Eagles trade for All Pro S Kevin Byard

Einstein

25 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Between you rambling about other things and players and creating straw men it’s tough to keep this disagreement from getting bogged down. The bottom line is that the Eagles look like they just got better without giving up much.  It’s worth a tip of the cap IMO.

I never said he wasn't a good player

I said that he's not the difference between winning or losing a super bowl... It's 1 of 52

Good for them ... I also remember an eagles "dream team" that crashed

They have a really talented team, I'm not denying that

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No one will care when they win the SB and play Salary Cap Monopoly $$ in the off season 

Disagree. I’d rather not win the SB. It’s just fun to be competitive!!!

and if the bills did a move for this type of player with the same cap number, we would be beyond ecstatic. The Eagles are trying to win SBs. How could you not respect it?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Easier to do with a lower (not low, no one in NFL is paid low) paid QB.

Howie is taking advantage of the circumstance and pushing his chips into the middle of the table…. Which is the right thing to do with an excellent- but aging - Oline and Dline talent. Kelce, Johnson, Fletcher Cox, and Graham will all most likely be retired after a year or two. They’re all in for the next two seasons. Then if Hurts proves he can’t elevate young talent they’ll probably move on like they did with Wentz. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's trading for a 30-year-old safety with a 14 million cap hit next.. if they don't keep them it's two pics and a player for a rental

It's not a genius move, despite being a good player

The eagles are going to be in cap Hell in 1-2 seasons.. and willl have nothing around hurts

His 2024 salary is unguaranteed so Byard is owed nothing by the Eagles after this season...........surprised you don't know this.

Costs them  like $2M total to get him.

If you think that move is going to help put them "in cap Hell in 1-2 seasons" you must REALLY hate all the work Brandon Beane has done in the past 2 offseasons. :lol:

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

His 2024 salary is unguaranteed so Byard is owed nothing by the Eagles after this season...........surprised you don't know this.

If you think that move is going to help put them "in cap Hell in 1-2 seasons" you must REALLY hate all the work Brandon Beane has done in the past 2 offseasons. :lol:

Von Miller, Dawson Knox 🤑  imagine what we could have with that cap money

22 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So the eagles got a one-year rental... While giving up a safety who started 77 games in his career and two draft picks

For a position that's not that big of a game changer... They got a better player but I don't think they stole him for a 1 year rental

Sure they got a good player but they were capable of winning the super bowl with or without this trade... And they can also not win it

This won't even move the odds a half a point with bookmakers...

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Eyeroll 1

43 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

So the eagles got a one-year rental... While giving up a safety who started 77 games in his career and two draft picks

For a position that's not that big of a game changer... They got a better player but I don't think they stole him for a 1 year rental

Sure they got a good player but they were capable of winning the super bowl with or without this trade... And they can also not win it

This won't even move the odds a half a point with bookmakers...

Do you have any idea how good Byard is?

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Do you have any idea how good Byard is?

Yes he is really good ..

He isn't Sean Taylor and again safeties dont move the needle 

Look at the eagles super bowl odds 3 days ago and look now after the trade... Vegas won't move the needle an inch because at the end of the day a safety is not making the difference... 

We've seen plenty of our own great players have off days... It's going to take 46 players on super bowl Sunday to win

People here are acting like they just got Sean Taylor in his prime... He's a good player he's not an all-time great

Edited by Buffalo716

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

By far the best GM in the NFL.

And he never hesitates to trade lottery tickets (draft capital) for proven players (AJ Brown, Byard, Demeco Ryans, etc)

Exactly, draft picks are overrated and beane hasnt been great with them anyway. He does better free agency.

6 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I get everyone's anger, but as much as we need to upgrade the safeties in the offseason, it is not an immediate need. The Bills need to trade for a DT in the worst way. 

Bring in Suh

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes he is really good ..

I’m not sure what you’re even arguing at this point?

That the Eagles shouldn’t have traded for a top tier safety because they have to pay him average safety money?? 

Or they shouldn’t have upgraded a position because it doesn’t make them instant Super Bowl favorites??

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’m not sure what you’re even arguing at this point?

That the Eagles shouldn’t have traded for a top tier safety because they have to pay him average safety money?? 

I'm a Bills fan who goes on this board and reads half of the people here pissing about our own team... Pissing on our players our coaches and GM

Trashing signing von Miller... Trashing this trashing that

Then half those same people who trash the bills come here and talk about how much they love the 49ers and the eagles and how they wish we could be run like them

Then become a fan of that team

Literally Bills fans are so toxic they prop up other people's teams and put down their own on their team's message board

It's Bills suck everyday here... Especially after a loss

If anybody doesn't like how the bills are ran and they just give you that much grief... And you like the eagles that much better well just go and route for them... Nobody is forcing anybody to be Bills fans

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's trading for a 30-year-old safety with a 14 million cap hit next.. if they don't keep them it's two pics and a player for a rental

It's not a genius move, despite being a good player

The eagles are going to be in cap Hell in 1-2 seasons.. and willl have nothing around hurts

winning the Superbowl is all that matters and they have been to two and won one since Beane has been here .

I rather win and reload than not win at all.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

winning the Superbowl is all that matters and they have been to two and won one since Beane has been here .

I rather win and reload than not win at all.

I understand that but nothing says they're guaranteed to win another lol

The bills, have moved up multiple times in the first round to get guys they wanted...

Gave Hall of Fame von Miller a contract to come here and help us win in the playoffs 

Beefed up our line with DaQuan Jones... Drafted AJ... Bernard, ed Oliver ... Signed 2 safeties in FA in Hyde and Poyer who became all pros ... 

We literally had zero all pros on defense when McDermott and beane came....

Milano and Tre , Poyer and hyde , von Miller ... Leonard Floyd is a probowler ... We got guys like Christian benford in the sixth round

We have added so much talent to this roster over 6 years... Going from 17 years of no playoffs to what people consider one of the deepest rosters in the NFL

The eagles and niners didn't get as many players poached off the waiver wire as we did 

People complain about 13 seconds as the year we screwed up and should have won it... We were 7-6 after 13 games and people's heads were rolling here

Only for people to think that was our best chance

We still have tons of talent and the NFL will be vastly different in January

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I understand that but nothing says they're guaranteed to win another lol

The bills, have moved up multiple times in the first round to get guys they wanted...

Gave Hall of Fame von Miller a contract to come here and help us win in the playoffs 

Beefed up our line with DaQuan Jones... Drafted AJ... Bernard, ed Oliver ... Signed 2 safeties in FA in Hyde and Poyer who became all pros ... 

We literally had zero all pros on defense when McDermott and beane came....

Milano and Tre , Poyer and hyde , von Miller ... Leonard Floyd is a probowler ... We got guys like Christian benford in the sixth round

We have added so much talent to this roster over 6 years... Going from 17 years of no playoffs to what people consider one of the deepest rosters in the NFL

The eagles and niners didn't get as many players poached off the waiver wire as we did 

People complain about 13 seconds as the year we screwed up and should have won it... We were 7-6 after 13 games and people's heads were rolling here

Only for people to think that was our best chance

We still have tons of talent and the NFL will be vastly different in January

Trading up and drafting is Beane 's biggest weakness. He can build a solid roster but drafting is not been good.

I dont even think about 13 seconds , all that matters is winning this year.

Cant sacrifice the present for the future.

50 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Trading up and drafting is Beane 's biggest weakness. He can build a solid roster but drafting is not been good.

I dont even think about 13 seconds , all that matters is winning this year.

Cant sacrifice the present for the future.

If you think beans drafting has not been good you should look at 24 other teams around the league

Any analytical way you could look at it he's one of the best drafters over the last 6 years

He has drafted good players at a myriad of positions and rounds

Rousseau was great at 30... AJ round 2... Bernard round 3.. Taron Johnson Rd 4... Wyatt teller round 5, benford round 6, Dane Jackson round 7...  He's literally ran the gauntlet of rounds getting good football players

Not to mention Josh Allen obviously... Kincaid looks real good... 

Harrison Phillips round 3... Siran Neal  round five

Tyler bass, even singletary and Zach Moss has talent.. Moss is leading the AFC in rushing

Gabe Davis round 4 is solid also

His worst draft looks like the 2021 draft... And he still got 2 players that start for us in Rousseau and Spencer Brown... Brown certainly hasn't played great but he's the most athletic right tackle in the league... Once it clicks he probably will be really good

And in 22 he still got cook Bernard Shakir and benford... Rd 2-3-5-6.. there's going to be some players there

He certainly has missed but we've been drafting consistently late... Miss out on Blue Chip prospects... And he is still hitting on early and late picks 

Edited by Buffalo716

16 hours ago, Einstein said:

The rich get richer.

That's only because the rich actually try to get richer ... I don't understand how we always go to the practice squad to cover up all pro positions...

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

If you think beans drafting has not been good you should look at 24 other teams around the league

Any analytical way you could look at it he's one of the best drafters over the last 6 years

He has drafted good players at a myriad of positions and rounds

Rousseau was great at 30... AJ round 2... Bernard round 3.. Taron Johnson Rd 4... Wyatt teller round 5, benford round 6, Dane Jackson round 7...  He's literally ran the gauntlet of rounds getting good football players

Not to mention Josh Allen obviously... Kincaid looks real good... 

Harrison Phillips round 3... Siran Neal  round five

Tyler bass, even singletary and Zach Moss has talent.. Moss is leading the AFC in rushing

Gabe Davis round 4 is solid also

His worst draft looks like the 2021 draft... And he still got 2 players that start for us in Rousseau and Spencer Brown... Brown certainly hasn't played great but he's the most athletic right tackle in the league... Once it clicks he probably will be really good

And in 22 he still got cook Bernard Shakir and benford... Rd 2-3-5-6.. there's going to be some players there

He certainly has missed but we've been drafting consistently late... Miss out on Blue Chip prospects... And he is still hitting on early and late picks 

Yet none of this has gotten us anywhere... it's how you respond when an allpro goes down ,you DO NOT replace that with a practice squad player my guy you have to always get better

16 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Beane wouldn’t trade a 5th round pick for a rental. It’ll ruin our future ability to compete for 3rd place in the AFC.

He needs those picks so he can trade up in the draft for a player that he’s overrated 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.