Bills-Jets week 1

Pete

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Those two game vs Jets last year were the offenses worst of the season. I still cannot shake the one RZ pick Allen threw directly to a defender standing 5 yards in front of him in the RZ lol it was perplexing! 

I don’t think he was terrible, but not up to standard. And with this team the way it’s built, if you’re playing a valid opponent, Allen has to be who he is paid to be.

Maybe the additions of Kincaid, the IOL upgrades and the (hopeful) emergence of Cook as a force will give the Bills another way to win when Allen and the air show is stifled. 

The back view of the red zone pick confirmed that he had the wrong diagnosis of the coverage and was also perfectly screened so he couldn't see the guy who stepped in the lane until just after he decided to throw. Bad coverage, but sorta lucky on the jets part that the guy was perfectly hidden for just long enough behind brown I believe 

27 minutes ago, balln said:

He’s adequate blocker. All he needs to be able to block from the slot . Kelce isn’t in-line. He’s out wide or in the slot

hes on the team bc he’s elite hands , route running and body control 

Kelce lined up on the line 37% of the time last year. 

34 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This game is in NYC on 9/11.

I assume they will do some god awful 9/11 tribute with cops, firefighters, and a huge American flag...

The game will probably start WAY late.

👎

Well, that’s gonna be an unpopular opinion, shared by nobody…

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Thought it was interesting in Stef press conference this week he basically said they've moved past the 1/11th thing.  Said the are asking guys to give more than just their 1/11th - do more than just do your job

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I assume they will do some god awful 9/11 tribute with cops, firefighters, and a huge American flag...

👎

1st off the game is in NJ. As a New Yorker that lived through 9/11 any tribute they do won't be as awful as living in NYC on that day.  This was easily the dumbest thing I've read in this forum and I've read my amount of dumb things here.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Rodger's over the last two years.  Watch the Youtube video links,  You can see when and the type of Int's he typically throws.

QB Pressure will be our friend on Monday Night and our DL must get their hands up in the air in his face at the LOS.

Year     Passing yards     Passing TD      INT

2022           3.695                 26               12

2021            4,115                  37                 4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlH4adggLb0       2022-23

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm6IKWshN80      2021-22

It's kind of funny but the Lions, Eagles, Saints, really got their share of Int's from him.  More than the any other teams that he faced.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

I'm expecting a prime time win on the road against a division opponent.  I don't care what or how it happens, it must happen.

Are the Jets improved, yes.  Are they talented, yes.  So are we.  

We are built for this ***** and we will prevail. 

This team desperately needs to get the taste of that ridiculous Cincy loss out of their mouths. It will be close and low scoring but we will win.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

👎

Yeah screw all those family's who lost loved ones we want football. Go team. 

(thats sarcasm for anyone who thinks otherwise.)

Edited by Goin Breakdown

There are a lot of reasons to not like the matchup on paper, then add in it is MNF on the road, it is in NYC (ok Jersey) with the 9/11 ceremony, and Rogers, etc.   

Given all that the Bills will probably win by 2 TDs.   

Go Bills!  

15 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

👎

This is just an awful take.   Wow.  

15 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

👎

As a first responder myself I find this post to be disgusting and disrespectful. 

Im going to the game and can’t wait for the ceremonies. 

Be better 

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

As a first responder myself I find this post to be disgusting and disrespectful. 

Be better 

I’m sorry you saw something like this.

Unfortunately, first responders often hear the urgent (“Help me!” or the complaint (“You didn’t do enough!”)

Today, please hear this:

Thank you for the sacrifice you give to make your community a safer place. May your faithfulness and loyalty to people be an example to many. Thank you for staying committed and doing your part to keep your community the best it can be. Well done!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I remember the season when Brett Favre was a Jet. He was still Brett Favre and the Jets were still the Jets. As I listen to their Rex Ryan style bloviating, I am reminded that no one has ever talked their way into a Superbowl. Yet, the Jets still try.

They brought in Rodgers to distract people from the fact that they, as an organization, are incapable of developing a young QB. Joe Namath and Ken O'Brien were outliers in a sorry history of schmucks. 

I don't deny that Saleh has built a good defense but you can tell that he has effectively ceded head coach authority to Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers, like Russell Wilson, thinks he should have GM like powers and brought in his old buddies from GB in Lazard and Cobb. The NFL is not the NBA but the Jets are now Aaron Rodger's country club. Rodgers might be enough to nudge them into the postseason but country clubs don't work as a football business model.

I too expect a low scoring game but more because the first three weeks of the NFL are effectively preseason quality football. We have the advantage of organizational and roster continuity. The Jets don't. Bills win 24 - 17.

• Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, stevewin said:

Thought it was interesting in Stef press conference this week he basically said they've moved past the 1/11th thing.  Said the are asking guys to give more than just their 1/11th - do more than just do your job

the 1/11th thing is a nice cliche. Josh Allen is like 80% of this entire team. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.