Meanwhile over in Bengal land, there is weeping and gnashing of teeth

Chaos

6 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

This was our board last Tuesday!!

Exactly. But people here think that Zac Taylor is an “offensive genius” who “outcoached” McDermott. People here in Cincinnati want him fired. Unless you’re a chiefs fan there is a substantial portion of your fellow fans who want the coach fired.

the Bengals host the Rams and then go to Tennessee. They don’t get their “get right” game until they go to Arizona after that. They have a real chance to be 0-4.

Edited by FrenchConnection

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Exactly. But people here think that Zac Taylor is an “offensive genius” who “outcoached” McDermott. People here in Cincinnati want him fired. Unless you’re a chiefs fan there is a substantial portion of your fellow fans who want the coach fired.

the Bengals host the Rams and then go to Tennessee. They don’t get their “get right” game until they go to Arizona after that. They have a real chance to be 0-4.

LOL I would bet money that in 2021, when the Chiefs were 3-3 after 6 games, you would have found some "fire Reid" clamoring in Chiefs Kingdom.

Rams could be a get-right game.  Kind of depends upon which Matthew Stafford shows up.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Imagine a calf injury affecting your ability to pass the football Vs a throwing elbow hyper extension which to some is just an excuse. 

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here.  Are you implying a calf injury does not affect a QB's throwing ability? 

It's my understanding that throwing a football at a professional level starts with the feet and legs and sequences through the hips, torso, shoulder, and arm

Isn't that what Josh has talked about with changing his throwing motion, that when it was mapped he learned that he wasn't sequencing correctly so that his throwing motion was all upper body, and that to achieve accuracy he had to learn to change his motion so he harvested power from his feet?  Hasn't Burrow talked about improving his throwing velocity by how he used his feet, planting more firmly and pushing off with more force?

Edit:  here

https://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/33304/how-joe-burrows-improved-velocity-could-have-bengals-thinking-playoffs

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/23/jordan-palmer-joe-burrow-improved-throw-velocity-bengals/

Anyway, if a UCL is an excuse, surely a calf injury is an excuse, but I think they both can significantly impact throwing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If Zac Taylor was the coach here Bills fans would have shown up at his house with pitchforks or spray painted a ***** on his front lawn. 

He is a sub .500 career coach who has been very lucky to, at the same time, have a good qb on a rookie contract and still pick top 5 in the draft during that time period. 

One team I will never have any respect for.  

Note:  The starred out word isn't what you think it is.  Very scientific term.

Edited by thenorthremembers

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

If Zac Taylor was the coach here Bills fans would have shown up at his house with pitchforks or spray painted a ***** on his front lawn. 

He is a sub .500 career coach who has been very lucky to, at the same time, have a good qb on a rookie contract and still pick top 5 in the draft during that time period. 

One team I will never have any respect for.  

Note:  The starred out word isn't what you think it is.  Very scientific term.

I’d like to buy a vowel.

• Haha (+1) 3

12 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I take no joy in another fanbase’s misery unless it’s the Patriots.  

I take joy in just about every fanbase's misery, because it's just football and it is probably the most harmless thing to practice a little schadenfreude in.

Edited by MJS

13 minutes ago, arcane said:

Four of Zac Taylor's five seasons as coach of the Bengals have started 0-2

Ok well in the spirit and context of the discussion, and in that case are they really ok?

2-14 2019 (did start 0-2)

4-11 2020 (did start 0-2)

10-7 2021 (did not start 0-2)

12-4 2022 (did start 0-2)

0-2 2023

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.