Anyone else sick of the Jets Hype??

PatsFanNH

46 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Jets got a (in football years) very old QB, could they strike lightning once like the Bucs did? Maybe but then again the Bucs made it to the playoffs as a wildcard team and they started off poorly till Brady pretty much took over the team culture.. (or at least that what they said) So maybe they tank and Rogers does Roger type things and pouts about it.

As for Miami, they are getting the hype, IMO because they hung with the Bills last year with a 3rd string QB.. so all the “smart” talking heads figure with Tua they will be unstoppable. (Flawed logic, but a logic to it as well)

They got hype because not only do they have a good defense, they have two receivers that are incredible. Their team goes as Tua's health goes. So the Jets cant get any hype because they have an old QB? But the Dolphins hype is ok because of a QB3? Your logic is very flawed.

30 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

People should go back and watch that game. The Bills were their own worst enemy in that game. They win by 20 if they didn’t play sloppy football half the game 

If you look at all 3 games vs the Fins last year. The Bills should have won the first game but lost. Statistically they dominated and went up and down the field all day but just couldn't finish drives. The Dolphins should have won the 2nd game but lost. I thought they had the better of the play most of the night. They were certainly running the ball down the Bills throats in this game. The playoff game you are right. That game was looking like a blowout for the first 20 minutes and then the Bills got sloppy. To the Dolphins credit they took advantage and made it a game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Jets got a (in football years) very old QB, could they strike lightning once like the Bucs did? Maybe but then again the Bucs made it to the playoffs as a wildcard team and they started off poorly till Brady pretty much took over the team culture.. (or at least that what they said) So maybe they tank and Rogers does Roger type things and pouts about it.

As for Miami, they are getting the hype, IMO because they hung with the Bills last year with a 3rd string QB.. so all the “smart” talking heads figure with Tua they will be unstoppable. (Flawed logic, but a logic to it as well)

Media doing media things.  Honestly, this game in week 1 worries me a bit.  It could be the toughest game on our schedule only because of the unknown.  Jets have played the Bills pretty tough.  I think Rodgers is not the same Rodgers but he is probably still good and better than what they had last season.

If the Jets lose a couple the media will be in a frenzy the opposite way.  Same with Miami.  Both clubs have built good rosters but neither has proven a dang thing.  Buffalo didn't get this attention until we made it to the AFC championship game.  Even that very year all the media was talking about how the Pats still own the division until proven otherwise lol.  Miami, Jets, Pats have been talked up every season. Bills got maybe 1-2 seasons of being hyped and that lasted 1 season. Now we are dog crap all of a sudden and some people even picking us last.

To be clear I don't care about any of this talk, but that is how it is.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I expect them to sadly be good, but all the fawning by experts saying how they will take the AFCE and ride into the SB is annoying. 

I have always disliked the Jets the most of any f the East rivals, but God it would be so nice to see them start off the year going

0-4 or 1-3.  It starts with your Bills knocking them off in Jersey, followed by games against Cowboys, Pats, and Chiefs.. so 1-3 could easily happen! 

My belated Labor Day present is a 28-17 win over the Jets and NH, you’re not wrong.  We’re all sick of the crap spewed out by the usual suspects.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Jets are the curiosity team this season. Flashed a lot of young talent last season but were dreadful at QB. This season they added a QB only a year removed from being MVP and a couple of other pieces. They are the shiny new toy and they are in a big media market so they are going to get a lot of attention. The Bills have been consistently good for 4 seasons now, but a sour playoff loss has made people hop off the bandwagon. 

Monday Night will see how well each team is compared to each other. I do expect the Jets to be good this season a 10-11 win team. I do think they even have a shot to win a playoff game with the right matchup. However, I just don't see them being better than the Bills. I think the Jets have issues at offensive tackle and at WR outside of Wilson who is a stud. 

I think that even if the Bills do lose on Monday it isn't over. But it should still be an interesting test. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

The Jets are the curiosity team this season. Flashed a lot of young talent last season but were dreadful at QB. This season they added a QB only a year removed from being MVP and a couple of other pieces. They are the shiny new toy and they are in a big media market so they are going to get a lot of attention. The Bills have been consistently good for 4 seasons now, but a sour playoff loss has made people hop off the bandwagon. 

Monday Night will see how well each team is compared to each other. I do expect the Jets to be good this season a 10-11 win team. I do think they even have a shot to win a playoff game with the right matchup. However, I just don't see them being better than the Bills. I think the Jets have issues at offensive tackle and at WR outside of Wilson who is a stud. 

I think that even if the Bills do lose on Monday it isn't over. But it should still be an interesting test. 

I agree to all of that. They are either going to do great, or they are going to crash and burn. As a lifelong Jets fan i expect the latter, its what we are accustomed to with this team. Its the media that is hyping it up and some of the Jets players are feeding off it. The fans of all teams have nothing to do with the hype for any of their teams, they are just there to support the team. 

• Like (+1) 3

I agree with the sentiment of the OT by Pats Fan, and it really is the media fueling this, but I am of the mindset that all three teams, Buffalo, Miami and the Jets could  finish with 10 or more wins each and that, honestly, if the cards fall right, the Pats could  finish with a winning record.

Man, this is all just about to get going.

Go Bills!

edit: media is fueling it, I meant.

corrected.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

It's no so much the hype they get, Miami as well. To me it's how dismissive they've become towards the Bills. Outside of mlb this team is just as good as the team that went 13-3 last year yet it's nothing but negativity. I get it though, outside of us fans they're tired of pumping up the Bills to get let down with their predictions. 

6 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I agree to all of that. They are either going to do great, or they are going to crash and burn. As a lifelong Jets fan i expect the latter, its what we are accustomed to with this team. Its the media that is hyping it up and some of the Jets players are feeding off it. The fans of all teams have nothing to do with the hype for any of their teams, they are just there to support the team. 

I think a 10-7 record with a 0-1 or 1-1 playoff record is somewhere in the middle of their expectations. I think the Jets will likely need to go 12-5 and make the AFCCG to meet some of the loftier expectations or come close. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

It's no so much the hype they get, Miami as well. To me it's how dismissive they've become towards the Bills. Outside of mlb this team is just as good as the team that went 13-3 last year yet it's nothing but negativity. I get it though, outside of us fans they're tired of pumping up the Bills to get let down with their predictions. 

The Bills are arguably better than they were going into last season when everyone was deeming the Bills the Super Bowl favorite and a 4 point betting favorite on the road in the opener against the defending Super Bowl Champions. But the pundits have turned on the Bills somewhat and the Jets and Fins are the new kids on the block getting a lot of attention. Which I am honestly fine with. After the tumultuous 2022 season (in which the Bills still won 13 games, their division and a playoff game despite the circumstances) the Bills improved on offense and are still a stout defense. 

The Bills on offense added the best guard and TE in the draft and a solid starting guard in Connor McGovern. They also made some smaller moves at RB and WR. Defensively the only major loss was Edumonds and with the additions of Floyd and Poona Ford the Bills might be better on defense in some aspects. 

3 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

They got hype because not only do they have a good defense, they have two receivers that are incredible. Their team goes as Tua's health goes. So the Jets cant get any hype because they have an old QB? But the Dolphins hype is ok because of a QB3? Your logic is very flawed.

Please reread. I said because they hung with the bills in the playoffs with a 3rd string QB was the reason for the hype.. Most “experts” think with Tua they beat Buffalo. Also FYI if you read it all I said it was flawed logic it logic anyways.. also they had Waddle and Hill 2 years ago and they have I think 2 (maybe 3) more years before cheetah retires.  So their window is closing.

4 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

I can't wait for Monday night!!! GO BILLS!! It will be tough but I suspect we get the win. I just hope Tre doesn't get torched again all night. Can't wait for the game. Excited to see Kincaid and Sherfield and Harris and Cook! Then our D with a new attitude and lenRod Floyd aka Pink.

I agree on White, I believe he’s a major factor one way or the other Monday and for the season as a whole.

White must return to form along with an at least average OL and this team has a shot to win it all.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Please reread. I said because they hung with the bills in the playoffs with a 3rd string QB was the reason for the hype.. Most “experts” think with Tua they beat Buffalo. Also FYI if you read it all I said it was flawed logic it logic anyways.. also they had Waddle and Hill 2 years ago and they have I think 2 (maybe 3) more years before cheetah retires.  So their window is closing.

They were hyped before the playoffs.

8 hours ago, Gregg said:

On the flip side if the Bills win. The fans and media in NYC will be crying all week. Jets go to Dallas in week 2 so the pressure to avoid an 0-2 start would be tremendous. If they lose that one, then the FIRE SALEH chants will be in full force for their week 3 game at MetLife against the Pats. 

Billy boy seems to have the Jets number in recent years 

8 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

I live in NYC suburbs and local sports radio is insufferable right now about the Jests... hope the Bills kick their arses sending Greeny et al into swoons... either way if Bills win these idiots here will be apoplectic but itll take them awhile to settle down... if Bills lose I may not be able to listen to the radio on the way to work for months... grrr

True, but the flipside is that if the Jets lose I may not be able to turn off NYC sports radio. 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Of course but I think it makes slightly more sense than the Fins hype, at least until old rugged coal miner looking Rodgers loses a game or two. I can tolerate it if it drowns out the Miami Superbowl potential nonsense, as if they have any consistency whatsoever at QB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.