Any TBD members at the game yesterday?

Another Fan

Well 1st for anyone that was my condolences.  I mean at least I was in my bedroom watching the end of that game unfold versus out in the rain among Eagles fans. 

I'm curious if Eagles fans really come as bad as advertised at the Linc to opposing fans.  I mean you figure Buffalo is about as neutral an opponent for the Birds as they come.  

Years ago I went to the Vet to see the  Bills and Eagles in a preseason.  We were at summer camp at Fort Dix and went into Philly to see the Bills.  The fans then were really a rough group, the ticket line was a scrum, no line at all.  But my Army buddies and I were well equipped to get tickets in that setting as we  could move the crowd.  So, Philly was like Pittsburg back in the day in my experience.   (saw Bobby Chandler and Harold Carmichel that night)

I was there. Sitting amongst season ticket holders. Yes,everything you've heard about Philly fans is true. Absolutely disgusting and vile. I was screamed obscenities all game.Guys behind me had raincoats on and kept holding them out to funnel rain on my head. Was told Josh Allen was a N@zi,etc. etc. Just foul behavior. My second game there this year. Will never go back

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I was there. Sitting amongst season ticket holders. Yes,everything you've heard about Philly fans is true. Absolutely disgusting and vile. I was screamed obscenities all game.Guys behind me had raincoats on and kept holding them out to funnel rain on my head. Was told Josh Allen was a N@zi,etc. etc. Just foul behavior. My second game there this year. Will never go back

😵💫 Seriously???  Wtf?

10 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

It’s tragic. I mentioned a story in a thread with similar experiences. Pretty sad people feel the need to act like that to anyone who, in the bigger picture, shares a common interest. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

It’s tragic. I mentioned a story in a thread with similar experiences. Pretty sad people feel the need to act like that to anyone who, in the bigger picture, shares a common interest. 

I tried to laugh it off for the most part. I finally had enough and had to go inside just before the tying fg. God,it didn't get any better,but at least it was dry

• Haha (+1) 1

there is video of a little kid walking up to a bills fan to give him a high five. the guy smiles and offers his hand. the little kid flips him off before anything else and laughs at him, clearly set up by his parents. if the guy would have cussed the kid or merely ignored him he would have been pummeled. it's sad you can't bully people anymore. too many people need it.

all i can say is if any little kid walked up to me to do anything like that i'd give him the most colorful list of expletives ya'll know i am capable of giving until he cried.

• Like (+1) 1

I was at the game and it seemed like 1 of only 3 bills fans in the entire section. I had on a home Allen jersey and a Bills hat. My sidekick had on an Allen color rush jersey and a Bills winter hat. No problems at all. A few boos walking into the stadium and in the stands and that was it. Some light heckling back and forth.

Honestly, it felt no different from buffalo as far as fan interaction.

5 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

I was at the game and it seemed like 1 of only 3 bills fans in the entire section. I had on a home Allen jersey and a Bills hat. My sidekick had on an Allen color rush jersey and a Bills winter hat. No problems at all. A few boos walking into the stadium and in the stands and that was it. Some light heckling back and forth.

Honestly, it felt no different from buffalo as far as fan interaction.

Other teams fans routinely talk about how rough it is to watch a game at Rich. We just don't realize it because it's our fans.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

there is video of a little kid walking up to a bills fan to give him a high five. the guy smiles and offers his hand. the little kid flips him off before anything else and laughs at him, clearly set up by his parents. if the guy would have cussed the kid or merely ignored him he would have been pummeled. it's sad you can't bully people anymore. too many people need it.

all i can say is if any little kid walked up to me to do anything like that i'd give him the most colorful list of expletives ya'll know i am capable of giving until he cried.

Nah, I wouldn't have cussed. Would have just said, "Good one, buddy. Almost as good as the trick your parents play on you about Santa Clause being real every year, ya dumbass".

Ok, maybe a little curse at the end.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I was at the game. 

Most of the people around us were fine. Guy in front of me went to high five me after a Ohilly score and I just pointed to my hat and he said, oh sorry. 

A guy behind me tapped me in the shoulder and asked me to take a picture of him and his buddies and handed me his phone. So really pretty normal. 

then there was a guy in Eagles gear a couple seats over who was standing the whole time. The Eagles fans behind him started threatening him  and he finally sat down. 

There were a few guys throwing insults about the Bulls and Buffalo in general, but nothing too bad. 

I was really surprised to hear all the boos directed at the Eagles. Who have the best record in the league. Just an irritable bunch I guess.

We were partially under an overhang and had rain gear and ponchos, so not too bad. But then I got soaked walking and waiting 45 min for the subway. That was actually the worst part. 

18 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Well 1st for anyone that was my condolences.  I mean at least I was in my bedroom watching the end of that game unfold versus out in the rain among Eagles fans. 

I'm curious if Eagles fans really come as bad as advertised at the Linc to opposing fans.  I mean you figure Buffalo is about as neutral an opponent for the Birds as they come.  

I had a ticket but didn’t go because of the environment. The guys that I work with were all there though and the stories are wild. They were spit on, cursed at, etc… One guy said to my buddy, “I’m going to shoot you in the face and the f%<$ your mom.”

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I had a ticket but didn’t go because of the environment. The guys that I work with were all there though and the stories are wild. They were spit on, cursed at, etc… One guy said to my buddy, “I’m going to shoot you in the face and the f%<$ your mom.”

And you wonder why Donaghy Hoculi was afraid to make the right call on AJ Brown's game ending, Bills win, catch and fumble.

I wanted to go to this game for my group's annual road trip but it didn't work out with other people's schedules.  I've always wanted to see the Philly experience in person to see if it lives up to the hype or not.  I feel like right now I am still "young" enough to deal with the BS but by the time we play there again in 8 years or whatever it is I'll just be at that stage in life where I won't even want to bother.  

12 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I wanted to go to this game for my group's annual road trip but it didn't work out with other people's schedules.  I've always wanted to see the Philly experience in person to see if it lives up to the hype or not.  I feel like right now I am still "young" enough to deal with the BS but by the time we play there again in 8 years or whatever it is I'll just be at that stage in life where I won't even want to bother.  

Ditto.  Hence starting this thread to get some feedback.  

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I would not recommend being the first person to pee in their sinks. That could end badly. 

I just texted a buddy who sent me a pic pre-game to see how the experience went. 

EDIT: He said usual idiots, and he is just angry at EVERYTHING!!! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, boyst said:

At first glance if I were that Bills fan I'd have just grinned and shook my head. Dont give him the satisfaction. SERIOUSLY?

Internally I'd have wanted to slap the taste out of his mouth. Not that I would ever lay hands on anyone really. Great job parents. Teaching your kids to be an ******* from an early age.

*limp   clap***

If my kid even THOUGHT of being so disrespectful to a stranger I'd a grabbed his ear and we'd have a TALK  me using the voice of God. REAL parents know which voice that is

🙂

29 minutes ago, muppy said:

At first glance if I were that Bills fan I'd have just grinned and shook my head. Dont give him the satisfaction. SERIOUSLY?

Internally I'd have wanted to slap the taste out of his mouth. Not that I would ever lay hands on anyone really. Great job parents. Teaching your kids to be an ******* from an early age.

*limp   clap***

If my kid even THOUGHT of being so disrespectful to a stranger I'd a grabbed his ear and we'd have a TALK  me using the voice of God. REAL parents know which voice that is

🙂

Something a little like this happened to me at work years back.  A higher up VP or something like that brought her son to work.  

He proceeds to shake my hand and he had one of those buzzer things that zap me.  I kind of smirked at the time but just thought you little brat under my breathe. 😠

Sometime last year the company cut out her role or something like that.  Due to that incident I felt no remorse 

I'm a Western NY native who has lived in Philly the past several years. I've also been to the last two games the Bills visited down here, including Sunday's debacle. The only bad experience from my perspective either time I've seen the Bills play here was the team's product on the field. 

The thing you have to understand about Philly is that it's actually got a lot in common with WNY. It's a hard-working, blue collar city with a distinct regional identify that is often misunderstood and maligned by outsiders that know nothing about it except what they've heard. In reality, it's a criminally underrated city with amazing history, food and culture. In my experience it's a city full of down to earth people who happen to be diehard fans supporting their city's sports teams. 

Philly fans get a bad rap based on stories from decades ago, but to be honest I've seen and heard of worse at OBD in recent years lol. This Sunday I got plenty of good-natured heckling from Eagles fans, and sure, also had a few "birds" flipped my way, but I gave it right back and they loved it. Some of them sitting nearby and walking around the concourse were actually pretty hilarious.

Someone else said that the Bills are a neutral opponent for Philly, and that's true. We're about as neutral as they come for a visiting team here. In fact, I wear my Bills gear around town almost daily and almost always get positive reactions or genuine questions about the team. To be fair though, I'm not sure I'd roll up to the Linc in Dallas gear...they absolutely HATE the Cowboys here. Maybe even more than we hate New England, if that's possible.

Anyway, this post wasn't meant to slobber all over Philly and it's fans, which like anywhere else has it's problems and bad apples. Just wanted to provide some balance and perspective from a diehard Bills fan in the heart of Eagles country.

Edited by Kincaid Kool-Aid
grammar
  • Like (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

I'm a Western NY native who has lived in Philly the past several years. I've also been to the last two games the Bills visited down here, including Sunday's debacle. The only bad experience from my perspective either time I've seen the Bills play here was the team's product on the field. 

The thing you have to understand about Philly is that it's actually got a lot in common with WNY. It's a hard-working, blue collar city with a distinct regional identify that is often misunderstood and maligned by outsiders that know nothing about it except what they've heard. In reality, it's a criminally underrated city with amazing history, food and culture. In my experience it's a city full of down to earth people who happen to be diehard fans supporting their city's sports teams. 

Philly fans get a bad rap based on stories from decades ago, but to be honest I've seen and heard of worse at OBD in recent years lol. This Sunday I got plenty of good-natured heckling from Eagles fans, and sure, also had a few "birds" flipped my way, but I gave it right back and they loved it. Some of them sitting nearby and walking around the concourse were actually pretty hilarious.

Someone else said that the Bills are a neutral opponent for Philly, and that's true. We're about as neutral as they come for a visiting team here. In fact, I wear my Bills gear around town almost daily and almost always get positive reactions or genuine questions about the team. To be fair though, I'm not sure I'd roll up to the Linc in Dallas gear...they absolutely HATE the Cowboys here. Maybe even more than we hate New England, if that's possible.

Anyway, this post wasn't meant to slobber all over Philly and it's fans, which like anywhere else has it's problems and bad apples. Just wanted to provide some balance and perspective from a diehard Bills fan in the heart of Eagles country

The teams product on the field? Really? Sportsmanship,decency matter not? This is not a decades ago ordeal. We're talking 48 hours lmfao. Keep drinking your kool aid. Tastes like piss to me dude

9 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

I have a brand new appreciation for people who hate all that is Philly.  They're right up there with chowds.

57 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

The teams product on the field? Really? Sportsmanship,decency matter not? This is not a decades ago ordeal. We're talking 48 hours lmfao. Keep drinking your kool aid. Tastes like piss to me dude

Singling out Philly fans as more boorish swamp creatures than other fanbases, even, dare I say some of our own (e.g., remember when last year's Miami game had to be paused due to fans throwing iceballs at the Miami bench?), has become a narrative that's become a bit too easy (even lazy?) to perpetuate. An analogy that comes to mind for Bills fans is when we hear certain national media personalities who always find a way to criticize Josh no matter how well he plays or how high up the stats leaderboard he is. To some analysts, he'll always be trash who can't hit the broad side of a barn. Pisses us off when we hear it, right?

if you're going into a situation looking to have your preconceived assumptions confirmed, Philly is a really easy place to do it based on reputation alone. Like I said, there are always some bad apples in every fanbase, and unfortunately it sounds like you met some who fit the stereotype. If so, I'm truly sorry to hear that. I just wanted to share a different perspective based on my experience and try to push back on the broader narrative that all Philly fans are bad.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

Anyway, this post wasn't meant to slobber all over Philly and it's fans, which like anywhere else has it's problems and bad apples. Just wanted to provide some balance and perspective from a diehard Bills fan in the heart of Eagles country.

As I get older I find in general towns or places with a more sort of "grimy/sketchy" image aren't bad places at all if you put away your preconceived notions 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

It was going to be my and my brother in laws annual game (3 of them live near Philly so we do a home Eagles game every year) but being Thanksgiving weekend, we couldn't make it work.  Now having seen the weather, I'm glad we did not do it.  They did tell me they'd protect me, since I'm the only Bills fan in the bunch, but knowing how some of them get when the drinks are flowing, I could not trust that promise. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Just Jack said:

It was going to be my and my brother in laws annual game (3 of them live near Philly so we do a home Eagles game every year) but being Thanksgiving weekend, we couldn't make it work.  Now having seen the weather, I'm glad we did not do it.  They did tell me they'd protect me, since I'm the only Bills fan in the bunch, but knowing how some of them get when the drinks are flowing, I could not trust that promise. 

Thanksgiving was the deal breaker for our group as well because the group just did the two previous Thanksgiving games(I didn't go to Detroit) and nobody wanted to travel Thanksgiving weekend 3 years in a row which I get but I was still pretty pissed about how the timing of all of it went down lol.  I had some serious FOMO all weekend leading up to the game seeing everybody's Cheesesteak pics etc. on Twitter and then I was really bummed after how good of a game it started out as for the Bills but....then...after that debacle of an ending it made me feel a little better about not making the trip LOL 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.