Ja’Mar Chase: “I’m open. I’m always ****ing open”

Alphadawg7

15 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why does Burrow get the injury excuse and Allen didn't last year even though Allens injury was more serious and more impactful in actually throwing the football?  Curious, have you watched a Bengals game?  Burrow does not look good at all, and it goes beyond anything to do with his calf.  

Burrow does look like Big Ben in his last year.  The ball is just floating through the air.

The thing is about calves, you can't get any firm base when one is injured.  That muscle, when it gets agitated, your leg is almost useless.  You can get better push off with a sprained ankle....the calf though is just so much worse.

But the concerning part is the decision making and accuracy.  That shouldn't be effected....maybe a slight decrease in accuracy.  He's not even close to his targets on many throws that I've seen.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

First I never blamed Allen for anything.. the entire Bills team just crapped the bed at the end of the year.  That said your legs when throwing are very important and they should sit him and let him heal. I think he proven that when healthy he is a top 3 QB.

Allen didn't get the injury benefit of the doubt when he had an injury to his throwing elbow, which is more significant than a calf injury.  Its not like Burrow can't walk or something out there.  Not saying legs are not important to a QB, saying Allens injury was more impactful than Burrows yet all the talk was Allen is regressing, not that the injury could be impacting him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/1/2023 at 10:08 PM, Sherlock Holmes said:

Not Cooper Kupp, that's part of why I want him on our team

Did any of the Chiseled jawline, vibrant blonde hair/blue eyes and perfect smile factor in? Lol

I don't even like dewdz and that guy is the dreamiest guy in the league. If my girls over we don't watch Rams games 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Burrow does look like Big Ben in his last year.  The ball is just floating through the air.

The thing is about calves, you can't get any firm base when one is injured.  That muscle, when it gets agitated, your leg is almost useless.  You can get better push off with a sprained ankle....the calf though is just so much worse.

But the concerning part is the decision making and accuracy.  That shouldn't be effected....maybe a slight decrease in accuracy.  He's not even close to his targets on many throws that I've seen.

I am not saying Burrow having a calf injury isn't valid...Im saying its BS how Burrow and Allen are not be treated the same where Allen did not get the same benefit of the doubt while playing through a worse injury last year and instead was being labeled as "regressing" and "overrated"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 10/1/2023 at 9:26 PM, BillsFan130 said:

It was just the elimination game that rubbed me the wrong way.

Eli apple being an idiot. Burrow saying “go get your refunds” referring to the neutral championship game.

Where did Eli Apple sign again? I feel like Shaq will be looking for him that week after his response to Apple disrespecting Damar.

On 10/1/2023 at 9:38 PM, Process said:

I'm on record saying Burrow is the most overrated player in the league.

Is he as bad as he is playing right now? No of course not. 

Is he a good QB? Yes he's good

Is he's elite? No, and he never has been. 

I'm all for hating on rival QBs.    Burrow does seem full of himself.      But IMO there's no question he's an elite QB

in 2021 and 2022 he basically averaged 4,500 yards, 35 TDs, just shy of 70% completion rate, plus 3 Rush TDs / year.    And he lead his team to the SB and AFCG.  Those are 2 pretty awesome years.   He's been bad so far in 2023, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt playing through an injury.  It's a long season. 

And he was voted #6 overall and #3 QB on the latest NFL 100.   Anyone in the top 20 is Elite in my book.

I was listening to a talking head today, Eisen, that was talking about Burrows-Chase.  Not sure of his source, but it sounded like Chase was advocating shutting down Burrows for the first four games to allow him to heal.  Posited they could be 1-3 anyway and at least they would have a healthy Burrow afterwards.  Now he is likely to play with an injury for more games which just might dig them a record hole they can't recover from.

4 minutes ago, wjag said:

I was listening to a talking head today, Eisen, that was talking about Burrows-Chase.  Not sure of his source, but it sounded like Chase was advocating shutting down Burrows for the first four games to allow him to heal.  Posited they could be 1-3 anyway and at least they would have a healthy Burrow afterwards.  Now he is likely to play with an injury for more games which just might dig them a record hole they can't recover from.

That's exactly my point.

And now with 7 teams making the playoffs, the Bengals could probably squeak in at 9-8, so why not bite the bullet and rest him now?

On 10/2/2023 at 7:29 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Why does Burrow get the injury excuse and Allen didn't last year even though Allens injury was more serious and more impactful in actually throwing the football?  Curious, have you watched a Bengals game?  Burrow does not look good at all, and it goes beyond anything to do with his calf.  

Your legs are literally everything. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am not saying Burrow having a calf injury isn't valid...Im saying its BS how Burrow and Allen are not be treated the same where Allen did not get the same benefit of the doubt while playing through a worse injury last year and instead was being labeled as "regressing" and "overrated"

The criticism of burrow right now is way more intense than the criticism of allen after his injury. Simply look around nfl coverage on the internet. You’re manufacturing an inaccurate narrative in the name of homer-dom. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The criticism of burrow right now is way more intense than the criticism of allen after his injury. Simply look around nfl coverage on the internet. You’re manufacturing an inaccurate narrative in the name of homer-dom. 

Yeah. Even here in Cincinnati people are starting to talk about that Mike Brown is forcing Zac Taylor to play him. Also, people are asking if he lost his motivation after getting paid. People are noticing that he seems to have little trouble stepping up in the pocket, but he is still taking sacks and not seeing wide open guys. It’s really bizarre.

Everyone is all... but his poor calfeez.  Meanwhile...

Head coach Zac Taylor confirmed that Burrow will continue as the team's starting quarterback against the Cardinals in Week Five. Taylor also said that he's confident that Burrow is healthy enough to run the offense despite the impact of the calf injury. “It is what it is."

Edited by Scott7975

3 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Did any of the Chiseled jawline, vibrant blonde hair/blue eyes and perfect smile factor in? Lol

I don't even like dewdz and that guy is the dreamiest guy in the league. If my girls over we don't watch Rams games 🤣🤣🤣

@Simon No comment:cry:

Also make sure you don't turn on any 49ers games for obvious reasons!🤣

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

32 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yeah that'd be because besides the Vikings game immediately following his injury that we barely lost, Josh would win his next 8 games despite his injury.

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Allen didn't get the injury benefit of the doubt when he had an injury to his throwing elbow, which is more significant than a calf injury.  It’s not like Burrow can't walk or something out there.  Not saying legs are not important to a QB, saying Allens injury was more impactful than Burrows yet all the talk was Allen is regressing, not that the injury could be impacting him.

Ok Burrows in 3 years has been to the AFCCG game twice and the SB once.. He has already surpassed everything Allen has done so far in less time. So until Allen or rather the Bills make it deep into the playoffs he will be judge harsher than those who have.  It may not be fair but it’s the way it is

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok Burrows in 3 years has been to the AFCCG game twice and the SB once.. He has already surpassed everything Allen has done so far in less time. So until Allen or rather the Bills make it deep into the playoffs he will be judge harsher than those who have.  It may not be fair but it’s the way it is

Maybe this year Allen’s defense will give up 19 PPG in the postseason like Burrow has enjoyed in his playoff career and not the 29 PPG that Allen has had to overcome.

Some People are simpletons.

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Well, that last part is really the most important one.  

This isn't golf or tennis. Burrow's teams have gone farther than Allen's teams, to this point.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.