Bills @ Benglas Game Thread - 1st half

Simon

Just now, Aimee75 said:

This game is making me sad, but our prospects for the future is making me sadder. This is an old and beat up team going nowhere. I don't see how we get into the playoffs this year, with the AFC being a gauntlet. I think the whole AFC North might get in. I don't see us winning the division, and the future looks even more bleak. We cannot even play close with Cincy, they just blow us out and have our number, and Beane did nothing in the off season to address that. 

Josh is now stuck on a team rapidly going downhill. I am heartbroken for Diggs, because he knows his time is running out. Just sad.

I love josh. But I’d almost trade him and get a boatload of picks. Draft a QB and Marvin Harrison jr next year

• Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Aimee75 said:

This game is making me sad, but our prospects for the future is making me sadder. This is an old and beat up team going nowhere. I don't see how we get into the playoffs this year, with the AFC being a gauntlet. I think the whole AFC North might get in. I don't see us winning the division, and the future looks even more bleak. We cannot even play close with Cincy, they just blow us out and have our number, and Beane did nothing in the off season to address that. 

Josh is now stuck on a team rapidly going downhill. I am heartbroken for Diggs, because he knows his time is running out. Just sad.

Dolphins can’t beat a decent team either, if that makes you feel any better

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Tempo gone.

No motion.

Running the ball twice.

Allen playing like a space cadet again. 

The Bengals aren’t doing anything amazing, but our offense puts up a measly 7 minutes TOP. 

if they called the tripping, the clock stops and I imagine they score there.  it was a huge moment in the game and it got an important player injured.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

The grounding call was terrible. But it's a hell of a lot worse when that is the best you can do on a 3rd and 6 call when points are in range... How can Gabe and Josh not be on the same page there? And how can we be settling for a SUPER low conversion percentage play like that anyway on 3rd down? How is that even possible?

I've so had it with this team having massive lapses in concentration. There is no way a team with this much talent should ever have to settle for what we just witnessed. And that is squarely on McDermott. I've been one of the holdouts on him... But that was an embarrassing coaching effort and it seems as if he cannot get these guys up consistently anymore. The Bengals are not THIS good. If they were they would be up by 28 now...

Running a curl/comeback isn’t low percentage. 

That will be one to see what was going on there. And what was available across the field. 

I’m tempted to think that Josh thought “1 on 1 on the outside, take the shot”. And Gabe thought “take the high percentage play, get the first and stop the clock by going OOB”. I think both are right, that decision is based in the offense; which I don’t think any of us have even a sliver of an idea of what to do there situationally. 

3 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Josh is a front runner. I love him but he is. He doesn’t play well coming from behind and now we are going to be completely one dimensional. It’s not looking good for us

Literally leads the league in fourth quarter comebacks during his career. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.