Will we learn anything the next three weeks?

Billsfan1972

11 hours ago, Dan said:

This is such a defeatist attitude.   The Bills have to blow out each team, and even then… it doesn’t mean anything.  You’re setting up an impossible task…

beat every team and any team you deem not good, they should completely dominate.  Otherwise, it’s all no good?   Come on.  The premise of this is all based in unrealistic expectations.  

Agree. Here's the thing. With the losses to key players on defense I expect the Bills to take the next 2 weeks and try some things. Experiment, if you will. It's an excellent opportunity to pick up 2 wins while trying to see what backups can step up and how to run the defense with the absence of White, Jones and Milano. 

On offense it's a good chance to put some things on tape. Get Kincaid and Co involved. 

Wins are wins. There are no style points in the NFL. Early season is time to stack wins and figure out your team. This gives them the opportunity to do just that.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You see the problem is the Giants & Pats are two of the worst offenses and Tyrod & Mc are no yardstick to measure the defense imo.  Mayfield is a little better but TB is middle of the road at best and the Bills are home that week.

The offense I won't be surprised if Dorsey goes to the dinks and dunks and running and Bills control games they should blow-out opponents, but frankly it won't say a whole lot.

Of course if closer then need be, I too will worry.

No win imo.😜

What did the Eagles do last year?????  They were expected to be good, however went out and dominated.  The Bills should do the same.

What a 💩 way to watch our Bills. Enjoy your bitching. I’m sure we’ll read about it. 

Just win. It's all that matters. They aren't easy to come by but they mean everything. Just ask the Chiefs, who have the best record in the AFC right now along with the Dolphins even though I think if you watched them play this season they don't look like a 4-1 team in the AFC. Heck I think the Bills look like a much better team than the Chiefs... problem is we're 3-2.

Win in any manner now and try to start playing your best football at the end of the year going into the playoffs. Remember 2021? Buffalo looked like a pretty mediocre team mid-season, then got crazy hot after the Tampa Bay game.

So... if we win the next 3 games in any way whatsoever, we will learn that the Bills are 6-2 and one of the probably top 3 teams in the NFL.

If they aren't 6-2 in these next 3 weeks, then this team isn't as good as we thought. I know the saying "Any Given Sunday" but the Bills really should win these next 3. Tampa may give them a game but it is in OP so the Bills should win. The Giants and Pats are two hapless teams the Bills should have no trouble beating. 

• Agree 1

I've looked at the 5 weeks in totality and the positives and negatives.  I've pointed out some concerns, because yes I think these Allen years are the Bills chance to win Superbowls.

Am I hypercritical about the HC?  Maybe, but that doesn't take away from giving my opinions.

The next three games should be laughers and the Bills better go 3-0. Yes I want 300 yard passing games and a sharp Allen doing things we've missed to date this season.

The Defense I'd like to see get off the field.

Cincy could right the ship in the next three weeks and yes that will be a "bigger" test. 

With high expectations I want to see 3 comfortable wins.  

I expect we'll win the next few games fairly easily.  

Unfortunately, our path to the super bowl was going to require that we beat some teams a mite bit better than the Giants, and we can't realistically expect to win three consecutive games against those teams given the injuries that we've had.  Having said that, and knowing what the NFL is like, we'll probably go undefeated the rest of the way and cruise to our first championship.  But much more likely is a one-and-done.  Hopefully we can Kincaid integrated into the offense, see what we've got with some of our younger players who are getting some additional snaps, and hope for better injury luck next year.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I expect we'll win the next few games fairly easily.  

Unfortunately, our path to the super bowl was going to require that we beat some teams a mite bit better than the Giants, and we can't realistically expect to win three consecutive games against those teams given the injuries that we've had.  Having said that, and knowing what the NFL is like, we'll probably go undefeated the rest of the way and cruise to our first championship.  But much more likely is a one-and-done.  Hopefully we can Kincaid integrated into the offense, see what we've got with some of our younger players who are getting some additional snaps, and hope for better injury luck next year.

To me the real test is the 4 games at Bengals, at Eagles, at Chiefs, Cowboys. It would be nice if the Bills could go 2-2 or better. 

What we’ll learn is how much Brandon Beane wants to win this year and how creative he can be to replace our 3 best defensive players. Last year KC brought in the Giants 1st round drafted receiver that gave them the deep threat they needed. The Rams were able to get Von Miller at the deadline to secure their SB season. Hockinson was acquired by the Vikes at the deadline. I am of the belief that Beane will not move draft capital because making incremental improvements in the off-season to keep the team playoff worthy is more important than going for a championship during the season. The Pegulas don’t seem like owners that are obsessed with championships especially since they secured a new stadium and they’re confident Josh will keep them relevant going forward. Sadly, as fans we’re probably looking at an early exit from the tournament because losing a Milano, our best CB and a tackle that was playing at an all pro level is too much to overcome.

15 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

McD's Bills have been very good at obliterating bad teams, so if that doesn't happen over the next few weeks I'll start to worry.

I just do t think the Bills will Blow out the giants. Not because they can't, but I think if Buffalo has a 14 pts lead, they'll coast. McD is too much of a gentleman to run up the score on a friend. Just my thought. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean we lose to the Jags 9/10 is the reality. They are a proper bogey team for the Bills for some reason. 

They laid an egg against Houston, but they should have beaten KC. They are not an elite team but they are a team who on their day can beat any team and when given the advantage that they were last Sunday against the jetlagged Bills.... I mean I always said I was worried about that game. 

Ya that's true I guess, they're solid. TLaw just hasn't looked good. Maybe if Ridley continues to get targets like the #1 WR he is , that'll change. 

I was worried too about the advantage they had staying there, didn't expect it to be as much as it was. 

Still feel if that game was in Buffalo or even Jax, we get the W majority of the time 

And our last loss to them they had a completely different team and coaching staff so I disagree that they give us issues, just not enough proof

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Are the Jags an inferior team? If so by how much? 

Last year, they went as far as the Bills did in the playoffs. 

The Jags just beat the Bills and have the same record. 

I saw them play alot this year. Lawrence has looked like a shell of himself. They didn't impress me in any of their wins

3 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

So here’s the problem with this all or nothing approach-if the Bills don’t dominate these 3 games people will be calling for players and coaches heads and saying things like “well they will be exposed if they play like this against (insert team here)” then at the same time will only look at wins and losses for chiefs/bengals/dolphins. Never mind the fact that the Chiefs didn’t look good last night, bengals haven’t looked great all year…you get the point.

Get the win no matter the score (again, the Chiefs have shown time and again winning ugly is still a win) and hopefully get these younger players involved

And I'll bet you on the Chiefs board, even though 5-1, many are not happy with their play to date.

As lousy as Cincy has been they're 1 game behind the Bills.

Lamar & the Ravens have looked very good at times, but a crucial loss last week may cost them down the road.

SF & Philly are undefeated and haven't had a hiccup yet (Philly vs. Commanders almost).

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And I'll bet you on the Chiefs board, even though 5-1, many are not happy with their play to date.

As lousy as Cincy has been they're 1 game behind the Bills.

Lamar & the Ravens have looked very good at times, but a crucial loss last week may cost them down the road.

SF & Philly are undefeated and haven't had a hiccup yet (Philly vs. Commanders almost).

I thought the Bengals looked good last week. Burrow seems like he is healthy now. I still think it's the Ravens division to lose but I expect the Bengals to challenge them for the division if Burrow remains healthy.

25 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Here we go again drawing a line in the sand. It's the NFL and you gotta play hard for every victory. If it's only about the last game of the season, there is no point in being a fan (my opinion). Enjoy the ride.

23 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Just stack wins. I don't care how ugly they are.

Agreed.  The season is a marathon.  Gather as many wins and you can, get into the playoffs, and go from there. 

• Agree 1

Again I've been through everything since OJ.  The 4 SB appearances were great fun to witness and be part of.  The down years not so much and usually hovering around .500 you yep ups and downs.  Flutie and the playoffs were a rollercoaster (and the Rob Johnson debacle I'll never forget).  Since then it was you never knew what you were getting week to week.

Now the Bills have a transcendent QB, and sorry can't be laissez-faire week to week.  Got to win now, so stupid losses like the Jets and Jax (and let's not go through 2018-2022 losses) bother me more.  

I want a NE style run (or KC now).  

Just the way it is.    

Edited by Billsfan1972

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again I've been through everything since OJ.  The 4 SB appearances were great fun to witness and be part of.  The down years not so much and usually hovering around .500 you yep ups and downs.  Flutie and the playoffs were a rollercoaster (and the Rob Johnson debacle I'll never forget).  Since then it was you never knew what you were getting week to week.

Now the Bills have a transcendent QB, and sorry can't be laissez-faire week to week.  Got to win now, so stupid losses like the Jets and Jax (and let's not go through 2018-2022 losses) bother me more.  

Just the way it is.    

We all WANT that. It just isn't realistic. This is not the AFC that Brady and Manning dominated for a decade and a half. You still just have to try and enjoy each week and the games. It's the climb. 

But I agree the next 3 weeks isn't going to tell us much, one way or the other. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We all WANT that. It just isn't realistic. This is not the AFC that Brady and Manning dominated for a decade and a half. You still just have to try and enjoy each week and the games. It's the climb. 

But I agree the next 3 weeks isn't going to tell us much, one way or the other. 

No not 17-0, but yes I expect to be at the same level as the Chiefs as the Bills have a qb that rivals Mahomes, better receivers (starting with Diggs) and two (should be) productive TE's. 

We've seen too many posts and articles that the "window is closing".  I don't believe it, but certainly expect coaching to be better and ensure they are right there.

No excuses (unless JA is injured). 

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No not 17-0, but yes I expect to be at the same level as the Chiefs as the Bills have a qb that rivals Mahomes, better receivers (starting with Diggs) and two (should be) productive TE's. 

We've seen too many posts and articles that the "window is closing".  I don't believe it, but certainly expect coaching to be better and ensure they are right there.

No excuses (unless JA is injured). 

They have been "right there" they just haven't got over the hump. 

40 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Just the way it is.    

giphy.gif

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.