Week 4, Bills favored by 3 over Dolphins

Chaos

5 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I heard on WGR this morning about 75% or 80% of the money was going on the Dolphins... 

People are hyped about the 70 points. I hope there's a lot of unhappy bettors Sunday evening.

But the line hasn't moved.  I heard that the public money is on Miami but the sharps are taking the Bills.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

Fins have a gimmicky team. The gimmick won't work all the time and their team will never win a Superbowl like this. 

I do believe the "smoke and mirrors" that has elevated the play of a very weak OL will be exposed by better Defenses like the Bills. 

Bills are a well rounded, solid football team playing at home in a difficult environment. Bills have owned the Dolphins the last several years, even the last loss was a flukey 22 game , where the offense had nearly 500 yards, but made several bone-headed miscues in Q4 that cost them the game. 

I like Buffalo here. I feel the Bills D-line will be a huge reason for the win. They'll get some pressure and limit the run. I think they will still gash us now and then , but the Bills will keep it contained and stave off bleeding. Longer more methodical drives by the offense will add to keep Miami O off the field. I expect the crowd and pass coverage to knock off Tua just enough to open up some mistakes by Miami. 

The Bills have almost always moved the ball against the Phins D with ease, and I expect that to continue. The Online has been tested against some stout DLs and pass rushers, and looked tough and highly improved. It's not gimmicks that are making that unit look like the class of the AFCE. 

The Bills routinely put up major points on this group, but the problems on O are bone headed errors- turnovers, penalties, and goofs. I expect the Bills to play a cleaner game, and run the ball better. 

Final 31-21 Bills

What’s their gimmick exactly? 

I posted this in the Kincaid thread, but it probably belongs here.

If you look at the season schedule as a whole, this is the first game that you'd bring out different looks as an OC.

I am really looking forward to seeing some innovated uses of some of the new weapons on the Bills.

If we don't see that I will be a bit disappointed in Dorsey and Josh.

This is the game to begin to show what Kincaid, Harty, Shakir and Sherfield can do.  Knox has more TDs against the Dolphins than any other team.

Show me what you got Ken!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

39 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I didn't take it like that. 

But also think Jordan at 80% (just hypothetical) isn't as good as Rapp at 100%-- at least this week, with the speed and dynamic passing attack of Miamis.

Depends what type of defensive plan Coach has up his sleeve.  If it's a mostly soft/2 deep shell, safety play is even more mitigated/less impactful.  

Not to downplay Po absence, but this game was likely coming down to our front 4 and ability to limit YAC on defense.  And our offense being able to sustain/finish drives.

Agreed.  I'm not suggesting a permament benching but rather a recognition that two healthy knees on every DB is required for this one.  So take the week and heal up fully.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I heard on WGR this morning about 75% or 80% of the money was going on the Dolphins... 

People are hyped about the 70 points. I hope there's a lot of unhappy bettors Sunday evening.

33 minutes ago, NBDawg15 said:

But the line hasn't moved.  I heard that the public money is on Miami but the sharps are taking the Bills.

Correct. From what I’m seeing nearly 80% of the sharps are betting bills…. It’s obviously no sure thing. But thats generally the trail you wanna follow. 

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

Sort of

What I'm seeing is over 80% handle is on MIA+125 which is not surprising given they're a trendy dog, public can go nuts on that ML

but spread doesn't support a strong feeling either way imo Bills taking around 35% handle and same %of bets...what people do love is the over which means the house play this week is Bills-3 and the under 

Miami looks really good. But i’m not sure how good Buffalo is yet?.  The D looks like it could be the best we’ve seen in this era of winning.  And if Allen continues to play relatively clean games, and converts 3rd downs at this clip,  the Bills should cover.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Maybe they think the Jets defense bounces back and the point margin is to big?

Not sure if the wise guys knew this was coming but KC linebacker Nick Bolton has now been ruled out.  He’s been flying all over the place so that’s a loss for the Chiefs D.

I know Vegas has us favored, but nobody else seems to think we have a chance. I hope we can prove people wrong.

I will say this, if we lose, I am going to remain super salty with how our offseason was handled this year. After what The Bengals did to us, I thought we would try and get some more weapons for Josh. We added some running backs, but we need another deep threat IMHO. Watching all the good teams get better while remaining stagnant is not ideal imho.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Aimee75 said:

I know Vegas has us favored, but nobody else seems to think we have a chance. I hope we can prove people wrong.

I will say this, if we lose, I am going to remain super salty with how our offseason was handled this year. After what The Bengals did to us, I thought we would try and get some more weapons for Josh. We added some running backs, but we need another deep threat IMHO. Watching all the good teams get better while remaining stagnant is not ideal imho.

Throw 86 the ball.... beyond 5 yards. 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I've seen 23 professional predictions so far and it's pretty split on who they're picking with the slight edge going to Buffalo. 13 picking Buffalo and 10 picking the Dolphins.

Just because they didn't get a true #2 doesn't mean we didn't get weapons for Josh. We got the best pass catcher in the draft but he's a rookie. Give him some time.

I get it, we all wanted a true #2. But our RBs are weapons in their own right as well. Cook has the third most yards through the first three games since Spiller in 2012 and Harris/Murray are getting the tough yards that'll save JA from taking too many hits.

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I've seen 23 professional predictions so far and it's pretty split on who they're picking with the slight edge going to Buffalo. 13 picking Buffalo and 10 picking the Dolphins.

Just because they didn't get a true #2 doesn't mean we didn't get weapons for Josh. We got the best pass catcher in the draft but he's a rookie. Give him some time.

I get it, we all wanted a true #2. But our RBs are weapons in their own right as well. Cook has the third most yards through the first three games since Spiller in 2012 and Harris/Murray are getting the tough yards that'll save JA from taking too many hits.

Go Bills!

I just finished watching Stephen A, Bart Scott and Ryan Clark all say Buffalo virtually has no chance, and that Josh will have to put on his Superman cape(pretty sure Ryan called Josh "dumb" in his analogy) and that we won't be able to stop them, so it will be Superman Josh trying to make miracles happen to keep up with Miami. I feel like I have yet to see any segments where Buffalo is being given a chance. I know at the end of the day it doesn't matter what they say, and what matters is what happens on the field, but I am feeling doom and gloom right now.

17 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Nobody except the sharps.

Just now, Aimee75 said:

I just finished watching Stephen A, Bart Scott and Ryan Clark all say Buffalo virtually has no chance, and that Josh will have to put on his Superman cape(pretty sure Ryan called Josh "dumb" in his analogy) and that we won't be able to stop them, so it will be Superman Josh trying to make miracles happen to keep up with Miami. I feel like I have yet to see any segments where Buffalo is being given a chance. I know at the end of the day it doesn't matter what they say, and what matters is what happens on the field, but I am feeling doom and gloom right now.

Don’t watch bart Scott, ever. 

A fair amount are picking the bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Are you surprised with the crew? as predictable as the sun rising in the morning. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I saw our old friend Marcel Louis-Jacques predicted that Miami would put up 500+ yards against our D on Sunday.  Does anyone think that's a realistic possibility, especially in Buffalo?

do you?

Jets Total Net Yards 289

Raiders Total Net Yards 240

Washington Total Net Yards 212

something tells me the talking head, is all talk. no way they put up 500

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Aimee75 said:

Approx 2/3 of what I'm seeing are picking the Bills

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Nobody except the sharps.

Don’t watch bart Scott, ever. 

A fair amount are picking the bills

Believe me, I felt ashamed watching Bart AND Stephen A, but Ryan Clark is usually reasonable, but he seems to think it's going to be Josh vs the whole Miami team, and that Josh will try and do too much and fall short. I don't know, I felt bummed after watching it. Maybe because it's just feeding into my own worries about this game. I feel like Miami looks way more cohesive right now, and feel like The Bills are still trying to find their rhythm. I hate how negative I am feeling about this one.

38 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Are you surprised with the crew? as predictable as the sun rising in the morning. 

I do agree about that. 

I guess they are just feeding into my own fears about this game. Man, I want nothing more than for The Bills to prove them wrong this week.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Believe me, I felt ashamed watching Bart AND Stephen A, but Ryan Clark is usually reasonable, but he seems to think it's going to be Josh vs the whole Miami team, and that Josh will try and do too much and fall short. I don't know, I felt bummed after watching it. Maybe because it's just feeding into my own worries about this game. I feel like Miami looks way more cohesive right now, and feel like The Bills are still trying to find their rhythm. I hate how negative I am feeling about this one.

I do agree about that. 

I guess they are just feeding into my own fears about this game. Man, I want nothing more than for The Bills to prove them wrong this week.

I hear ya.  Miamis been en fuego.  

I’m really high on our d right now.  I love our DL.  They’ll decide the game imo.  If they can bottle up the run, I think we win.  Ed has been best player thus far imo.  So much versatility along the line and LBs.  DL winning their matchups + a good McD scheme.  I believe in him as our DC.  

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.