Tre, Milano and Jones could all be out for the season. Hope the OC learns to adjust.

Xwnyer

Tre is already out.  Milano and Jones injuries also point to end of season injuries.  These are the best three defenders at their respective positions and will really put pressure on this defense.  McD adjusted well today after losing Jones and Milano but the defense ran out of gas.  

The offense is gonna have to start creating long sustained drives to take the pressure off the D.  However early in the game we have a second and 1 after going three and out on previous possessions and the genius of a coordinator calls a deep sweep losing six yards and than calls another stupid swing pass and again get stopped.   

Edited by Xwnyer

• Xwnyer changed the title to Tre, Milano and Jones could all be out for the season. Hope the OC learns to adjust.
2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

They said Milano had a cast but what about Jones, what happened to him that it could be season ending?

I mean, it's all speculation at this point. People assuming the worst. Not saying they are wrong (or right). But nothing will likely be confirmed either way until Tuesday/Wednesday.

The injuries are awful, and Milano is irreplaceable.  But on D, I really feel like some guys we've barley noticed will step up and play strong.  Or maybe they bring people in from other organizations.  The bottom line is that even though those guys are out, they will be replaced with other pro football players who could shine. The positions won't be left vacant!   There.  That's my glass half full approach.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Losing Jones may be as impactful as losing Milano.

Losing both is close to worst case scenario in my opinion.

I think Milano is the biggest loss.  He is a beast.  Is able to get to the QB on the blitz, has ball smarts etc.  Jones loss will impact the run D but Milano it’s both aspects.

1 minute ago, Xwnyer said:

I think Milano is the biggest loss.  He is a beast.  Is able to get to the QB on the blitz, has ball smarts etc.  Jones loss will impact the run D but Milano it’s both aspects.

No doubt that Milano is an incredible player. I just think a lot of fans don’t realize just how great Jones is as well. He has been playing out of his mind this season, both against the run and in pass rush situations.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Two years in a row in prime Super Bowl window…. And also lost Tre in 2021

You gotta be kidding me

It's horrible. The Milano and DJones injuries suck so bad. Idk I'm just getting tired of football effecting my mood

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Official

Eff turf

Edited by Goin Breakdown

2 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

It's horrible. Milano and DJones sucks so bad. Idk I'm just getting tired of football effecting my mood

Eff turf

WTF did this have to do with turf, his leg got put in an awful position with bodies colliding, it could happen on any surface.

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

WTF did this have to do with turf, his leg got put in an awful position with bodies colliding, it could happen on any surface.

Wtf you have to come at me for. Don't act like I'm the only one who thinks bad crap happens when they play on turf. 

ACB79D2E-E955-4C1B-B005-A0FB879AEC5B.jpeg

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 2

Coming into the season I already assumed the defense would take a step back and the offense would have to make up for it. Now that is almost certainly the case. We need to trade for a true WR2 so the offense can carry the load. That's how I felt two months ago and I feel even more strongly about it now.

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Miami fans dancing on our graves …

laughing at us 

I am always careful to be polite and prudent when watching, to avoid karma. I don't care anymore. i'm going to watch every dolphins and chiefs game the rest of the year begging to see ACLs snap.

Just now, arcane said:

I am always careful to be polite and prudent when watching, to avoid karma. I don't care anymore. i'm going to watch every dolphins and chiefs game the rest of the year begging to see ACLs snap.

They might get some karma based on their QB injury history 

11 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

This was an absolutely elite unit with White, Milano and Jones. Don't believe otherwise.

White's been out most of last season, most of last week and today.  We were fine w/o him.  Yes, he's elite, but he hasn't been around for a year.  

Milano was the best defensive player on the team, no doubt.  

But if there's one thing that we don't lack, it's depth.  

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

I already feel bad for hitting enter on this btw, it's not true. Just wish we could have a ***** break

2 hours ago, nucci said:

explain.

It’s a dumb comment.   It is interesting that during the 90’s Rusty Jones the strength and conditioning coach was highlighted for his methods  and diet regime etc and the injuries seemed less than today

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.