Per Benjamin Allbright, McDermott's "seat is warm"

HappyDays

6 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

While I agree with you, there are enough scared people who say, “it can get worse”, if they miss the playoffs my answer is, “no it can’t”. 

It can't get much worse than missing the playoffs with this roster

Coaching is holding this team back and it's never been more apparent 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I’m not opposed to firing McD. I’m just worried more about Pegula replacing him with someone better

Lots of Bills fans are that way.  Not the appropriate way to approach the issue.

If he has to go, you dump him and move forward the best you can.

Most of this sort of fear among Bills fans is present simply because most of our HCs in franchise history have been garbage, which is not relevant now at all.

Doesn't mean McD can't be replaced with someone better.

Here's an idea: Keep Beane and let HIM decide his HC...I trust Beane a hell of a lot more than Pegula.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Lots of Bills fans are that way.  Not the appropriate way to approach the issue.

Most of this sort of fear among Bills fans is present simply because most of our HCs in franchise history have been garbage, which is not relevant now at all.

Here's an idea: Keep Beane and let HIM decide his HC...I trust Beane a hell of a lot more than Pegula.

I’m not saying we should keep McD out of some fear we won’t find someone better. 

If we fire McD I’d like to also fire Beane. He’s responsible for this mess too. 

24 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I’m not opposed to firing McD. I’m just worried more about Pegula replacing him with someone better

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Im not afraid of ditching anyone. Can you read?

Sorry, but that post was definitely a scared to let McD go post

That poster is right. Some of you are just like this cowardly coach

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

I’m not saying we should keep McD out of some fear we won’t find someone better. 

I think Beane has put a good roster together though.

I think their point differential this year somewhat reflects that.

Does he have misses? Sure like all GMs.

But when you constantly find inexplicable ways to lose, I put that way more on the coach than the GM

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yep, I just hope Pegula can separate the two. Beane is an above average GM, I would love to see him work with a bright offensive minded coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If Pegula fires McD, I believe he'll keep Beane who would lead the search for a new HC.  I don't think Beane gets fired.  Jmo 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Smartest thing to do IS to make the move in-season.

See if Joe Brady can rally the troops. It's a free half season to look at him. Name him Interim HC

Then you can actively start recruiting coaching candidates.

Would be an even worse move. We fires Dorsey already. And you want the guy who started as QB coach to be elevated to what? HC/OC/QB coach? 

They will not make a move like this in season but if they did there is one guy (that I can think of offhand) on the coaching staff that has any kind of NFL HC experience and that's Aaron Kromer.

Just now, ChrisWatson#21 said:

What’s his record in OT games?  They mentioned something in the broadcast that they haven’t won OT games I think that’s what I heard.

Allen is 0-6. McD is 1-6 with the one win coming against the Colts in 2017 (the snow game). Honestly it's a miracle we won that game after McD punted on 4th and 1 from the Colts 41 with 4 minutes left in OT. 

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

No.

Beane has yet to be able to hire a Head Coach. I’ve never heard of a GM getting canned when he has ‘t even had an opportunity to hire his own guy.

26 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

My only fear with Pegula firing McDermott is if he goes too far and fires Beane with him. We don't need a whole front office change. Just a head coaching change

I would say they don't even need changes to the offensive or defensive schemes or position coaches (except for special teams). They just need different leadership. And a better defensive coordinator. How many games now has McDermott's defense lost on the final drive? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.