Bills sign DT Linval Joseph---Elam to IR

Process

1 hour ago, gjv said:

Why didn't we sign Joseph the week after the Jacksonville game?

Beane did say they've been talking to his agent for the last three weeks.  And he didn't say this, but I think they wanted to wait to see if anything else came free before the trade deadline.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Thursday signing of him makes me wonder if we were in on Leonard Williams or another DT.   

I'm sure we at least had a discussion on Leonard Williams. Beane and Schoen are tight and Williams went for a lot for a guy who only has this season left on his contract. Imagine that was because there was competition for his services. Whether or not that was us and what we were offering if anything, who knows. But I guarantee you Schoen and Beane at least talked about it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It's weird to speculate - but the injuries on D just MAY make us a better team for a SB run later in the season.

That's provided that Milano or Jones or both return for the playoffs.  If that happens, and injuries going forward aren't too impactful - this team could be deep and scary once January comes around.

A pretty big if, but it's possible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

The OP mentioned Elam to IR. So I will ask here since the other Elam thread is receiving next to no traction.

1. When was Elam injured?

2. did that hamper his play this season  in your opinion, Or does he simply suck.

3. Can a player be added to the IR and NOT be injured?

**stirring the pot** @JakeFrommStateFarm

1) It was mentioned that he had "tweaked" his ankle earlier in the season, but he's been on the injury report the previous 2 weeks

2) No information on this point

3) No.  But since mid-season, most players are dealing with some kind of ding or tweak, almost any player can be added to IR with a genuine injury. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Imagine he’s not exactly cardio football shape! but putting a non moving cement wall in the middle with others Edge is a nice Beane workaround. McClappy is no genius but he won’t put the dude into coverage like Wrex!

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

No time on PS to get back in shape and learn playbook?

Play book and cardio:

”stand there and don’t let the little brown thing past you at goal line”

tush push…mmmm… not on his belly

Edited by Since1981

53 minutes ago, Success said:

It's weird to speculate - but the injuries on D just MAY make us a better team for a SB run later in the season.

That's provided that Milano or Jones or both return for the playoffs.  If that happens, and injuries going forward aren't too impactful - this team could be deep and scary once January comes around.

A pretty big if, but it's possible.

I was thinking the same thing.  Just need to take care of business before the new guys get fully up to speed

• Like (+1) 2

DaQuan Jones approves this message

9 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Hey he was pretty solid player wonder why he went unsigned probably just his age as he did play a lot for the eagles down the stretch last year 

From what I gather, teams have been making him offers, he didn't bite.

My opinion, he knows he doesn't have a full season in him, and it worked for him last year to sit home and wait until a contender came calling in November.

Hopefully it will work for him again.

PS he was signed by the Eagles on Nov 16, and started Nov 20 against Indy.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

DaQuan Jones approves this message

From what I gather, teams have been making him offers, he didn't bite.

My opinion, he knows he doesn't have a full season in him, and it worked for him last year to sit home and wait until a contender came calling in November.

Hopefully it will work for him again.

PS he was signed by the Eagles on Nov 16, and started Nov 20 against Indy.

Damn, he must really hate Elam!

• Haha (+1) 15

5 hours ago, par73 said:

Bills could have had him in the 2010 draft, but jumped on Torell Troup instead.

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Thanks for reminding us.  Ahh the drought. A littany of bad draft after bad draft.

It probably wouldn't have mattered because the Bills would have never re-signed him after his rookie contract ... the Bills under Russ Brandon and his minions never kept the really good players that they drafted. 

Edited by SoTier

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.