TNF: Carolina at Chicago

chongli

6 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

Someone made a post couple weeks ago asking do you watch football if bills are not on. Tonight is a challenge like no other. 2 NFC teams that mean nothing to bills and arguably the  2 worse teams in football. Brutal but I’ll be tuned in until the end

My only motivation was to watch Tremaine miss tackles.  Oh well, another time....

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

But what is it supposed to do in that situation? It’s alway about half to a full second before the snap. Is it some kind of silent count thing? I don’t remember seeing it throughout my years watching football but now it seems every team does it. 

I'd have to say it's just to let the line know, hey we're going.  If you actually watch it close as the game progresses, sometimes they will  start to use it almost like a hard count and not snap it right away.

21 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

But what is it supposed to do in that situation? It’s alway about half to a full second before the snap. Is it some kind of silent count thing? I don’t remember seeing it throughout my years watching football but now it seems every team does it. 

It's to signal to the center to snap the ball when the QB is in shotgun during a silent count.  Normally if the QB is under center he would tap the center to indicate the snap.  

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Wow disrespect to these teams bringing Jason Kelce on the broadcast. This has the feel of a preseason match up. I know they aren’t world beaters but that’s dirty 

He was on the pregame as well.  You wonder why they bring an Eagles player to a Panthers/Bears game.  Is he auditioning for a post NFL career?

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

He was on the pregame as well.  You wonder why they bring an Eagles player to a Panthers/Bears game.  Is he auditioning for a post NFL career?

Probably.

No issue with the pre and post game. Lots of coaches and players moonlight as talking heads in the studio during bye weeks.

Just during the game on the main broadcast, talking about his career plans, the tush push, etc….

Just bugs me they are acknowledging the talent on the field isn’t getting the attention they want so they try and fluff it up….weak imo 

Bryce Young looks like a 17 year old trying to play NFL QB.  I’m sure he will get better and he has some talent.  But man, in hindsight it’s hard to believe they didn’t take Richardson or Stroud, just based on prototype size and potential.

3 minutes ago, Process said:

It's so hard to imagine Young ever becoming anything but a gigantic bust. 

He looks atrocious. Sure he's a rookie. But he shows zero signs of potential. Nothing. 

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Bryce Young looks like a 17 year old trying to play NFL QB.  I’m sure he will get better and he has some talent.  But man, in hindsight it’s hard to believe they didn’t take Richardson or Stroud, just based on prototype size and potential.

5 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Young isn’t just NFL QB short. He’s legit just short, huh? 

I don’t see any difference between him and Bagent 

6 minutes ago, Process said:

It's so hard to imagine Young ever becoming anything but a gigantic bust. 

He looks atrocious. Sure he's a rookie. But he shows zero signs of potential. Nothing. 

And Richardson and Stroud have both showed a lot. Sucks to be Carolina. Sometimes it’s better to be picking 3rd in these cases. At least then they could blame it on how the board fell. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

At least the staff is rolling Bagent around.  That’s good scheming for him.

That’s interesting.  Cole Kmet 6’6” 260, takes the snap from center and does the tush push on 3rd and 1.  Smart. 

Edited by zow2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.