It's time for AJ Klein to shine

Joe Ferguson

Maybe one of the "silver linings" here is this defense is no stranger to playing without Milano.  He does have a history of missing games unfortunately.  And although he was definitely missed, we were still able to hang with our tougher opponents and usually win, as I recall.  Same thing can be said for Tre White.  We basically haven't had him for 2 years especially when you consider he was a shell of himself last season.  Over the past 2 years, we only played with "good" Tre White for 2-3 games.  So, I can talk myself into believing we can overcome these injuries, but the problem is it's only Week 5... who is to say there isn't more to come...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Definitely am intrigued by Poona Ford. 

Agreed

I don't envision the drop from Jones to him being all that much of a difference, who knows, it may be a positive.  Either way, it's far from the drop from White to Elam or Milano to whomever.  

I still recall when the first half of the season, Klein looked like a wounded duck is space and a liability. Then the Bills used him as a run stopper and blitzer and looked great! He had mad closing skills to tackle. It was night and day. He likely has lost some speed since, but he can used well. Not same role as Milano.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Definitely am intrigued by Poona Ford. 

I've seen so many people talk up Poona Ford as Jones replacement. That's not happening.

He's been a healthy scratch all year. He may be active now, but he'll be behind Jordan Phillips and Tim Settle. Hell, we had Kendall Vickers active on Sunday and not Poona Ford.

Like Elam, Ford's not going from the doghouse to the penthouse.

• Agree 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

I've seen so many people talk up Poona Ford as Jones replacement. That's not happening.

He's been a healthy scratch all year. He may be active now, but he'll be behind Jordan Phillips and Tim Settle. Hell, we had Kendall Vickers active on Sunday and not Poona Ford.

Like Elam, Ford's not going from the doghouse to the penthouse.

Unfortunately I agree… but Settle doesn’t excite me either …

To me … this is a bigger need to go to the market for a replacement then CB or LB ..

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Unfortunately I agree… but Settle doesn’t excite me either …

To me … this is a bigger need to go to the market for a replacement then CB or LB ..

Settle has been disappointing after all of the hype we were hearing about him when he signed here.  I was expecting him to perform at the level Jones was.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Success said:

I was really hoping we wouldn't have an "it's time for AJ Klein to shine" thread at any point this season....

Not to worry, whatever Kline can’t handle I’m sure Josh Norman will be right there to clean it up…just as soon as he returns back to earth from that stiff arm…Screen_Shot_2020-10-14_at_3.27.06_PM.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.