NFL Trade Deadline Oct 31 - Rumored List of Players Available

ngbills

Makes me laugh that everyone always expects craziness at the NFL deadline.

Team has no cap space for multiple trades.

However the team is already rumored to be involved in a big target, but also that target seems to price himself out of teams who've discussed it and, as pointed out, we have no cap space.

Expect nothing, be surprised if theres something... Theres been 2 trades in the league at the deadline. 

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I mean Wallace is at least a body that would play before Josh Norman does 

Yeah, doesn't move the needle but knows the system, cheap and already has the trust of McD. Levi should be on the field Sunday and I'd assume it'd be a swap of 6 for a 7th. I wouldn't like being their only move but a solid one if it happens. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The guy from Pro Football Focus Brad Speilberger was just on WGR and he just mentioned Panthers Donte Jackson as a CB that fits Buffalos defense and he is inexpensive with another year on his deal.

nothing new just thought I would share.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

The guy from Pro Football Focus Brad Speilberger was just on WGR and he just mentioned Panthers Donte Jackson as a CB that fits Buffalos defense and he is inexpensive with another year on his deal.

nothing new just thought I would share.

He ran a 4.32 at the combine...
"Jackson has translated his exceptional speed into a successful collegiate career in track and football. He won state high school titles in the 100 and 200 meters, and joined the Tigers' track squad to race in the 60 and 100-meters and win conference titles in the 4x100 relay."

If he has good instincts, it would be nice to have a CB who's faster than Benford.

• Like (+1) 2

I can't get these to embed ever but Art Stapelton (Giants Beat writer) is speculating a Elam for Adoree Jackson swap.  He is just speculating but geez no way the giants would do something like this right?  This would be a huge win for the Bills.   Jackson is a good not great player who can play inside and outside.  He has played in some aggressive defenses under Dick Lebeau, Dean Peas and now Wink Martindale.  I imagine he could play in this defense without an issue.

https://x.com/art_stapleton/status/1719352196532207743?s=20

9 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I can't get these to embed ever but Art Stapelton (Giants Beat writer) is speculating a Elam for Adoree Jackson swap.  He is just speculating but geez no way the giants would do something like this right?  This would be a huge win for the Bills.   Jackson is a good not great player who can play inside and outside.  He has played in some aggressive defenses under Dick Lebeau, Dean Peas and now Wink Martindale.  I imagine he could play in this defense without an issue.

41 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

It's been about a month since we lost so much on defense. Beane has had plenty of time for moves, so I don't expect much in the next few hours. 

3 weeks ago teams will still deciding if they were in or not

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

People are lamenting we never make big moves but there’s some more subtle moves like this one that would really excite me.  Not sure anything like that is gonna happen either though lol

Just now, uticaclub said:

3 weeks ago teams will still deciding if they were in or not

Teams are still on that fence. If the NFL really wanted a more exciting deadline, they should move it to the end of November.  NHL deadline isn't until March 8th, by which point the Sabres will have played 64 out of 82 games. 

1 minute ago, goldenboy81 said:

Thank you. Teams have made some moves last couple weeks tho

And teams change their mind based on week-to-week results. The Titans were going to hold a firesale so they traded their best safety. Now that they won a game with Will Levis, they won't budge an inch and think of themselves as contenders. 

22 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Look to improve elsewhere then. We need help at DT, LB, and CB for sure. We could use another Offensive weapon. 

We'd be taking reps away from Von Miller, Leonard Floyd, Gregg Rousseau, and/or AJ Epenesa to fit him in. None of them are performing in a way that would make me say "they should be taking less reps".

We'd have to cut Kingsley Jonathan or Shaq Lawson. We'd be giving up Draft picks we need for all the work in the Offseason.

We currently have SIX Edge's and are way more deep there already than most, if not all, of the league and it's our deepest position.

We have no need for another Edge. Period. And with the way Chase Young has been performing as of late, he's just a name anyways. I'm not so sure he'd perform any better in this Defense than Kingsley Jonathan is.

Beane isn't going to make a move just to give fans a shiny toy on Deadline day. There has to be a need for it and there is no need here.

Appreciate the note. Do not feel he is a shiny toy, but he might be. I was thinking investment

I am done with the Lawson Phillips thing already.

Kingsley Jonathan may not be your best defense in the discussion and not sure about Miller post injury . But yea , i feel ya overall

6 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I mean Wallace is at least a body that would play before Josh Norman does 

and thats where we are are with the bILLs  wtf

5 hours ago, ngbills said:

Wow. Chase Young to SF

well Shanahan wants to win still after that 3 games skid    hmm

bummer , they just got better

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.