How was the crowd last night for those that went?

Another Fan

It seemed per TV it got loud certain times in the 4th quarter but not like 2007 Dallas loud per say.  

Also, what was the mood of the fans leaving?  To me watching on TV in my bedroom 400 miles away I felt like most fans on the forum do today…. Almost like the Bills lost.  But I imagine being in person is a totally different feel 

I don’t know why people feel like it was a loss? They were a playoff team last year also. I know they have some injuries and have been playing worse this year. But they were obviously fired up to play for their coach. They have some very good players who get paid too. This is not college ball. It was an ugly win but a win is a win, a loss would have derailed our season. 
as for the crowd, I know for me there wasn’t much to cheer for. I just wanted them to pull out the win and re group and come back stronger next time. The fans were getting loud for the defensive snaps.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, 4th&long said:

I don’t know why people feel like it was a loss? They were a playoff team last year also. I know they have some injuries and have been playing worse this year. But they were obviously fired up to play for their coach. They have some very good players who get paid too. This is not college ball. It was an ugly win but a win is a win, a loss would have derailed our season. 
as for the crowd, I know for me there wasn’t much to cheer for. I just wanted them to pull out the win and re group and come back stronger next time. The fans were getting loud for the defensive snaps.

1) We were a 15 pt favorite, that is about as big as it gets.

2) Giants weren't that good last year, somewhat of a fluke for them to be in the playoffs.

3) The game was boring, full of penalties, missed field goals, drops.  

4) One of the most uninspired wins this Bills have had in the Allen Era.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Seemed really quiet on TV. But then again, we were being shutout by the Tyrod led Giants into the 4th Quarter. Not much to cheer about. I heard one section cheering: "Fire Dorsey..he's a horsey...Fire Dorsey...he's a horsey". So sad.

Another section had a Giants fan calling out our plays. Perfect every time. So it became a comedy in that section.

Then, on the way out, Bills fans were chanting: "We got lucky, wholly %ucky".

worst 4-2 team in the league.

Jets are 3-3 with a real D.

We need a new OC!

3 minutes ago, Gary Marangi said:

People from work I talked said basically same thing boring game. Was told by one alot of people left early. Was easy getting out of lots after

Yeah Sunday night games arent a good idea, imo.  Bills fans drink too much and by the time the game rolls around are half drunk and are asleep by the end.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

For the first time in my memory people in our area did not high five after the first Bills touchdown.  I'm sure many of us were questioning booking Monday off work and tailgating in the cold rain only to watch that ****show of an offensive effort, the second crap offensive effort this season.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

Seemed really quiet on TV. But then again, we were being shutout by the Tyrod led Giants into the 4th Quarter. Not much to cheer about. I heard one section cheering: "Fire Dorsey..he's a horsey...Fire Dorsey...he's a horsey". So sad.

Another section had a Giants fan calling out our plays. Perfect every time. So it became a comedy in that section.

We need a new OC!

Are we? Only the 49ers have a higher point differential. 

• Like (+1) 1

Crows was loud, but not energetic.  Upper deck on the Bills side people are usually standing and cheering when the Bills are on defense.  Most of my section and the ones to my sides were sitting.

Crowd not into the game towards half time.  We actually left at half, son and newly minted wife worked today.

That was the first home game I have missed in probably 7 years and I could not have picked a better one to choose. Between Sunday night, the weather, and the opponent, I just had a bad feeling overall. Something told me this was going to be one of those games and it was going to be decided late in the game. For those who went, thank goodness they ended up winning. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

2) Giants weren't that good last year, somewhat of a fluke for them to be in the playoffs.

Too bad Vegas doesn’t play the games themselves 

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah, I was wondering that myself.  I couldn't tell if the crowd just wasn't into it or the broadcast turned the crowd mic down.  The game was pretty boring until towards the end and it was a long morning/day/night so I can see why the crowd was pretty tame. 

mic may have been turned down because the train horn was very faint. Also, bills fans don’t have to get drunk all day now, we have a winning team. I guess the riff raff will always find a way in, even if it’s $300 a ticket 

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Tickets were dirt cheap the couple of days before the game. Wasn't too much hype around this one. 

Attendance was 70, 515

Couldn't have been that many available... 

It was also a game where the bills didn't score for three quarters... Easy to take your crowd out 

Also the bills crowds for night games haven't been as electric as the day games because people get wasted and tired by kickoff

It's easier to keep the juice for a 1 PM game than an 830 game... Especially when fans are partying at the same time for both 

This is the exact kind of game we need the fans to be extra loud for. We are not above the occasional slogging NFL game, nobody is. You can't pout and sit on your hands because we aren't blowing a team out. You have to help seal the deal!

Edited by arcane

6 minutes ago, arcane said:

This is the exact kind of game we need the fans to be extra loud for. We are not above the occasional slogging NFL game, nobody is. You can't pout and sit on your hands because we aren't blowing a team out. You have to help seal the deal!

Bills fans are passionate... Not illogical

There's been plenty of games over 63 years where the Bills fans mercilessly boo their team... 

You need to give fans something to cheer for at the end of the day... 70,000 people will not stay amped up all night... When it's the third quarter and your offense hasn't even kicked a field goal

And they still were making noise on third down 

But I've seen Bills fans boo their own team plenty of times

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, 4th&long said:

They were a playoff team last season like we were a playoff team in 2017.  

Easy schedule, new coaches that had the advantage of the early part of the season with their newness of schemes, etc.  

Then a late season skid that went into the following season.  

In short, they benefitted from circumstances last season like we did.  That's the only way a team gets in with a 9-7 or worse record.  Let's also not forget that Cincy game with the pass from Dalton to Boyd to put us in.  Of the five other 9-7 teams that didn't make the playoffs that season we were easily the worst.  Same as last season, the only other team with a winning record in the NFC that didn't make the playoffs, was Detroit, which was arguably a better team than the Giants, especially at the end of the season.  The Giants won only two of their last 8 games whereas Detroit started off 1-6 but finished 8-2.  

Daboll's been 4-11 since a hot start last season.  His offenses are right where they've always been except when he had Allen on fire for two seasons, on or about DFL.  

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

We know this. (Tho I disagree on the giants) None of this makes it feel like a loss, not to me anyway. I’m not near as down today as I usually am when they lose. 

On 10/16/2023 at 12:48 PM, Dillenger4 said:

We need a new OC!

IS that true about a Giants fan calling out our plays and "Perfect" every time?  I call BS.  I find that incredibly hard to believe or is this just another way to dig at Bilsl fans current favorite whipping boy Ken Dorsey.

Just now, Limeaid said:

How many Giants fans were there?  On TV I heard D-FENCE multiple times when out offense was on field.

NY teams always travel to Buffalo well. There are students from downstate at UB and Buff State. Also, once you get east of Rochester, NYS is a hodgepodge of Jets, Giants, and Bills fans. 

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

NY teams always travel to Buffalo well. There are students from downstate at UB and Buff State. Also, once you get east of Rochester, NYS is a hodgepodge of Jets, Giants, and Bills fans. 

Yes - despite their complaints of lack of things to do locally these students choose to go to State University (get in state tuition) as far from home as possible.

I went to UB and first year I was in a four person room.  Two of roommates were from NYC and Lon G'island and they went to all of the Giants and Jets games.  There used to be a bus from the Quadrangle.  One person I knew as a Bills fan took the bus and never repeated it.  Never asked how they got a bus but there were no buses going to other Bills games.

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes - despite their complaints of lack of things to do locally these students choose to go to State University (get in state tuition) as far from home as possible.

I went to UB and first year I was in a four person room.  Two of roommates were from NYC and Lon G'island and they went to all of the Giants and Jets games.  There used to be a bus from the Quadrangle.  One person I knew as a Bills fan took the bus and never repeated it.  Never asked how they got a bus but there were no buses going to other Bills games.

My mother's roommate in the 60's at Fredonia was from Long Island, and she chose to go there because it was as far away from her mother that she could get and still pay in-state tuition.

18 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

My mother's roommate in the 60's at Fredonia was from Long Island, and she chose to go there because it was as far away from her mother that she could get and still pay in-state tuition.

Many of the students from that area come from wealthy families but the families do not want to spend any more than they need to on college.  I heard a number of them tell me that as soon as they got a degree they have a job lined up in family business.  Never needed to work to help pay for college as long as they went to a state university. Knew one who had a safe in his room and he paid for everything except school tuition with cash. 

6 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

unless they are originally from NJ/NY, people living upstate, central nu, southern tier etc that cheer for jets or giants should be deported to nj!!!

9 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

They make Rangers @ Sabres games annoying as well.

On 10/16/2023 at 5:51 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Crowd loss intensity because the offense was taking the energy out.

On 10/16/2023 at 5:52 PM, Buffalo716 said:

That will take the crowd out of any game 

Yeah I will fully admit this happened to me.  I went from amped and yelling to nervous and worried lol.

I didn't feel like it was a quiet game.  The loudest I've ever heard the stadium was the cowboys mnf debacle.  The quietest was the Browns 6-3 snoozefest. 

This was maybe a little quiet for a primetime game but they aren't as rare as they used to be and this wasn't a great game by the Bills.  There wasn't a lot to cheer for.  It seemed like the giants converted every 3rd down too which in my experience quiets a crowd down quite a bit.

On 10/16/2023 at 5:51 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Crowd loss intensity because the offense was taking the energy out.

The Harris injury also took a lot of the energy out of the crowd.  

23 hours ago, Limeaid said:

How many Giants fans were there?  On TV I heard D-FENCE multiple times when out offense was on field.

There was a good number of Giants fans there.  A group of obnoxious Jersey/NY "ladies" and one of their boyfriends sat behind us.  The first thing they said when they sat down was what a s**thole the stadium is.  They kept saying "I thought Josh Allen was a good quarterback", and cheered when he was taken off the field for observation.  It took a lot of self control not to turn around and tell them to STFU (was with my wife and young adult kids).

Edited by Haslett_Stomp
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.