Beane’s failures on full display

Shanahan's Horseshoe

1. Power back usage to get DL to back off a little. I like Cook but the offense should not be built on a guy that can’t break tackles

2. Tre run tackling 

3. Brown

4. OT pass to Knox. Should have been caught but why are you going to him 

5. Sherfield, where was he

6. MLB ??

7. Coaches. Every time the camera went to Josh there were no coaches around talking to him. he looked lost 

8. liked more aggressive blitz, compared to last year, but it was reason for the 80 yard run. That QB isn’t driving 95 yards down the field

9. Run defense

10. Kincaid Knox middle of field passes non existent 

7 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Brown had a couple bad things including the false start.  Overall held up OK

Bernard was not the reason they had a couple great runs, and overall the D held them all game.

Cook was gaining a lot of yards going outside, and we win the game if Josh got the ball a little farther out when Cook beat his guy in that wheel route.

This game was on Josh.  He sucked.

7 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Many of Beane’s picks made plays last night. Allen gave the game away.

6 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Agree, placing this loss on anyone other than our QB or OC is dumb.  They really are the only two who had awful games.  

6 hours ago, buffblue said:

You do realize that the Jets have one of the best defensive fronts in football, yes? 

Any discussion on why the Bills lost this football games starts and ends with Josh Allen's moronic decision making and inability to not put the ball in harms way

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

This game is on 17. Plain and simple.  Dude looked absolutely lost. Made horrendous throws. I mean throwing into double and triple coverage.. Inexcusable.  I'm not even upset like usual, they deserved the L. It was like a continuation of the Bengals game for the O. The D was fine. 

Zch Wilson outplayed him

I’m trying to find in my OG post where I said it was anyone’s fault.  
I clearly said that “Beane’s failures were on full display”

All off-season long there was a large contingent on here that could not believe that Beane did nothing to address RT or MLB in the draft or even bring in any veteran competition. I posted last week that Zach Cunningham, who now starts for the Eagles and was available until the first week of August.

I’ve also repeatedly said that Cook is not a 20 touch RB.  He’s never been dating all the way back to high school.  He’s light in the a$$, isn’t physical enough for pass pro and gets taken down way too easy. He’s a nice complimentary back but he was an awful pick in the 2nd round. 
I clearly acknowledged joshes and Dorsey’s role in the failure of last night. But that wasn’t the point of my post.  The point was all off-season these three positions were major concern and they all played like garbage last night.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

All off-season long there was a large contingent on here that could not believe that Beane did nothing to address RT or MLB in the draft or even bring in any veteran competition. I posted last week that Zach Cunningham, who now starts for the Eagles and was available until the first week of August.

I’ve also repeatedly said that Cook is not a 20 touch RB.  He’s never been dating all the way back to high school.  He’s light in the a$$, isn’t physical enough for pass pro and gets taken down way too easy. He’s a nice complimentary back but he was an awful pick in the 2nd round. 
I clearly acknowledged joshes and Dorsey’s role in the failure of last night. But that wasn’t the point of my post.  The point was all off-season these three positions were major concern and they all played like garbage last night.  

So he got Harris who is solid to complement Cook. Brought in Shell who retired at RT, can't give up on Brown yet, he hasn't been that bad. And as far as mlb , we went with youth , can't pay every position,  there's something called a salary cap. I thought Beane had a great off season. McGovern and Floyd looked great.

2 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

And my point is you ridiculously over exaggerate when you say each played like garbage.  You have decided the theee guys there stink so if anything goes wrong you’re going to blame those three guys regardless.

Last night’s game was lost because of Josh.

2 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

All off-season long there was a large contingent on here that could not believe that Beane did nothing to address RT or MLB in the draft or even bring in any veteran competition. I posted last week that Zach Cunningham, who now starts for the Eagles and was available until the first week of August......

they all played like garbage last night.  

What a nightmare...

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

1. Spencer Brown sucks. That’s it. He sucks and Beane had plenty of chances to bring in competition. Josh doesn’t trust him. 

2. MLB is a disaster and not bringing in a vet to compete was an obvious blunder. Bernard just jumping into gaps was something I’ve never seen before from a NFL MLB. 

3. Cook is not a lead back and has never been a lead back. Not in high school, not in college and certainly not in the NFL. You could sneeze on the guy and he’d fall down. 

Josh was terrible today and Dorsey was brutal but Beane’s failures were on full display tonight. 

Listen I talked about this before the season and the Beane/McDermot fanboys went after me hard.  The roster is old,  we have huge money tied up in older guys and Beanne was had terrible drafts wasting endless top picks.  This was not a Super Bowl team last season and they are not one this season.  Right on about Cook,  why are they drafting him in the second round when he is too small to be a lead back. Once you get past Milano the LB'S are hot garbage

I just wished Pegula just never gave both Beanne and McDermot extensions because I don't think they pair well. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Don't understand why you are focusing so much on the running back position as though it was even remotely close to being a top reason for the Bills losing the game

i was responding to your acceptance of lousy production as “fine”.  

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

can't give up on Brown yet, he hasn't been that bad. 

Brown has consistently been one of the worst starting rts in the league since day 1 three years ago, it's laughable that he is still starting on a team with SB aspirations. The oline should have been a top priority after drafting Allen, period.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

And my point is you ridiculously over exaggerate when you say each played like garbage.  You have decided the theee guys there stink so if anything goes wrong you’re going to blame those three guys regardless.

Last night’s game was lost because of Josh.

PFF Grades for Jets game

Bernard 44

Brown 56

Cook 64

I know everyone hates PFF when they don’t agree with the numbers but yes, they played like garbage. Cook was the best performer out of the 3 and couldn’t break a tackle by a JV linebacker.  Breece Hall, same round/draft, looked better off the ACL but maybe because Bernard was routinely jumping into the wrong gaps. 😂

16 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

1. Spencer Brown sucks. That’s it. He sucks and Beane had plenty of chances to bring in competition. Josh doesn’t trust him. 

2. MLB is a disaster and not bringing in a vet to compete was an obvious blunder. Bernard just jumping into gaps was something I’ve never seen before from a NFL MLB. 

3. Cook is not a lead back and has never been a lead back. Not in high school, not in college and certainly not in the NFL. You could sneeze on the guy and he’d fall down. 

Josh was terrible today and Dorsey was brutal but Beane’s failures were on full display tonight. 

When did Major League Baseball become a disaster?

• Haha (+1) 1

It makes me wonder what Beane and his staff are doing during the season.  SF gets one of the better RBs for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th while Baltimore gets LB Roquan Smith for a 2nd and 5th.

Did the salary cap implications prevent them from pursuing such deals or were they not even aware of the possibilities?

I know trading for Smith in mid season may have not made total sense with Edmunds still on the team but he would’ve been a big boost for the run defense.

McCaffrey would’ve made an already good offense elite.  Perhaps Cook and Kincaid will contribute towards that but it would’ve been nice adding a proven prime commodity.

20 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

1. Dewand Jones is 6'8" 375 pounds and played at Ohio State. We passed on him in the 3rd and instead took a 223 pound linebacker from Tulane. He went early in the 4th Round. And Jack Conklin lasted one series before tearing his ACL and MCL and Jones is now starting on one of the best lines in the league and completely neutralized Trey Hendrickson. 

2. MLB, yeah I just saw a converted Safety getting engulfed when they foolishly tried to blitz him. Kirksey needs to be starting this week. 

3. Cook has some juice, but the Bills have abandoned the run like several teams in the league. And this team struggles to get more than one back involved going back to Fred and Spiller. 

4. Gabe Davis is awful. The 49ers start Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk. We have Stefon Diggs and Gabe Davis. Just like Ed Oliver, there is NO need to re-sign him. Let him walk and steal money from some other franchise. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Billznut said:

I firmly believe Allen sees Dorsey as a peer than more of a boss or superior.  Allen hand picked Dorsey to succeed Daboll. It wouldn’t have happened unless Josh agreed to it. I think the single best thing the Bills could do is replace Dorsey with a seasoned veteran OC with a winning and proven resume that would hopefully instantly wake up Allen and give him someone he respects, believes, listens to. Allen needs a superior as OC, not a peer. 

There’s a lot of time left this season BUT if things go sideways the first domino will be Dorsey at the end of the year and the Bills will bring in an OC to “fix” Josh

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.