TNF: Vikings @ Eagles

EmotionallyUnstable

6 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Actually slightly impressed with the Vikings they could have folded after the Commander Kirk fumble. 
They’ve  dug a hole for themselves but that division really doesn’t seem all that difficult 

I agree with you - I thought the Vikes were cooked but they kept fighting.

Cousins got the crap beaten out of him.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
17 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think the Chiefs already did that.

Last season. This season I'd be shocked. And really the Eagles should have won if Hurts hadn't inexplicably dropped the ball.

For all the talk about the AFC being a gauntlet, the Eagles, 49ers, and Cowboys all look pretty clearly like the best teams in the league IMO.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Last season. This season I'd be shocked. And really the Eagles should have won if Hurts hadn't inexplicably dropped the ball.

For all the talk about the AFC being a gauntlet, the Eagles, 49ers, and Cowboys all look pretty clearly like the best teams in the league IMO.

I don’t know about the Cowboys, but agree that Eagles and 49ers are best teams in NFL.  They physically dominate you.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

You’re watching the Vikings, and despite the loss, it’s clear Kirk has chemistry with Jefferson and Hockenson. He finds those guys despite a crappy OLine, no run game, Osbourne dropping the ball constantly. 

Here in Buffalo it’s a scattered mess behind Diggs. 

Not being able to figure out how to do anything with Hines last year is a red flag on this offensive staff when it comes to me believing they can find ways to unlock Kincaid (and Knox). Can you think of anything, last year they couldn’t find a way to use him as a running back or a pass catcher. 

We are (or most of us will eventually) come to the joint understanding that Gabe Davis flat out sucks, but that means this offense has to revolve around the money investments.

But Week One Kincaid is getting 1.6 air yards/play and nobody else is involved in the pass game but Diggs. 

Allen, Dorsey and that Tight End room

have to figure out how to consistently get utilized. Because waiting for Gabe to do something is going to be the restrictor plate on this engine.

Similar to the Hines point, no way do they figure out how to use Sherfield, Shakir or Harty. 

Harty is stuck in the exact role McKenzie was in. Goofy dump offs at the LOS, an occasional reverse, but never in motion towards the line of scrimmage at the snap, no drag routes. He’s going to be 2-4 touches per game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Relax. It’s week 2 for gods sake. Remember the Bills after 2 weeks last season?

Edited by AlfaBill

Two things stood out to me in this game:

Vikings made a business decision to not resign Dalvin Cook.  He was very good for them and super productive.  After two games Mattison has 62 yards and a couple fumbles i think.  They have no running game now.

Eagles basically traded a 4th round pick for D'Andre Swift.  That guy is good.  Why can't the Bills do something like that?  When you see a RB with those skills it's worth a 4th rounder.  He's explosive and powerful and has great hands.

anyone seen this?  Hopefully it will shift all the usual suspects who have been obsessed with talking about allen and diggs to these two

also with each year it seems more and more like the nfl exists to keep all the cottage industries it birthed flush with content.  Twitter film reviewers, Bloggers, fake insiders, Draft analysts, National and Local talk shows and also to simply sell products.  NFL games seemingly keep becoming more and more an advertisement for products...mostly terrible food, beer and luxury vehicles.   

The games just seem secondary.  

https://x.com/_MLFootball/status/1702512367106498803?s=20

Edited by MikePJ76
I am an idiot who can not post links correctly

12 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don’t know about the Cowboys, but agree that Eagles and 49ers are best teams in NFL.  They physically dominate you.  

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I have no idea who the best teams are. One week (and 2 meh games from the Eagles) is nowhere near enough to determine that 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.