Will we learn anything the next three weeks?

Billsfan1972

Unless the Bills crash and burn, these next three weeks will tell me very little.

Want to see three blowouts, and that should be the objective, but anything less as long as 3-0, I still won't get too concerned and probably will blame coaching and play calling.

Maybe the two worst offensive teams in the NFL and Baker Mayfield.

What can the Bills do that really will get you excited again?

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Unless the Bills crash and burn, these next three weeks will tell me very little.

Want to see three blowouts, and that should be the objective, but anything less as long as 3-0, I still won't get too concerned and probably will blame coaching and play calling.

Don't undersell the Buccaneers. They aren't a bad football team...and definitely not on par with what the Giants or Patriots are right now. And as far as Baker Mayfield...well his team won the last time he played us. They, at least, have some playmakers on both sides of the ball and can be dangerous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Unfortunately it's hard to frame these next three games in a way where if we've "learned" something from them, that something is a positive about our team. 

I suppose you could say that if we dominate these teams the way we dominated our 3 wins of the season so far, it means McD's scheme really does elevate its players and/or that our depth is pretty solid. 

But can the next three wins excite me? Well, depends on how much the Chiefs and Dolphins lose I guess, lol. 

You can learn a lot. I want to see the offense back in rhythm after last week. For as bad as the score looked, the Giants D actually frustrated the Fins D last week to an extent. The Pats still have some pieces on defense and BB can still coach that side of the ball. The Bucs are a sneaky good team, especially if Mike Evans is back. I want to see the offense look like it did against the Raiders and Fins, not like it did against Washington. I want to see how the defense adjust to the injuries and how they deal with WLB. There is a lot at play in what should be 3 wins. But then again, "any given Sunday/Thursday."

28 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Just enjoy the games. They don't have to tell us anything.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

We just lost to an inferior Jags team , so while I think we win each game , I'm still very interested in how the D looks without Milano and Jones, with Barkley likely playing and the offense finding the proper balance between 2 TE and 3 WR sets

I wouldn't call the Jags an "inferior" team.  While the Bills are a Better team, the Jags have a great team.  They always play the Bills tough, like the Jets.

• Agree 2

I do think we'll learn something about our defensive backups, particularly people like Elam, Ford, and Williams. And I think we'll also learn how good McD's scheme is at maintaining defensive performance despite missing key pieces.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.