Dolphins @ Bills Postgame thread

djp14150

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The Dolphins board brought up a point (yes, I hate to credit them anything, and take it with a grain of salt)

The Dolphins had been putting their man into motion right before the snap. And it works wonders because it caused confusion with assignments.

McDermott looked at this trend and realized it was a better cue than a snap count and used that the time rushers, meaning that whoever was coming on a blitz had a jump. With that, whenever the first read wasn't there Tua was rushed and made bad calls. 

I think that coupled with Tua's head was always looking in the direction of his first read at the snap allowed Rousseau and White to blitz from his left side without worrying about covering that side of the field.  Miami is going to need to throw a few times to opposite direction of the flow to counter that.

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Bummer disclaimer.

Anybody wanna talk about how impactful Miami's offensive line injuries were today? From being down their starting OC at kickoff, to losing their LT in-game...

That progression of o-line unavailability no doubt helped the Bills tremendously. Armstead left the game late in the 2nd quarter, right around the time the Bills defense was absolutely locking down the Dolphins offense.

Go to to FinHeaven and that is all they talk about.  They are the only team that gets injuries and the only team that gets bad calls from the refs.  

You have to overcome injuries.  Last year we lost pretty much the entire secondary and never had any games with all the starters - we still finished 13-3.   

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Go to to FinHeaven and that is all they talk about.  They are the only team that gets injuries and the only team that gets ball calls from the ref.  

You have to overcome injuries.  Last year we lost pretty much the entire secondary and never had any games with all the starters - we still finished 13-3.   

After last year... and now we've already lost Tre for the season, I don't want to hear about injuries from other teams.  

Especially tired of the Joe Burrow stuff, given Allen played half of last year with an injury to his throwing elbow.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Bockeye said:

Did the Bills just give the league the playbook on how to stop the “high scoring” Miami Offense or is just because we have such a good D?

Lots of really good X’s and O’s Experts on this board - what say you??

McDermott definitely exposed a few things that other teams will use against Miami in the future. 

However, scheme alone only gets you so far - you have to have the horses and they have to execute. 

We have some very good, and even underrated, players on defense.  For example, most teams do not have LBs that fly to the ball like Milano and Bernard.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

After last year... and now we've already lost Tre for the season, I don't want to hear about injuries from other teams.  

Especially tired of the Joe Burrow stuff, given Allen played half of last year with an injury to his throwing elbow.  

I don’t want to hear anymore about the calf.

That happened in July.

He’s got round the clock care, and has played 4 games now. 

If he threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs it would be story after story about what a warrior he is, what a leader he is.

Like you said, the media gave Allen 0 pass last year with the elbow. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah motion has to be very choreographed if you want that player to be able to hit the LOS at speed.......which, with enough tape, makes it a tell of both the likely play choice and when the ball will be snapped.

I've been listening to talking heads wonder in astonishment about how you stop it and I've been surprised that none of them had even mentioned it.

I mean there are certainly other ways to use motion. It can be used to force a defense to show who is supposed to cover in man, or make a bunch formation. We didn't completely invalidate its use.

But yes, it seems like a logical way to fight the "send Hill in motion to get a running start. Hill fast!" That seemed to be their passing playbook.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I don’t want to hear anymore about the calf.

That happened in July.

He’s got round the clock care, and has played 4 games now. 

If he threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs it would be story after story about what a warrior he is, what a leader he is.

Like you said, the media gave Allen 0 pass last year with the elbow. 

The excuses Burrow is receiving from the media over this calf is insane. Like hes the first QB to play injured. Injury or not he STINKS!

If he is the second best QB in the league, like many fans and media believed, you dont play this bad over a 4-game stretch ever.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Not going to stifle conversation by closing it, but I'll unpin it after lunch.

oh i get it.

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

looking at what?

5 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

None of us play for the team though. 

i just don't want us to get too ful lof ourselves like the fins did after the 70 pt game

48 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Go to to FinHeaven and that is all they talk about.  They are the only team that gets injuries and the only team that gets bad calls from the refs.  

Hamlin+ Johnson entire game safties for the heat stroke game Miami won.

***** off with injury excuses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.