Washington interested in trading for Belichick in the off season.

PatsFanNH

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm the belief up here is Kraft MADE HIM select Jones since he was there at 15 that year..  No proof but all the talking heads up here believe that’s probably the case. (Just an FYI)

That said this story says the new owner of the Washington wants BB. As someone else said BB would have to approve it, but Inwoukd traded him for a 2nd and a 3rd in a heartbeat and start over with Mayo. 

Would bb play nice with a gm? I feel like he’d rather retire than have someone bossing him

around.  Unless Washington wants to give him both roles 

I was actually hoping he would go to the Chargers that way he has his "QB" and then when he still fails as head coach, all the belichick d*ck riders can finally admit, his success was because of Brady. Of course they would probably still be in denial and just make the excuse that "the game has passed him by" by that point

why would Bill agree to be traded?

I get why NE would prefer that. They get to control where he goes, do the whole "we don't want you but we also don't want you to succeed somewhere that might hurt us" dance. 

If any coach has earned the right to either stay or decide his next landing spot it's Belichick. 

That said, maybe he wants to go to Washington for some reason and the Patriots are happy to help make that happen, so they sign him to a massive contract to ensure he is taken care of if it doesn't go well there. I assume the contract comes with him if there is a trade. 

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I only put this on here because I know some here wanted BB for the Bills if possible. It sounds like he will be available for a trade. Per bleacher report they are going to offer one of their 2nds and 3rds for him. I would jump at that offer if I was Kraft. (If it’s true of course)

It's not. The source is florio

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

why would Bill agree to be traded?

I get why NE would prefer that. They get to control where he goes, do the whole "we don't want you but we also don't want you to succeed somewhere that might hurt us" dance. 

If any coach has earned the right to either stay or decide his next landing spot it's Belichick. 

That said, maybe he wants to go to Washington for some reason and the Patriots are happy to help make that happen, so they sign him to a massive contract to ensure he is taken care of if it doesn't go well there. I assume the contract comes with him if there is a trade. 

Yes the contract goes with him, and there is precedent for trading a coach. The Pats traded technically to get him from the Jets and Denver paid the Saints for Sean P. Contract. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I only put this on here because I know some here wanted BB for the Bills if possible. It sounds like he will be available for a trade. Per bleacher report they are going to offer one of their 2nds and 3rds for him. I would jump at that offer if I was Kraft. (If it’s true of course)

First off what Bills fan would want BB as their HC I for one have never seen or read a true Bills fan that would want him here . Second i don't think that BB will ever be a HC for another team the Pats will be his last stop given his history with the organization i feel he will call his own shot to when he calls it a career .

Sure there may be teams that would offer picks for him but he has final say .

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

When you go from the GOAT to Mac Jones what do you expect Bill to do. That is too much of a decline at the most important position in football. I know it won't happen but if Bill were coaching the Bills, he would instantly become the GOAT HC again. I wonder why that would be. Cough, cough 17,17,17 cough, cough.

He is the GM. It is his own fault that his team sucks and he has Mac Jones at QB. He hand selected Jones.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

How hard can it be to win in the NFCE? Hint….When the Eagles line up in that scrum they’re going to push Jalen Hurts for a first down. 😉

Almost like a 'tell' in poker.  When you see Bills at third and one in the shotgun, Dorsey's running the RB. 🙄😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 hour ago, T master said:

First off what Bills fan would want BB as their HC I for one have never seen or read a true Bills fan that would want him here . Second i don't think that BB will ever be a HC for another team the Pats will be his last stop given his history with the organization i feel he will call his own shot to when he calls it a career .

Sure there may be teams that would offer picks for him but he has final say .

He definitely has final say. I think his dream team is the Giants. He absolutely loves that organization. Also see this thread I think one said he wins SB with 17 17.. lol. IMO he needs to retire his drive isn’t there anymore and who can blame him at 71! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Only if he replaces Beane as GM too. We need to draft more small school guards in the 1st round.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

What do you think you could get in return to trade me to Seattle or Cleveland?

Players only meeting revealed you might just be allowed to walk.  Sorry, kid.  Free agency in the team message board game is a bit dodgy. 
😁😉

Don't feel bad.  There's a rumour that I am being farmed out to a Hamilton Tigercats forum, and  being assigned to Assistant Manager Duke Williams' crew at the Rymal Road Canadian Tire. 😕

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

6 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I was actually hoping he would go to the Chargers that way he has his "QB" and then when he still fails as head coach, all the belichick d*ck riders can finally admit, his success was because of Brady. Of course they would probably still be in denial and just make the excuse that "the game has passed him by" by that point

Maybe the Beli-CHEAT d*ck riders could have a multi-round elimination with Br* dy d*ck riders.

Of course both sides would cheat using loaded weapons. which would not entirely be bad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.