency, draft and always who’s injured. Sure wish the bills had the bengals now  on schedule compared to when they played 

Good catch, thank you!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.