Suggestions on how to address the Bills sudden offensive struggles?

Simon

I think if Dorsey is more conscientious about not always letting defensive sets dictate to him, that he can call an efficient diversified offense that better suits this team. It feels like he gets in ruts at times and defenders can smell it, which makes things harder on everybody.

Some hard positional coaching from the WR and TE coaches to minimize all the self-inflicted wounds is probably necessary as well.

Thoughts?

Edit: 

Please feel free to take any screaming "Fire Him, Cut Him, light his yard on fire!" takes elsewhere.

I will help you with that if necessary.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think if Dorsey is more conscientious about not always letting defensive sets dictate to him, that he can call an efficient diversified offense that better suits this team.

Some hard positional coaching from the WR and TE coaches to minimize all the self-inflicted wounds is probably necessary as well.

Thoughts?

Honestly think Daboll just knew what he left here at Buffalo and while Dorsey calls his own game, that knowledge proved invaluable to the Giants in preparing to stop the Bills offense.

• Agree 5

If there was ever a game we missed the quick outlet passes it was this game. Kincaid might not be lighting the league on fire, but he does have sure hands and is an extension of the run game. We need Allen to get the ball out earlier and often. Also a screen pass, toss or jet sweep would be nice. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Speaking only of this game…

We run the most amount of play action in the NFL and the Giants called our bluff the entire first half.

The LB’s we’re not biting on the play-action at all (they weren’t even moving). Thats why the running attack was so successful when we finally ran it (when the linebackers aren’t crashing the gaps, you can run nearly at will).

It was a scenario where the Giants were begging us to run the ball but Dorsey didn’t figure it out until the second half.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Beane has to get a WR in here. 

I don't know if Dorsey can use that player, but they're not going to fire Dorsey, so they need another WR. 

We can't keep waiting for Kincaid, waiting for Knox, waiting for Gabe. 

I agree this team doesn’t need just a WR. It needs a top flight WR. Where you’re getting it I have no idea. Davante Adams but he has a large contract and tons of capital. I don’t classify Jeudy as that guy. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

I agree this team doesn’t need just a WR. It needs a top flight WR. Where you’re getting it I have no idea. Davante Adams but he has a large contract and tons of capital. I don’t classify Jeudy as that guy. 

It has to come from the Draft. First Round. 

But we can't just punt on the season, Beane has to do something for this year. 

We need someone that can be a reliable target in the seams and over the middle. A slot WR. 

We spent a lot of money on one TE and drafted another in the first round and I hoped they would be it but so far, no dice.

I’d say make a trade but the Bills seem to have a difficult time incorporating new skill players into their offense so I don’t think that is the answer.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Speaking only of this game…

We run the most amount of play action in the NFL and the Giants called our bluff the entire first half.

The LB’s we’re not biting on the play-action at all (they weren’t even moving). Thats why the running attack was so successful when we finally ran it (when the linebackers aren’t crashing the gaps, you can run nearly at will).

It was a scenario where the Giants were begging us to run the ball but Dorsey didn’t figure it out until the second half.

Agreed. I would like to go back and see some of the all-22, but I am guessing these were super light boxes all game. Could and should have just run it down their throat until they started shifting on D to bringing the safeties down more. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Gabe Davis isn’t it. Just more confirmation of an over discussed topic. Maybe try to use more Sherfield?

I’d rather our current stable than Jeudy, Jeudy sucks. But not opposed to swinging something for another, different body. Hollywood Brown, ok

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Beane has to get a WR in here. 

I don't know if Dorsey can use that player, but they're not going to fire Dorsey, so they need another WR. 

We can't keep waiting for Kincaid, waiting for Knox, waiting for Gabe. 

It won't matter. We trade for a WR, Ken won't use them, and they will end up on special teams, like Nyheim Hines. Just wait for Kenny to get fired, or McD to get told he either fires Ken or they are both gone.

• Agree 3

It's a tale of two half's no?  In the first half the O and Allen struggled a great deal.  In the 2nd half they were surgical.  Three possessions and 2 TD's on two very long drives.  A 3rd possession and we just missed a game sealing completion on a nice call & play.

Again the defense didn't lay as well as the score indicates. No TO's and they allowed the Giants to go on multiple long drives that while not yielding points took a lot of time off the clock and robbed the O of 2 and probably 3 more possessions.

• Agree 5

The passcatchers we have here can’t even do their job because they’ve gotta chip a pass rusher every route lol I don’t think adding another one is gonna be as effective as people think.  

the giants front 7 were absolute animals tonight we need upgrades on the offensive line badly.  I thought we finally figured that out but nope 

it doesn’t even matter what plays are called they break down immediately due to pressure 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Whatever pages he has left from old playbooks using Beas or McKenzie need to be dusted off and at least tried

He needs to put Josh under center. They need to both see the play and be on the same page. 

I dare even say come out of the booth for a game to be on the field with everyone 

• Like (+1) 1

I hate that I'm saying this, but they need to run the ball more. Specifically with Murray.

The Giants were giving them chunks on the ground but the Bills kept passing. Also, the Bills missed a couple of field goals wide right. Something oddly familiar about this game. (Shivers)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.