Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

The Bills never played in London and they faced a team that not only played in London many times but also played in London the previous week. The Bills were at a major disadvantage against a good team. The Bills kept it mostly a one score game despite many bad calls early. The Bills only got a call or two towards the end but the game was already behind them when they got the calls their way. 

The injuries are what concerns me long term. Hopefully Jones and Milano aren’t out long term. I think with Poona Ford and D Williams they can manage a few games without them but they need them back come late November.

My only complaint was the attempt to do a hook and ladder at the end. They should have taken a big “chunk” of 20 plus yards and spike the ball. They had enough time on the clock to do that. I would have loved to have seen a Hail Mary attempt from 70ish yards by Josh. 

Not that the Bills would have won but it would have been cool to see Josh attempt it.

• Agree 1

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

D hung in as best they could.. half backups . The OL inability to run block was critical and they were bad. Officials were horrible.. when they want to call holding or pi they can. Seems Jax got zero of either. 

I agree but they missed so many plays throughout the game. Make even half of them and we win that game. Way too many blown or failed coverages. For all the talk about not being a man to man team we certainly ran a lot of it. 

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

Agreed.  Still doesn't change the fact the Jags had more then a full week to acclimate.  It's just an unfair advantage, with an easy fix.  Do not let a team play two international games in a row.  Never said that was the only reason they lost, but you cannot deny it was most definitely a factor.

Should give the Bills a bye in advance if the Jags get to hang out for 2 weeks. Complete bs by the NFL !!!

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Are Bills players still getting injured?

Wrap them all in bubble wrap before putting them on the plane!  The injury bug has been vicious to us this year.  I thought we were going to have invite lucky fans out of the stands for their chance to play in an NFL game.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Process said:

Don't even care about the loss to be honest. Bills were at a huge disadvantage. 4 easy games coming up. 

Losing Milano and Jones is just devastating. No other way to put it. I'm sad.

There are no easy games.  Never underestimate the Bills ability to collapse against teams they should beat.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, juscoo said:

anytime someone tells you to calm down it's only one game early in the season, tell them to get back to you when they're playing a playoff game in arrowhead once again.

mcdermott isn't good enough, dorsey is just plain bad. this franchise is going to waste allen's entire career flipping the field with pansy ass punts.

McDermott managed to get that mangled injury ridden Bills defense to hold the Jacksonville offense off for a long ass time until they were just completely gassed when the offense didn't figure anything out until they had like 3 and a half minutes left.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Goin Breakdown said:

5 hours ago we were the greatest. Coaches were respected and defended. Anyone who said a critical word about buffalo was booed. And now here we're are. 

It's week to week, you look bad one week this team is awful, we look good one week it's superbowl baby!!!. Stay level headed and in the middle is my way of doing it. There are always negatives and positives every game but unfortunately not many here can see both. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan89 said:

The Bills never played in London and they faced a team that not only played in London many times but also played in London the previous week. The Bills were at a major disadvantage against a good team. The Bills kept it mostly a one score game despite many bad calls early. The Bills only got a call or two towards the end but the game was already behind them when they got the calls their way. 

The injuries are what concerns me long term. Hopefully Jones and Milano aren’t out long term. I think with Poona Ford and D Williams they can manage a few games without them but they need them back come late November.

My only complaint was the attempt to do a hook and ladder at the end. They should have taken a big “chunk” of 20 plus yards and spike the ball. They had enough time on the clock to do that. I would have loved to have seen a Hail Mary attempt from 70ish yards by Josh. 

Not that the Bills would have won but it would have been cool to see Josh attempt it.

Dude. Again… They played in London before. Was at the game. Was brutal too… A loss to Jags also oddly enough playing the same way… Team did not show up until it was way too late. 

17 minutes ago, juscoo said:

anytime someone tells you to calm down it's only one game early in the season, tell them to get back to you when they're playing a playoff game in arrowhead once again.

mcdermott isn't good enough, dorsey is just plain bad. this franchise is going to waste allen's entire career flipping the field with pansy ass punts.

We were playing the Bengals at home last year and it didn't mean crap.

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I told everyone this was coming and everyone ridiculed me as if my suggestions were completely preposterous.

Lol no no no no no. You were ridiculed for your weirdo plane crash commentary. Nice try, but no.

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Unforgiven said:

Ailing good teams always right their ship against the bills.  

It does seem that way.  Not sure if any stats back it up, but my brother and I always talk about this over the years how a struggling team "gets right" against us, regardless of our talent, record, etc.  I just don't get it.

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I told everyone this was coming and everyone ridiculed me as if my suggestions were completely preposterous.

The Bills are a historically great team, and that didn't change today. Look back at the '90s Bills. There were always games like this, and today's result had a lot more to do with circumstances and crap than it did the quality of the teams. Also, the injuries suck, but the season isn't over. Every team deals with major injuries at some point.

All that being said, yes, I will avoid mainstream football media all week because the narratives are going to be nauseating.

And, the expectations this year should probably be a Wild Card team, unless Miami gets similarly struck with injuries.

The Jaguars are not better than the Bills.

This game came down to a failure by the Bills offense. They were healthy and the unbelievably injured defense kept giving them opportunities, but they couldn't do anything against a Jacksonville defense that seemed to have their number -- again, I think that was one of the biggest factors going into this game. Belief is a huge thing in football that doesn't get talked about enough.

100% with you about the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.