Irsay On 2014 Arrest - Happened Because He's A White Billionaire

H2o

Again: most of these teams are owned by family offices, which, if you’ve ever worked with them, you know how dysfunctional they are.  Basically they’re inbred businesses.  Totally backwards-thinking, reactionary, clueless, unaccountable.  The type of business that puts out a slideshow with “preserve our lifestyle” as a stated goal, with a picture of a yacht.  They’re all bad - it’s just a matter of degree.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, H2o said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38957988/jim-irsay-cites-status-white-billionaire-2014-arrest

He might be the next sports owner semi-forced out. If anything, it's the other way around. Billionaires get away with murder compared to the average Joe like you or me. It couldn't be the fact that he was wasted, nooooooo. Pretty much everything that comes out of this guy's mouth is tone deaf or ridiculous. I can't believe he's made it this long. 

So was it because he is a white billionaire? I mean do the lucky minority billionaires not feel this kind of billionaire profiling!? Lol

This guy is the definition of living on daddies money!

28 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Again: most of these teams are owned by family offices, which, if you’ve ever worked with them, you know how dysfunctional they are.  Basically they’re inbred businesses.  Totally backwards-thinking, reactionary, clueless, unaccountable.  The type of business that puts out a slideshow with “preserve our lifestyle” as a stated goal, with a picture of a yacht.  They’re all bad - it’s just a matter of degree.

Obviously sweeping generalizations are never 100% true, but this post is pretty accurate from my own experience. On a much smaller scale, I’ve been in a similar scenario and it was a complicated situation (talking about being in a “family business /office” not being a billionaire!) 

Not trying to be an apologist for rich A holes, but I do believe that malice or substance abuse isn’t always the root cause of the disfunction. Sometimes plain old stupidity & ignorance go to battle in a steel cage match. 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

I don't think you should mix God with anything even resembling hate.  I personally pity privileged people as they have disadvantages due to their wealth. 

Fair enough. Probably shouldn't have invoked that word, even if it was just for emphasis. My point still stands otherwise 👍

• Like (+1) 1

Real Sports showed the video, the dude couldn't even stand up without the cops holding him up, let alone drive a vehicle safely. 

I wont know what to think until Kim Kardashian, surrounded by her cook, personal assistant, nanny, gardener, driver, pilot, stylist, and masseuse weighs in on work ethic.

Edited by billsfan714
add

29 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Real Sports showed the video, the dude couldn't even stand up without the cops holding him up, let alone drive a vehicle safely. 

I remember seeing that video when it first happened. I was thinking, "Sheesh, this guy is almost comatose behind the wheel." For him to say it happened due to white billionaire oppression is idiotic on a whole new level. 

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

I remember seeing that video when it first happened. I was thinking, "Sheesh, this guy is almost comatose behind the wheel." For him to say it happened due to white billionaire oppression is idiotic on a whole new level. 

Never underestimate the ability of a white billionaire to play the 'oppressed white billionaire' card. 🤨

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

I wont know what to think until Kim Kardashian, surrounded by her cook, personal assistant, nanny, gardener, driver, pilot, stylist, and masseuse weighs in on work ethic.

I

Well According to irsay he had just had hip surgery so that would be a valid reason that he had difficulties in walking as well as passing the sobriety  tests.  It is clear that he should not have been driving in that state.  

Why not hire a chaffuer to drive him around after he had his surgery  likely could have got a far more comfortable ride as to coddle his recuperating hip.

Edited by AuntieEm

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.