Pass Interference?

newcam2012

2 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

I had to watch this twice, after Collinsworth mentioned it to notice the jersey grab and then a third and fourth time to actually see and understand the grab limiting his arm usage. I think the refs didnt see it in real time like me because of the white gloves against the white jersey. Bills finally got a call, i'm ok with it!  

Never noticed but do the DBs wear colored gloves to blend with opponents jerseys?

5 hours ago, Westside said:

You’re quite the $@!& stirrer aren’t you?

I mean don't you think this should be discussed? Or should we just ignore it or treat it as no big deal? 

Not trying to stir up any but a conversation about what happened. Looks like the Bills caught a huge break one that could have changed the outcome of the game. 

No one is more happier about the none call than I. 

11 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Never noticed but do the DBs wear colored gloves to blend with opponents jerseys?

Was wondering about this. Not sure what uniform rules say about gloves, but if possible, our DBs would be smart to match gloves to the opponent jersey color. It definitely helped us last night.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

If the scenario were reversed, you'd create a thread or at least make a post saying "the bills should've played better and not let it come down to a ref no call".

Also you would've lambasted McDermott for calling a throw on the 1 yard line when you have Saquon Barkley.

Do you second guess anything? Did you like that shotgun run on 3rd and 1 from the 1 yard line? Come on now let's get realistic. Most fans think they are smarter than they are. That includes me. It's easy to second guess after the fact. However, some things are just unacceptable mistakes or decisions. Refer to 13 seconds as a reference. It's ok to criticize I think...

absolutely.

just like it was on Davis in the first quarter and was missed.

The giants media is incredibly whiney this morning about it which I can understand.  They seemed to give an effort they have not given all year since this was obviously really important to Daboll and Schoen, no matter what they say.  So losing in that fashion is really tough.  

The giants all year to me have had an extremely glass jaw.  They came back against arizona but that was arizona screwing up as much as the giants making plays.  The rest of the year the giants have essentially pouted to the sidelines and just hung their heads every week.  Last night they came in looking for a fight and got one.  

I am pulling for the Giants to play better going forward and win some games particularly the jets game so I hope they bring this street fight mentality the rest of the way.

Edited by MikePJ76
bad comma
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, pocoboy said:

I'll answer your question from the OP - it doesn't matter what we think, no flag, no penalty, no Bills loss, no happiness for NewCam.

Partly true and blatantly false at the same time. Carry on with your personal attacks they don't faze me. 

6 hours ago, pocoboy said:

I'm sure you cheered when the refs ate the flag in the first quarter on the DPI or two. Don't worry, your Dolphins won.

Correction my Bills win and I dropped to me knees in happiness. It was a heart stopper. 

24 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I mean don't you think this should be discussed? Or should we just ignore it or treat it as no big deal? 

Not trying to stir up any but a conversation about what happened. Looks like the Bills caught a huge break one that could have changed the outcome of the game. 

No one is more happier about the none call than I. 

It probably doesn't come down to that play if the refs called the PI against Davis on the first drive. So yeah, no big deal. 

• Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

When possible, yes. They arent going to get teal gloves when we play Miami, but when the opposing team is in white, DBs definitely wear white gloves more. It is a "thing" that they are aware of and do. I forgot which national show was just talking about this exact thing. Maybe McAfee last week?

• Like (+1) 1

Did anyone else notice on the play that the Giants' right tackle got injured, he got hurt because he was trying to trip the Bills defender. He was beat and tried to stretch out his leg to trip the defender and got hurt doing so.

I think Daboll had his team coming in with a win at all cost mentality. Get under the skin of the Bills players, get grabby, trip, whatever. The Giants were already getting chippy (pushing and shoving, etc.) on the first couple drives of the game. Usually that stuff comes later in a game as tensions and plays build up. But they were that way from the first play. And the refs let a lot of stuff go early on.

And then how about the play where three (could have been more) Giants players got personnel fouls for initiating aggressiveness after the whistle. Daboll knows from experience that the Bills haven't done well against teams that get over-aggressive/chippy. But I think we are a different team now. And I'm pretty proud of the guys for standing up for themselves, but not retaliating (keeping their composure). Plus, it seemed to backfire a bit, as a lot of Giants' players went down in the game (outside of Damien, the Giants came out a lot worse in the injury department).

No question, seeing the last play in slo-mo, it was a foul. But the call that happened on the play before should have been an end-of-game scenario no call (as it has been for 95% of games across the history of the NFL). And the fact that NBC and Collinsworth spent the entire "after the game" segment showing that the last play should have been a foul seemed strange to me. Usually the NFL doesn't want announcers calling out the refs like that and had that been the Chiefs, the after segment would have been all about Mahomes' last laser throw through two defenders game-winning TD.

Sure, if I was a Giants fan, I would be pissed off about the last play. But as Bills fans, we have been on the wrong side of things for the majority of our lives (the teams' history) and so many things/calls could have gone differently in that game alone...so, I just can't feel bad about it. 

P.S. If I were a Giants fan, I think I would be more upset at Daboll for the play call. I know they didn't have a lot of success in the run game yesterday, but how do you not just run Saquan from one yard out? Daboll overthought it and paid the price. The refs aren't going to throw two PI calls in a row in an end-of-game scenario. That is a play where you either fool the other team or you don't. Taron wasn't fooled and was on the play. Game over. And how about the end of first half sequence (blame Tyrod all you want...don't give your backup QB a check option if you don't want him to use it...or tell him as you call the play in do not check out of the pass---ultimately that is still on Daboll). And some Bills fans would rather have Daboll back and get rid of McD? If Sean made the gaffes that Daboll did in that game, this board would be roasting him non-stop.

9 minutes ago, folz said:

Did anyone else notice on the play that the Giants' right tackle got injured, he got hurt because he was trying to trip the Bills defender. He was beat and tried to stretch out his leg to trip the defender and got hurt doing so.

I think Daboll had his team coming in with a win at all cost mentality. Get under the skin of the Bills players, get grabby, trip, whatever. The Giants were already getting chippy (pushing and shoving, etc.) on the first couple drives of the game. Usually that stuff comes later in a game as tensions and plays build up. But they were that way from the first play. And the refs let a lot of stuff go early on.

And then how about the play where three (could have been more) Giants players got personnel fouls for initiating aggressiveness after the whistle. Daboll knows from experience that the Bills haven't done well against teams that get over-aggressive/chippy. But I think we are a different team now. And I'm pretty proud of the guys for standing up for themselves, but not retaliating (keeping their composure). Plus, it seemed to backfire a bit, as a lot of Giants' players went down in the game (outside of Damien, the Giants came out a lot worse in the injury department).

No question, seeing the last play in slo-mo, it was a foul. But the call that happened on the play before should have been an end-of-game scenario no call (as it has been for 95% of games across the history of the NFL). And the fact that NBC and Collinsworth spent the entire "after the game" segment showing that the last play should have been a foul seemed strange to me. Usually the NFL doesn't want announcers calling out the refs like that and had that been the Chiefs, the after segment would have been all about Mahomes' last laser throw through two defenders game-winning TD.

Sure, if I was a Giants fan, I would be pissed off about the last play. But as Bills fans, we have been on the wrong side of things for the majority of our lives (the teams' history) and so many things/calls could have gone differently in that game alone...so, I just can't feel bad about it. 

P.S. If I were a Giants fan, I think I would be more upset at Daboll for the play call. I know they didn't have a lot of success in the run game yesterday, but how do you not just run Saquan from one yard out? Daboll overthought it and paid the price. The refs aren't going to throw two PI calls in a row in an end-of-game scenario. That is a play where you either fool the other team or you don't. Taron wasn't fooled and was on the play. Game over. And how about the end of first half sequence (blame Tyrod all you want...don't give your backup QB a check option if you don't want him to use it...or tell him as you call the play in do not check out of the pass---ultimately that is still on Daboll). And some Bills fans would rather have Daboll back and get rid of McD? If Sean made the gaffes that Daboll did in that game, this board would be roasting him non-stop.

Literally had 10 guys in the box on the last play

The running back was almost tackled by our d line which penetrated so fast.. the running back would have lost 2 yards if he ran

The one thing McDermott does do.. is protect his endzone really really well ... He was selling out to not let a run in

11 hours ago, Albanybillsbacker said:

It all evens out.  Earlier in the game the bills WR was tackled and they didn’t get either call.  Actually, it happened twice.  

First of all, I’d agree with OP that the last play of the game was defensive holding or DPI.

But I also agree with Albanybillsbacker… Giants defenders deliberately tripped up Bills receivers on 2 different plays with no call in the first half. 

As usual, the officiating was lackluster. Multi-billion dollar business and plenty of technological advantages with the NFL, and they refuse to address the officiating problems. But personally, I believe that’s how they like it.. 😉

Every one is jawing about the DPI at the end of the game.  I just rewatched it.  Yes Bernard and Taron both held but Waller was pushing off both Bernard and Taron on both plays.  On the former they got the call vs Bernard.  On the latter, they didn't.  So...the Giants had their chances and thankfully they did not prevail.

Seems like the ref (back judge) may not have had the angle to see TJ still grabbing the jersey at the arm pit, but would have seen Waller’s hands on TJ’s face mask and therefor may have not thrown the flag. Not sure which other officials would be in position to make that call.

12 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Looks like PI to me. Can you imagine if a Giant CB did this to a Bill?

Sure looks like the Bills caught a huge break. 

What does everyone think?

Are we going to ignore the receiver also pushed off Johnsons face mask?  Yes, it could have been called.  It could have also been a push off/illegal hands to the face by the receiver.  I also thought the one that was called was pretty tick tacky and they missed two trips on our receivers to start the game.  Officiating is what it is... absolute garbage.

11 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It wasn't... Because these weren't in 2021 when Bills lost to to Bucs down in Tampa in 2021 and had to play on the road in KC during the playoffs that year:

Bills@Bucs_1220211.thumb.jpg.f4dc2494c0f50a2149a027cf96e0c38b.jpg

In the same game you can add in a PI called on us when the receiver actually grabbed our dp and pulled the db into himself.  I forgot the two involved but I remember the play.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Rule 4-8-2

ARTICLE 2. PERIOD EXTENDED. At the election of the opponent, a period may be extended for one untimed down, if any of the following occurs during a down during which time in the period expires:

(h) If a double foul occurs during the last down of either half, the period shall be extended by an untimed down.

Exceptions: The half is not extended if:

(1) both fouls are dead-ball fouls

(2) there is a major-minor double foul (“5 vs. 15”), and the major foul is by the offense, or if the major foul is a dead ball foul by the defense (see 14-5-1-Item 1.)

Note: Dead ball, personal, unsportsmanlike conduct, or taunting fouls by either team at the end of a half are enforced on the ensuing kickoff (14-4-9-Exc. 1).

(3) there is a double foul with a change of possession (“clean hands” rule, see 14-5-2) that does not involve a replay of the down. If a double foul occurs on the last play of the first or third periods, the period is not extended.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.