With the 32nd pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select:

Kaenon

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

WR Rome Odunze is a way too early name to look at. He's got Gabe's size but might be a more complete WR.

Jokeman, have you checked out Jermaine Burton? He really improved this season. I think that he is averaging 22 yards per reception right now, this without a great quarterback. He doesn't have Tyreek Hill/Waddle speed but he has excellent moves and consistently gets open.

I heard that in previous seasons he might have been a bit of a head case but now (as a senior) he supposedly bought in. I think that he would make a great #2 receiver for Josh. Let me know what you think! :) 

On 10/22/2023 at 10:19 PM, Mark Vader said:

Have not seen him play. Is he first round worthy?

Did somebody say “worthy”? 😉

My current (early) mentality about the draft is I would love to see the Bills finally upgrade Gabe Davis’ spot on the team, as his contract will be up…

I’m looking for a guy who can not only turn on the after burner, but has the juke route running of Diggs, and great hands to go along with it…weapons, weapons, weapons…👍

Maybe a 2nd round DT, 3rd round safety? Who knows…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/27/2023 at 6:53 AM, JaCrispy said:

My current (early) mentality about the draft is I would love to see the Bills finally upgrade Gabe Davis’ spot on the team, as his contract will be up…

I’m looking for a guy who can not only turn on the after burner, but has the juke route running of Diggs, and great hands to go along with it…weapons, weapons, weapons…👍

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Xavier-Worthy-WR-Texas

Does this guy really run in the 4.2s?? Would bring us back some of the John Brown/Emmanuel Sanders field stretching. Looks like he has some quality sauce on punt returns too, could add that plus the bring back the jet sweep element to the offense. Only 20 years old too, that bodes really well for receivers. 

Why does he seem to be late first sometimes early second in most mocks? Hands issues? Limited route tree? Or just his slighter frame in a class stacked with height/weight/speed freaks?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m an FSU guy and glad we had Coleman but I feel he’s being overrated. He doesn’t really separate from DBs in College and he dropped a good amount of 50/50 balls for being a bigger WR. He is def talented but in this very deep WR class I could see him dropping to mid 2nd round area. 

• Agree 1

On 1/18/2024 at 10:32 PM, gonzo1105 said:

I’m an FSU guy and glad we had Coleman but I feel he’s being overrated. He doesn’t really separate from DBs in College and he dropped a good amount of 50/50 balls for being a bigger WR. He is def talented but in this very deep WR class I could see him dropping to mid 2nd round area. 

I’m pretty sure Coleman is near the best in the class in terms of drop %. Having said that, his contested catch % is pretty poor so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a case where passes aren’t being categorized as drops due to how contested they are. 

On 10/27/2023 at 7:53 AM, JaCrispy said:

He is very fast, but super skinny.  He needs to add 10 pounds to reach under-weight status.

On 1/1/2024 at 8:41 PM, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Xavier-Worthy-WR-Texas

Does this guy really run in the 4.2s?? Would bring us back some of the John Brown/Emmanuel Sanders field stretching. Looks like he has some quality sauce on punt returns too, could add that plus the bring back the jet sweep element to the offense. Only 20 years old too, that bodes really well for receivers. 

Why does he seem to be late first sometimes early second in most mocks? Hands issues? Limited route tree? Or just his slighter frame in a class stacked with height/weight/speed freaks?

He only weighs about 165.  That’s the concern.

On 1/19/2024 at 3:32 AM, gonzo1105 said:

Yea I think in a weaker WR class he would be late day 1. But in this class? I think the guys who could blow up the combine: Legette, Thomas and Franklin are gonna overtake him. 

I still wouldn't be opposed to the Bills picking him but I think he is more a guy you take if you have trade back outta the first.... or maybe with the 32nd pick :)

I can't remember a draft where you might have 7 legit outside receivers with #1 receiver type potential in the top 40 or so on the board. It is like the opposite of last year where everyone was a slot or a gadget or a move receiver. Nabers is a move guy but the rest of the top of this group are true outside the numbers, vertical, traditional #1 types. 

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I think in a weaker WR class he would be late day 1. But in this class? I think the guys who could blow up the combine: Legette, Thomas and Franklin are gonna overtake him. 

I still wouldn't be opposed to the Bills picking him but I think he is more a guy you take if you have trade back outta the first.... or maybe with the 32nd pick :)

I can't remember a draft where you might have 7 legit outside receivers with #1 receiver type potential in the top 40 or so on the board. It is like the opposite of last year where everyone was a slot or a gadget or a move receiver. Nabers is a move guy but the rest of the top of this group are true outside the numbers, vertical, traditional #1 types. 

It’s getting to be draft prospect discussion time - I love reading your takes on the prospects!

Thanks in advance!

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

It’s getting to be draft prospect discussion time - I love reading your takes on the prospects!

Thanks in advance!

I am a bit behind this year but I made a proper start last week. I dunno maybe subconsciously I expected to be onto the draft by today.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am a bit behind this year but I made a proper start last week. I dunno maybe subconsciously I expected to be onto the draft by today.

We would have been happy to put off such discussions, but I was satisfied that the team dug out of the hole at 6-6 and won a playoff game.  I think key injuries on the D really gave them less than their best chance against KC and no team can control injuries.  I thought they did a commendable job staying the course with those injuries.

• Agree 1

On 1/21/2024 at 6:24 PM, GunnerBill said:

I hope you are correct in this matter. 

Bills need two receivers from the draft imho. And one of them must be a day one starter to replace Davis and or usurp Diggs over time (soon).

Choose well McBeanes. this is critical to move the team forward !

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.