NFL Trade Deadline Oct 31 - Rumored List of Players Available

ngbills

I don’t think we will make a move but if I had to rank likeliest trade candidates:

1. Harrison Phillips - with Cousins down, the rebuild that was expected in 2024 starts early. About 2 million is owed to Phillips for the rest of the year, he knows the system, and he would start next to Ed the next day.

2. Kendall Fuller - This week was the Commies last stand, they have now fallen to 0-3 in the division. Rivera and McD have a relationship. His contract is a bit more expensive at about 4.5 left for the year.

3. Josey Jewel - The Broncos had a few goals this year. Beat the Chiefs, see what players are worth keeping around and lose a lot of games to get a young QB. Jewel is on the last year of his contract and Drew Sanders is expected to be a longer term player. About 2 million is still owed.

Others I’d be shocked if we landed, but may be obtainable by someone for a big price:

1. Derrick Brown

2. DeForest Buckner

3. Jonathan Allen

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I don’t think we will make a move but if I had to rank likeliest trade candidates:

1. Harrison Phillips - with Cousins down, the rebuild that was expected in 2024 starts early. About 2 million is owed to Phillips for the rest of the year, he knows the system, and he would start next to Ed the next day.

2. Kendall Fuller - This week was the Commies last stand, they have now fallen to 0-3 in the division. Rivera and McD have a relationship. His contract is a bit more expensive at about 4.5 left for the year.

3. Josey Jewel - The Broncos had a few goals this year. Beat the Chiefs, see what players are worth keeping around and lose a lot of games to get a young QB. Jewel is on the last year of his contract and Drew Sanders is expected to be a longer term player. About 2 million is still owed.

Others I’d be shocked if we landed, but may be obtainable by someone for a big price:

1. Derrick Brown

2. DeForest Buckner

3. Jonathan Allen

They will make at least one move … probably for a DT would be my guess

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The relatively big name WR who makes the most sense for their team to move given their record is probably  Marquise Brown.

With Kyler Murray ready to return soon..........if they don't subtract some offensive talent........that team might actually win 3-4 games the rest of the season and ruin their shot at Williams/Maye in the draft.

Bills need someone that can take the top off of defenses 

My choices:

DT (priority)

1. Andrew Billings, DT, Chicago
  2. Harrison Phillips, DT, Minnesota
  3. Calais Campbell, DT, Atlanta
  4. Grover Stewart, DT, Indianapolis (returns from suspension December 4)
  5. Homerun hitting:  Kenny Clark, DT, Green Bay
  6. Homerun hitting:  Leonard Williams, DT, New York

OTHERS

1. TJ Edwards, LB, Chicago
  2. Jordan Hicks, LB, Green Bay
  3. AJ Dillion, RB, Green Bay
  4. Sterling Shepard, WR, New York

I don't trade for CBs - the Bills have four! rotating around the practice squad.  I'd rather try those guys first.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, dpberr said:

My choices:

DT (priority)

1. Andrew Billings, DT, Chicago
  2. Harrison Phillips, DT, Minnesota
  3. Calais Campbell, DT, Atlanta
  4. Grover Stewart, DT, Indianapolis (returns from suspension December 4)
  5. Homerun hitting:  Kenny Clark, DT, Green Bay
  6. Homerun hitting:  Leonard Williams, DT, New York

OTHERS

1. TJ Edwards, LB, Chicago
  2. Jordan Hicks, LB, Green Bay
  3. AJ Dillion, RB, Green Bay
  4. Sterling Shepard, WR, New York

I don't trade for CBs - the Bills have four! rotating around the practice squad.  I'd rather try those guys first.  

I am only trading for a CB if they're a perfect scheme fit and are available for nothing more than a late round pick swap. I know that means you aren't getting a great player but I'll take the depth if they fit the scheme. Otherwise I'm all over the DT and LB market and I think AJ Dillon would be a very interesting addition to the backfield. I am also looking at RB's who excel in pass protection. 

6 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

I am only trading for a CB if they're a perfect scheme fit and are available for nothing more than a late round pick swap. I know that means you aren't getting a great player but I'll take the depth if they fit the scheme. Otherwise I'm all over the DT and LB market and I think AJ Dillon would be a very interesting addition to the backfield. I am also looking at RB's who excel in pass protection. 

I think that out of the areas that can use help, CB is the most difficult to address.  Those players really need to understand the playbook.  I don't think a player coming in from another team, even if they have a high football IQ, are going to hit the field and know what they are doing.  

Linebacker is also difficult - I choose Edwards and Hicks because they are linebackers who are known to pick up playbooks fast, and have a high football IQ.  TJ Edwards seems to be productive regardless of defensive strategy.  Is he the very best linebacker in the NFC, no, but his value is in concert with what I'd be willing to pay.  

I see DT and RB more plug and play, provided you get vets who know what they are doing and are motivated.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

CJ Caggiano....the guy who always gets the Bills schedule early  has mentioned the Bills *might*  be bringing in Donkey Kong Suh for a physical 

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Bills have apparently shown interest in CB Jaylon Johnson.

We won't get him if other teams are interested 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.