Micah Hyde back injury (Update: Hyde was working at practice today)

Buffalo_Stampede

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Ugghhhhh who didn't see this coming?

The truly great NFL GM's in this league know when to move on from aging veterans and it was a massive mistake bringing back all these guys, especially at their current contracts.

This is why I predict that Rapp will supplant Hyde or Poyer as starter sooner than later so I guess give Beane credit for that contingency plan.

He signed a very reasonable contract and can plug Rapp in 

14 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Big picture it’s not a great sign as going into the season we all knew we were taking a big gamble with the age of our starting safeties. safeties that by the way, have been huge in the overall success of the defense since they arrived.

It would be one thing if they were just average safeties. It wouldn’t be as significant of a drop should their play and availability tail off.

Especially when you think neck and back. When you come back from one injury, you tend to get hurt in another area. Really hope it’s not serious but back (and neck) injuries linger.

14 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Big picture it’s not a great sign as going into the season we all knew we were taking a big gamble with the age of our starting safeties. safeties that by the way, have been huge in the overall success of the defense since they arrived.

It would be one thing if they were just average safeties. It wouldn’t be as significant of a drop should their play and availability tail off.

We have had the number 1 pass defense over the past 3 seasons in the entire NFL with Hyde missing almost a whole season and Tre missing basically a seasons worth of games and being a shell of himself when he got back.  

I don't think the concern is a big as you think it is.  This secondary is deep and also has a mix of young talent too.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Hyde essentially missed all of last season and is on the wrong side of 30. And now alas we are hearing about a back injury (which is obviously not a minor problem for anyone that has had back issues)

If it was up to me I would have moved on. Also there's a reason his running mate didn't get much interest on the FA market either.

Devin McCourty started for Pats through age 35.  They will miss him this year.

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

This isn't an example. this is just more vomit spin. Examples of hardcore fantastic GMs consistently cutting old productive vets, please.

Please don’t feed the troll.

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

This isn't an example. this is just more vomit spin. Examples of hardcore fantastic GMs consistently cutting old productive vets, please.

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We have had the number 1 pass defense over the past 3 seasons in the entire NFL with Hyde missing almost a whole season and Tre missing basically a seasons worth of games and being a shell of himself when he got back.  

I don't think the concern is a big as you think it is.  This secondary is deep and also has a mix of young talent too.

The quarterback play, we have faced in the regular season the last couple of years has been suspect.

I think we could see a noticeable change starting this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.