Harbaugh to Bills (Would it work?)

M. Wrotto

McDermotts seat should be warm....unless he runs the table, the question of do we keep him or move on should be one TPegs is having.....

so what do we do?

Like him or not, I think I have to get on the Harbaugh or bust Train.

A proven coach and leader is probably what this team needs...

Edited by TBBills Fan
fixed for the grammer nzais
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 5
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

He and his brother are basically scumbags.  Not really sure he is a guy you want to bring in.

personally I would never hire either him or his brother.

if they were to however Buffalo would run the hell out of the ball and Kincaid would have huge numbers.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

McDermotts seat should be warm....unless he runs the table, the question of do we keep him or move on should be one TPegs is having.....

so what do we do?

Like him or not, I think I have to get on the Harbough or bust Train.

At least get the F@#$ing name right

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• TBBills Fan changed the title to Harbaugh or bust?
3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

He and his brother are basically scumbags.  Not really sure he is a guy you want to bring in.

if they were to however Buffalo would run the hell out of the ball and Kincaid would have huge numbers.

Why is John?

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why is John?

Uhh...he watched a video of his star running back beat up his gf, knock her out actually in an elevator.....and was totally cool with it.

only after the video was released were they morally outraged.   I have never understood how he kept his job and why he is not hated.

Just now, TBBills Fan said:

oh god fixed for you a holes

You start a thread with no substance at all.  A thread which could easily be a single forgettable post in the 20 other threads discussing a coaching change and you can't even be bothered to get the guy's ***** name right?  And you want to be taken seriously too? Grow the ***** up!

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

You start a thread with no substance at all.  A thread which could easily be a single forgettable post in the 20 other threads discussing a coaching change and you can't even be bothered to get the guy's ***** name right?  And you want to be taken seriously too? Grow the ***** up!

its a message board

Calm down cheese whiz

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, McBean said:

Would be a grand slam hire.

Proven winner every where he’s been. Took Colin flippin Kaepernick to the Super Bowl. Made Alex smith good.

Whoever would be opposed to this is insane.

kind of what I was thinking....in terms of proven talent out there, he is also just about all there is.....

Having Allen would be appealing if he does come back to the NFL....

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Harbaugh? Why on earth would he leave his dream job where he'll have a ticket for life to work for the Bills where he'll be on a short leash from day 1.

He might not have a choice. Isn't he in trouble with the scandals going on at Michigan. He has been suspended for many games this season. That was great win over Ohio State on Saturday.

16 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Harbaugh? Why on earth would he leave his dream job where he'll have a ticket for life to work for the Bills where he'll be on a short leash from day 1.

I’m not sure if you’re being serious or if you live under a rock. He’s currently suspended for the 2nd time this year. There’s a good chance that he won’t survive this scandal. He can go back to the NFL pretty easily (Chicago is my guess). 

I hate the guy but understand the appeal. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

C'mon man....

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

That's the problem in Buffalo..we have valued the nice guy with high character qualities while we watch the scumbags hoist Lombardis every season...give me a scumbag if it gets us a lombardi

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, I'm Spartacus said:

C'mon man....

Minimum expectations, man.....  Go to twitter if you want to lob lazy idiocies into the void.  Its what its designed for.  There are minimum expectations for starting new threads and those that fall short of that very low bar should be criticized.  

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Minimum expectations, man.....  Go to twitter if you want to lob lazy idiocies into the void.  Its what its designed for.  There are minimum expectations for starting new threads and those that fall short of that very low bar should be criticized.  

WHO HURT YOU?

What did they do?

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

As Boy George said, "Do you really want to hurt me?"

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not sure if you’re being serious or if you live under a rock. He’s currently suspended for the 2nd time this year. There’s a good chance that he won’t survive this scandal. He can go back to the NFL pretty easily (Chicago is my guess). 

I hate the guy but understand the appeal. 

Not at all. The university and his coaches are behind him and he'll be competing for a National Championship soon.

13 minutes ago, Gregg said:

He might not have a choice. Isn't he in trouble with the scandals going on at Michigan. He has been suspended for many games this season. That was great win over Ohio State on Saturday.

30 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

so what do we do?

Like him or not, I think I have to get on the Harbaugh or bust Train.

No thanks. Both in the specific suggestion and the overreaction of replacing a very good HC.

I am all for the continuity of our front office and coaching staff. I would like a dedicated DC if a good one is available, but losing Milano, Tre, Jones, Von, and having Josh get a slump and Dorsey justifiably being replaced, I think we should make a push for the playoffs after the bye anyway, but think changing coaching staffs would disrupt our current winning window. This season has been a disappointment, but sometimes it doesn't go your way. We are in the midst of the second best performance window in Bills history, with a team and a coach that over a multiyear period play great football and win), and the best teams do not fire winning coaches to get better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

Just now, Koufax said:

No thanks. Both in the specific suggestion and the overreaction of replacing a very good HC.

I am all for the continuity of our front office and coaching staff. I would like a dedicated DC if a good one is available, but losing Milano, Tre, Jones, Von, and having Josh get a slump and Dorsey justifiably being replaced, I think we should make a push for the playoffs after the bye anyway, but think changing coaching staffs would disrupt our current winning window. This season has been a disappointment, but sometimes it doesn't go your way. We are in the midst of the second best performance window in Bills history, with a team and a coach that over a multiyear period play great football and win), and the best teams do not fire winning coaches to get better.

If we cant get someone that is a near certainty to be an upgrade, I think this is the move

3 minutes ago, Koufax said:

I get where you're coming from, but it's going to be hard to see an experienced DC bringing his own scheme to this team and McD giving him the reigns to implement it. And frankly if we're just promoting someone from within, that's the same as keeping McD's scheme which has some serious late-game deficiencies regardless of who is and isn't injured. 

Honest question, but what does McDermott bring to the table as a head coach that you like so much you're willing to rule out replacing him? Aside from the allure of continuity from an organization standpoint? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I wouldn't make that comparison. Meyer failed miserably in the NFL. Harbaugh took the 49ers to the Super Bowl. He has proven he can coach at the NFL level.

You're correct. Harbaugh's never won a championship at any level, ever (unlike Meyer). Now maybe this year will be different. 

Point is No Harbaugh, his schtick won't work in Buffalo.

6 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

I dont think they are alike.  HarbAugh turned SF around...so I think thats a apples and oranges comparison

Never got over the hump. Never won a championship in College or pros. 2-7 in bowl games. Just another McD who can turn a program around make them contenders but can't finish the job. No thanks.

2 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

I get where you're coming from, but it's going to be hard to see an experienced DC bringing his own scheme to this team and McD giving him the reigns to implement it. And frankly if we're just promoting someone from within, that's the same as keeping McD's scheme which has some serious late-game deficiencies regardless of who is and isn't injured. 

Honest question, but what does McDermott bring to the table as a head coach that you like so much you're willing to rule out replacing him? Aside from the allure of continuity from an organization standpoint? 

I happen to like him as a personality, and his level headed intensity and commitment to and success at playing good football.

What I like most is a .624 winning percentage and four straight playoff appearances, and five in six years.

I do not like having a HC with coordinator duties on either side of the ball.  We all know Bellichick is involved heavily in the defense, sometimes without a true DC and it works, but I don't love McD in that role.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I'm not even advocating for Jim but I could not care less. Sick of winning the Best Mamas Boys contest yearly. If a guy is a scumbag and most qualified at the same time, sign me up. That candidate will be employed in the league anyways

34 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Jim Harbaugh will be the next head coach of the Los Vegas Raiders. Just seems like a Mark Davis type of move.

David doesn't have the capital 

• Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.