Early morning gameday thoughts

Buffalo716

Love the line .. love our Bills

The season is young and we have a bright year on the horizon... the bills (and Josh) got the kinks out week 1

But the year is long and we have a lot of talent ... A 3 RB deep roster that has moved to a power scheme predominantly to try and take the load of Josh

Who seems to have rehabbed from a elbow injury that hurt his short rhythm passing... A big part of Josh's injury last year that a lot of people don't talk about... Is how that UCL injury effects the dart throws... The the quick release throws that Josh can thrive in

From a physical standpoint it was a lot easier for him to throw the ball down the field last year... Because the quick dark throws hurt a lot more

With an improved interior line.. more speed at the running back position.. and an enhanced group of pass catchers.. I expect an offense that will improve throughout the season and be peaking when it matters most

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Heck-of-a-sentence incoming: Is it generally agreed-upon by Bills fans that IF the OP is correct, meaning Allen/the offense actually improves all season and peaks in Jan/Feb, that our defense is probably just good enough to carry its weight just often enough?

Listen no matter how much I know about football.. I'm not playing for the bills tomorrow

I think we have the right pieces.. young and veteran to mold into a really good team

We're getting an All Star pass rusher back.. HoFr

Our middle linebacker is just getting his feet wet

People are going to be surprised by 32-year-old latavius Murray... And Damian Harris

And James Cook is icing on the cake

I love how we're built

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Heck-of-a-sentence incoming: Is it generally agreed-upon by Bills fans that IF the OP is correct, meaning Allen/the offense actually improves all season and peaks in Jan/Feb, that our defense is probably just good enough to carry its weight just often enough?

No, I think history has proven otherwise 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

I'm not buying any Sam Howell hype. This is a disheveled team with a hail mary at QB after two games, not some brain trust. He's extremely scuffed Baker Mayfield at best right now. Give me Rousseau 2+ sacks. Bills dominate, and if not, we should all be concerned.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

I'm not buying any Sam Howell hype. This is a disheveled team with a hail mary at QB after two games, not some brain trust. He's extremely scuffed Baker Mayfield at best right now. Give me Rousseau 2+ sacks. Bills dominate, and if not, we should all be concerned.

Scuffed Baker Mayfield 

Ryan Fitzpatrick NOT Harvard

Jake locker sans steroids 

Love the Bills at -5.5 today.

This team has established a pattern over the past few years; when we win, we win big, and unless something crazy happens getting the healthy Bills laying less than a TD against a decidedly inferior opponent is about as good a wager as you can find in today’s NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Block the front four, keep Josh under control. 

Agreed with the excitement from the OP.  Also, agree if we can block Washington's DLine we should have a great day.  It will help Josh make good decisons.  Their DLine is very good though and hitting their stride.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

No, I think history has proven otherwise 

This isn’t Fraziers Charmin Soft Defense any longer. I think we’ve seen more attitude and attack in two games than the last two seasons combined 

If the OP theory stands-and it makes some sense it will-our D will make the plays needed to allow the O it’s opportunities.   Full team play using both sides of the ball.   Pedal down for a full 4 quarters and if we get beat playing hard we get beat.  It’s the bend don’t break prevent us from winning Defense that needed to go. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

the defense is certainly passable and if you add back Miller in a meaningfully close to peak form it becomes not just passable for a contender but an asset 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm expecting a big game from Stefon today. The emotion of the injury to his brother will show. He will dedicate the season to Trevon. 

Stef’s hometown & alma mater nearby.

Edited by Mr Info
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nelius said:

He’s got tools but he’s very raw. Play a confusing and attacking defense and I think he’s toast. 

He COULD be a good QB in a few years, but let’s eat him alive today. 

From ESPN (late August): "The Commanders' offensive line allowed 48 sacks in 2022, the seventh-most in the NFL. ESPN also had Washington ranked 26th in pressure percentage." 

If Floyd is healthy, the D-line could get some real heat on Howell, who has good pocket presence but tends to hold onto the ball waiting for the deep routes to open up. With a strong rush and an improved secondary, that should translate into sacks and interceptions. You never know, but I'll be watching Rousseau and Oliver in particular, and maybe blitzes from Bernard and Milano.

• Agree 1

I think this Washington D is going to provide a very strong test to Josh Allen's patience. 

Can he trust his Online and his D, and take what the defense is giving without getting frustrated and trying to force plays that aren't there? 

It's going to be a wet, sloppy game. Ball security, sticking to fundamentals on defense. Stop the run. 

Edited by Motorin'

3 minutes ago, finn said:

From ESPN (late August): "The Commanders' offensive line allowed 48 sacks in 2022, the seventh-most in the NFL. ESPN also had Washington ranked 26th in pressure percentage." 

If Floyd is healthy, the D-line could get some real heat on Howell, who has good pocket presence but tends to hold onto the ball waiting for the deep routes to open up. With a strong rush and an improved secondary, that should translate into sacks and interceptions. You never know, but I'll be watching Rousseau and Oliver in particular, and maybe blitzes from Bernard and Milano.

Be patient today and let the Commanders make the first of many mistakes. 

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I expect an offense that will improve throughout the season and be peaking when it matters most

It's such a long season I feel like it is hard to say if the Bills will be peaking at the right time or not. It's really a grind now with the 17 games and only one playoff bye. And we know eventually they are going to go to 18 games withing the next 10 years most likely. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.