Chance of Playoffs now, according to NYT simulator

Ray Stonada

1 hour ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Those terrible losses to the Jets and Patriots are going to cost us the playoffs. 

Probably, but it's more than that though. This team is a mediocre team this year. The injuries have definitely hurt the defense, but the offense just didn't perform/execute way too often. And NO, it wasn’t all Dorsey's fault.

There's always next year. 😉

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

Just now, JohnnyBuffalo said:

Well the last 5 games are meaningful as of now and the Bills MUST make a go of it.   I feel as fans we are overdue for something special!   

Yeah, as down as it has looked, we are only 1 game out of the playoffs right now. 

That's great news.

Beat the Chiefs and it's game-on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

45 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The worst decision starting this season was allowing Dorsey to continue calling plays.  McDermott pulled another Peterman by sticking with him.  

Agree. It would have taken real leadership to fire Dorsey in the offseason, since the late-season problems could be (and were) tied to so many other factors. Plus, the offense put together a good year statistically. Still, a great coach would have seen the root of the issues and made the move.

Of course, if McDermott had that kind of perspicacity and courage, he wouldn't have hired Dorsey in the first place.

• Like (+1) 1

Idk why y’all feel that it’s so far fetched this team makes the playoffs

every single in the hunt and playoff team could lose the remainder of their schedules

luckily for the colts today - titans ar horrible.

in fact the only one worth a thought is Houston - they are peaking at the right time 

3 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Playoffs start today. Bills have to win out. The season has been a disappointment up to this point.  But watching all these other teams play today, I’m glad I still get to see Allen play 5 more games. 

What?  They do not

they can “afford” to lose one more that is it though.

7 minutes ago, finn said:

Agree. It would have taken real leadership to fire Dorsey in the offseason, since the late-season problems could be (and were) tied to so many other factors. Plus, the offense put together a good year statistically. Still, a great coach would have seen the root of the issues and made the move.

Of course, if McDermott had that kind of perspicacity and courage, he wouldn't have hired Dorsey in the first place.

All it would have taken is a HC with intelligence,  incite and stones. But as we've experienced over the last several years, Sean is not that guy.  He's the guy who needs time outs late in order to "think about" what he wants to do.  What's the point of having a guy turn a team around if he can't sustain it's growth.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Drew21PA said:

Idk why y’all feel that it’s so far fetched this team makes the playoffs

every single in the hunt and playoff team could lose the remainder of their schedules

luckily for the colts today - titans ar horrible.

in fact the only one worth a thought is Houston - they are peaking at the right time 

Even the Texans, who are the best of the bunch that we’re chasing, just lost their best WR for the season. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Even the Texans, who are the best of the bunch that we’re chasing, just lost their best WR for the season. 

End of the day - sadly it’s going to come down to ONE PERSON that can get us to the olayoffs

mcdsrmott because I’d bet Josh Allen gets us in a position every ingle game to win it - if not will have them win.

guarantee that.  It’s going to be McDermott 

2 minutes ago, Success said:

It's gonna break my heart if we don't make it - because there really isn't a top team this year.  We could go on a run.

The Niners are the closest thing, and they would be tough.  But no one in the AFC.

If the Bills win out, they will make the playoffs.  If they lose another game, they very likely will not. It would take a ton of help for them to make it in at 10-7. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

If the Bills win out, they will make the playoffs.  If they lose another game, they very likely will not. It would take a ton of help for them to make it in at 10-7. 

No you’re wrong but hey ok…do you watch other teams?  Any of these teams can lose at any turn…it’s fascinating actually 

8 minutes ago, Success said:

It's gonna break my heart if we don't make it - because there really isn't a top team this year.  We could go on a run.

The Niners are the closest thing, and they would be tough.  But no one in the AFC.

We make it look out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

It doesn’t seem too wild to me to run the table:

@ Chiefs (off a bye)

vs. Dallas (home)

Pats (come on)

Chargers (scored 6 pts today)

Dolphins (we did it before!)

Take care of the chiefs out of the bye and I will be roped right back in like the sucker I am 

I’ve got a scenario where we could still be the 1 seed.  But it’s way too complicated and there’s a better chance to hit the lotto, so I won’t even try to explain it….yet 😎

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.