Bills sign DT Linval Joseph---Elam to IR

Process

I love all the negative posters coming in here and craping on this signing without doing any research when we have been discussing this all day. For those new to this discussion, Joseph came in "off the couch" last year for Philadelphia and played really well. He's extending his career by waiting for contending teams to have a need at his position and coming in and playing a half-season. There are a bunch of guys doing that. Last year, when the Eagles did this with Joseph and Suh everyone here said that Roseman was a genius. Now, when Beane does it, it's desperation. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

I love all the negative posters coming in here and craping on this signing without doing any research when we have been discussing this all day. For those new to this discussion, Joseph came in "off the couch" last year for Philadelphia and played really well. He's extending his career by waiting for contending teams to have a need at his position and coming in and playing a half-season. There are a bunch of guys doing that. Last year, when the Eagles did this with Joseph and Suh everyone here said that Roseman was a genius. Now, when Beane does it, it's desperation. 

There is no universe where this was a bad signing haha 

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

For a team that had "No money" Beane did well.

Rasul Douglas

Leonard Fournette

Linval Joseph

Seeing Beane pressing so hard to replace from the outside instead of letting "next man up" dwindle the season is refreshing. Wonder if there's more pressure behind the scenes to win now than in years past?

I still have to think there is a move or 2 left to make.  LB and an offensive weapon maybe?

13 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I agree with all of this but would also point out that trying to enlighten miserable, whiny stooges is probably a waste of your time and energy, because no matter what you do or say, they are still going to be miserable, whiny stooges. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Hey I prematurely shot my mouth off about our new DB. I studied him and found he was a dang good signing that may eventually play safety for us for awhile sometime down the road

14 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I still have to think there is a move or 2 left to make.  LB and an offensive weapon maybe?

Now I think you're just being greedy,😂.

Beane has made moves to replace 2 out of the 3 lost stars on defense. Made a move to replace Harris (and maybe be a bigger chess piece). He's done well. At some point you need to say...ok this is what we got...go win.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

On LB, I think we have what we have.  I think the Bills feel the strategy of platooning Dodson and Poyer as a "dime" backer will get them through.  They may also have hopes that Williams will continue to improve.

Offensive weapon, we picked up Fournette.  He had 523 receiving yards and 73 receptions on 83 targets last season, of which 563 were YAC (nope not a typo)

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

He ready for Sunday night ?!?!?

I know , right !

he and Douglas . maybe some Fournette -ings drizzled in  

Beanes makes loving fun

Loving the Bills I mean !

21 minutes ago, Simon said:

I agree with all of this but would also point out that trying to enlighten miserable, whiny stooges is probably a waste of your time and energy, because no matter what you do or say, they are still going to be miserable, whiny stooges. :thumbsup:

Again , calling me out 🤣

very stoked over here about these very worthwhile signings

and 

Fire Dorsey !! 

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Hey I prematurely shot my mouth off about our new DB. I studied him and found he was a dang good signing that may eventually play safety for us for awhile sometime down the road

No need to apologize,  happens a lot around here..🤣

Welcome aboard!😉

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

No need to apologize,  happens a lot around here..🤣

Welcome aboard!😉

I was one as well.

But i was focused on the Bears Kid in my defense.

Seems like a very very nice fit for McDs  scheme.  

Edit for clarification

I feel Douglas is a very good fit for Bills defense 👍

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.