NFL Trade Deadline Oct 31 - Rumored List of Players Available

ngbills

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We aren't aspiring for the norm. We're trying to be a Super Bowl contender. Teams like Miami and Philly are our competition for that goal... So when you use those teams as examples, you're proving the point. We have to beat those teams to achieve our final goal. Hard to do that when they're starting off with such a huge advantage over us in that one key area.

How's KCs WR corp looking?

12 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And you have an incredibly short fuse. Consistently condescending or downright insulting people with almost all of your posts. 

You claim to not have an agenda against Davis but any time anyone points out anything positive, you go off.

Yes, we are one of two teams who have played 8 games. I am aware. But the statistics have been consistently been extremely high for #2 WR metrics all season.

After this week is finished, he'll drop some. But he's still going to be ranked very highly for a #2 WR.

I just don't suffer fools.

I had already explained to you that the Bills had played 8 games and everyone else had played 6 or 7............so clearly your "league ranks" for Gabe are not at all in perspective.

Your response was more league ranks for Gabe. :doh:

So after I've told you TWICE that the Bills are the only team to have played 8 games.........your response is then that you are "aware" that only 2 teams have played 8 games.

You are the definition of NOT aware.

Do better.    This isn't rocket science. 

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I just don't suffer fools.

I had already explained to you that the Bills had played 8 games and everyone else had played 6 or 7............so clearly your "league ranks" for Gabe are not at all in perspective.

Your response was more league ranks for Gabe. :doh:

So after I've told you TWICE that the Bills are the only team to have played 8 games.........your response is then that you are "aware" that only 2 teams have played 8 games.

You are the definition of NOT aware.

Do better.    This isn't rocket science. 

You cherry pick with the best of them.

I didn't just say I'm aware and then give you more stats. I said I was aware, but that his statistics have consistently ranked in the highest end of #2 WR's. He's actually been above some #1's in production. 

When the week is over, he'll drop some naturally. But he'll still be in that range.

But don't let me get in the way of your narrative. Or your consistent offensive and rude character.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

We aren't aspiring for the norm. We're trying to be a Super Bowl contender. Teams like Miami and Philly are our competition for that goal... So when you use those teams as examples, you're proving the point. We have to beat those teams to achieve our final goal. Hard to do that when they're starting off with such a huge advantage over us in that one key area.

So say that you really want two WR's who would be considered the top WR on most teams. And not that Gabe Davis isn't good enough to be a #2.

Because that simply isn't true, by metrics this season. There are way more teams that have a worse option than Gabe Davis as their 2nd WR than there are ones that have better.

18 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

OK where are the 3 with KC? They have Mahomes and Kelce. Nobody else is even top 20 at their position.

Mahomes Kelce Reid

Tyreek Waddle McDaniels

Deebo McCaffery Shanahan

Allen Diggs ???????

Sometimes it’s 3 great players. Some times it’s two and a coach 

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

There isn't any one or two players we can trade for that significantly changes things for us.   This year is what it will be.

For this team to have any real chance, coaches have to be replaced, the philosophy has to switch to an offensive one, and a much better system that Allen is forced to run has to be implemented. 

Not gonna happen, but that's what needs to be done 

• Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Mahomes Kelce Reid

Tyreek Waddle McDaniels

Deebo McCaffery Shanahan

Allen Diggs ???????

Sometimes it’s 3 great players. Some times it’s two and a coach 

You are giving way too much credit to McDaniels, a guy who loses to every good team they play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You cherry pick with the best of them.

I didn't just say I'm aware and then give you more stats. I said I was aware, but that his statistics have consistently ranked in the highest end of #2 WR's. He's actually been above some #1's in production. 

When the week is over, he'll drop some naturally. But he'll still be in that range.

But don't let me get in the way of your narrative. Or your consistent offensive and rude character.

Pointing out that the ENTIRE LEAGUE had played 12.5%-25% less football than the Bills isn't cherry picking...........it renders your entire point ridiculous.

As to "when the week is over......he'll still be in that range"..........do you not understand that more than 1/3 of the league will STILL not have played 8 games like the Bills when this game week is over?   Still?   Seriously?

I gave you the stat........37th in yards per game for a player listed as a WR this season.......and 40th overall behind 3 TE who are top 2 options for their team.     So 8th.....or the very back of top 1/4 of the league in yards per game among top 2 and 3 options on teams.  

Now factor in that he's playing with a top 3 QB who has played every game and is he not more of a middle of the league producer at WR2 in a league where 3 of the top 4 current Vegas SB favorites have WR1 quality players at WR2 and the one who does not is the team that has reached the last 5 AFCCG's(usually STACKED at WR)?   

The point isn't that Gabe isn't a good enough WR2 for some also-ran or in-the-hunt-still at Thanksgiving team.   He is.........especially for one of the many teams with much-deeper WR corps in general.    

But there are A LOT of teams with more talented WR2 than the Bills..........guys who could flourish with Josh Allen at QB.........and having a stud WR2 has been as great an indicator as any as to which teams will actually reach a SB in the past 6 seasons and a very big indicator for many years before that.

People point to Juju Smith-Schuster with KC last year as some kind of outlier but his efficiency stats AND bulk stats both showed him to be a back end WR1.    Gabe's bulk stats looked ok for a WR2 but his drops and catch % were simply brutal.   This year Gabe has been more efficient and dropped less but been less explosive(hence 110 less yards thru the first 8 he has played).........but targeting him has still resulted in 5 turnovers, by my count(4 INT's and his fumble) and I might be undercounting the pics.      

Edited by BADOLBILZ

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Pointing out that the ENTIRE LEAGUE had played 12.5%-25% less football than the Bills isn't cherry picking...........it renders your entire point ridiculous.

As to "when the week is over......he'll still be in that range"..........do you not understand that more than 1/3 of the league will STILL not have played 8 games like the Bills when this game week is over?   Still?   Seriously?

I gave you the stat........37th in yards per game for a player listed as a WR this season.......and 40th overall behind 3 TE who are top 2 options for their team.     So 8th.....or the very back of top 1/4 of the league in yards per game among top 2 and 3 options on teams.  

Now factor in that he's playing with a top 3 QB who has played every game and is he not more of a middle of the league producer at WR2 in a league where 3 of the top 4 current Vegas SB favorites have WR1 quality players at WR2 and the one who does not is the team that has reached the last 5 AFCCG's(usually STACKED at WR)?   

The point isn't that Gabe isn't a good enough WR2 for some also-ran or in-the-hunt-still at Thanksgiving team.   He is.........especially for one of the many teams with much-deeper WR corps in general.    

But there are A LOT of teams with more talented WR2 than the Bills..........guys who could flourish with Josh Allen at QB.........and having a stud WR2 has been as great an indicator as any as to which teams will actually reach a SB in the past 6 seasons and a very big indicator for many years before that.

People point to Juju Smith-Schuster with KC last year as some kind of outlier but his efficiency stats AND bulk stats both showed him to be a back end WR1.    Gabe's bulk stats looked ok for a WR2 but his drops and catch % were simply brutal.   This year Gabe has been more efficient and dropped less but been less explosive(hence 110 less yards per game thru 8 he played).........but targeting him has still resulted in 5 turnovers, by my count(4 INT's and his fumble) and I might be undercounting the pics.      

I'm saying you cherry pick what people say. In particular you saying that all I said was "I hear what you're saying" and then disregarded it with more stats.

Like I said, he will naturally drop some from 22nd in yardage and 4th in TD's. But he's not going to drop from 22nd to bottom of the league. He's consistently been at the top of WR2 metrics, outranking some #1's all season.

And where are you getting these 28th and 40 numbers? He's 22 amongst WR's (lists include Kelce at TE) everywhere:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?category=receiving&season=2023&seasonType=reg&sort=rec_yyds&sortOrder=desc

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/receiving.htm

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/receiving/2023/REG/all/receivingyards/DESC

Like another poster has said in response to you - is he Elite? No. Is it possible to have a better WR opposite Diggs? Yes. But it's way more uncommon to have a better WR2 than Davis than you're letting on.

There aren't "way more" teams with a better WR2 than Davis. There may be ones you personally would prefer because it's quite clear with your posts all year that you are not a fan of his. Like the poster said, you have absolutely nothing positive to say and go out of your way to shoot down anyone who has anything remotely positive to say.

In a way, I get what you and Happy are saying. You want to win a Super Bowl and you both feel that to do so, having just one guy who is considered a top tier WR that would be a #1 on most teams is a must. 

But just because Davis isn't Diggs, doesn't mean he's not a good WR2. The metrics prove he is. He's just not a WR1.

2 hours ago, BillsUberAlles said:

How's KCs WR corp looking?

Aside from having Kelce (the best weapon in the NFL) and an elite IOL, they’ve provided Mahomes with:

-WR3 FA in MVS

-Trade for a recent RD1 WR

-RD2 WR

-RD2 WR 

-Brought back Hardman

We can clown, I guess, but that WR room isn’t for lack of trying. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

People point to Juju Smith-Schuster with KC last year as some kind of outlier but his efficiency stats AND bulk stats both showed him to be a back end WR1.    Gabe's bulk stats looked ok for a WR2 but his drops and catch % were simply brutal.   This year Gabe has been more efficient and dropped less but been less explosive(hence 110 less yards thru the first 8 he has played).........but targeting him has still resulted in 5 turnovers, by my count(4 INT's and his fumble) and I might be undercounting the pics.      

I hope we start seeing Kincaid become the de facto second option. It would be nice if Hopkins shook loose at the TDL and that Beane was in on it. I'm rooting for a Falcons' win to nudge the Titans into being a seller. (Overall, I'm pleased with Gabe Davis this year. He's done better than I expected. If he was WR3, I'd be happier.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

There isn't any one or two players we can trade for that significantly changes things for us.   This year is what it will be.

For this team to have any real chance, coaches have to be replaced, the philosophy has to switch to an offensive one, and a much better system that Allen is forced to run has to be implemented. 

You trade for Surtain and move every one of those CBs a notch on the depth chart and this team becomes very different. All of a sudden Bedford is locking up their second guy and our defense is getting off the field a lot more on 3rd down. I think we should make a move but I’m not overly concerned about the offense. It’s the other side of the ball that needs reinforcements.

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Kansas wore their Bill's look a like jersey's yesterday to show Sooner fan's how wrong this post is. 

• Haha (+1) 1

For me, I'd like the WR upgrade the most - I know Gabe had a good game but give Josh/Dorsey 2 excellent WRs and let Josh cook.  Choices:

Mike Evans - c'mon Beane.  Tampa is starting to look pathetic like we thought they would, deep down they know it.  They need draft capital for a real QB.

DHop - Tenn can claim they want to test what they have, but most know they got nothin', and need draft capital.   Our third for a FA they picked up.

J Williams - Elam and a third might get it done.

A Thielen - I'm luke warm on this guy, but he seems dependable.

RBs- seems like we need a guy who can get a yard over 90% of the time.  Short yardage and good pass protector.  Plus I don't know if Harris can come back.

D Henry - kind of out of character for the Bills to pay RB but for $5M for the remainder of the year, he would be interesting

AJ Dillon - kind of King Henry lite. a cheap version,  get him for one of our extra 6ths.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.