Bills-Jets week 1

Pete

Pre-game I'm logical. During and after the game I may not be, so setting my stall now.

Week One rarely defines a season. The Chiefs and the Bengals both lost yesterday and will expect to be fighting for the number one seed. The same can be said for the Bills. Obviously, we don't want to follow the Giants and, quite frankly, the quality is there for that not to happen. But there are questions over the defense - specifcially the MLB - and the offensive line, as well as the integration of Kincaid, who could become a gamechanger.

Football's back but it's a long season ahead, and a lot can happen. Luck plays a part as much as skill. The potential is there but maybe the expectation is less. That may not be a bad thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 1onemangang7 said:

So you had to ask me how many wins. And you'd rather just get close than play a team game. Ok homer..see you get what you accept. Beane doesn't care. Yall satisfied just watching Allen

Again, how many wins are the Bills getting with it's offense that focuses on its dual threat QB?

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Which is the point of my response. We're not going to have an offense focusing on RBs with JA behind center.

Not focusing but the strength of a running game is clear. If the offense can keep the oppositing defenses geussing if it's a pass or a run, it'll open the field up. As it is, the offense maybe felt slightly predictable and easy to read, especially at the end of last year. It was down to Josh that the Bills scored so many, considering the approach was pretty easy to read. I suppose that shows, with the changes to the position from Jones and Singletary to Harris and Murray.

10 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Stupidity is no crime. You're free to go

Trust in Beane and McDermott

9 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Not focusing but the strength of a running game is clear. If the offense can keep the oppositing defenses geussing if it's a pass or a run, it'll open the field up. As it is, the offense maybe felt slightly predictable and easy to read, especially at the end of last year. It was down to Josh that the Bills scored so many, considering the approach was pretty easy to read. I suppose that shows, with the changes to the position from Jones and Singletary to Harris and Murray.

Agree 100%

You just can't blindly compare RB stats from a Titans team to that of a Bills team.

• Agree 2

People who think there are even a disproportionate number of "homers" relative to the team's quality are infinitely more responsible for the 30 point IQ dip of every thread in which they partake than those "homers" are for things that go wrong with the Bills (the list of which is far shorter than that of about 28 other franchises)

Is Breece Hall limited tonight? Anyone hear anything today?

22 minutes ago, arcane said:

People who think there are even a disproportionate number of "homers" relative to the team's quality are infinitely more responsible for the 30 point IQ dip of every thread in which they partake than those "homers" are for things that go wrong with the Bills (the list of which is far shorter than that of about 28 other franchises)

Gee wiz Arc, kinda tough to read. We didn't know you were a homer. Coulda just kept quiet.

Edited by 1onemangang7

6 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Still waiting to hear your thoughtful explanation on how TBD has directly affected the team building of the Bills.

Uh,Well you know how they say computers aren't smart people make them work?like that. ..it's not TBD but the homers and not just at TBD   in Philadelphia they'd jusr boo relentlessly 

55 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Pre-game I'm logical. During and after the game I may not be, so setting my stall now.

Week One rarely defines a season. The Chiefs and the Bengals both lost yesterday and will expect to be fighting for the number one seed. The same can be said for the Bills. Obviously, we don't want to follow the Giants and, quite frankly, the quality is there for that not to happen. But there are questions over the defense - specifcially the MLB - and the offensive line, as well as the integration of Kincaid, who could become a gamechanger.

Football's back but it's a long season ahead, and a lot can happen. Luck plays a part as much as skill. The potential is there but maybe the expectation is less. That may not be a bad thing.

Getting destroyed week 1 I’d say is concerning.  If it’s close either way I won’t personally read too much into it though positive or negative.  

bengals started 2-3 last year but those 3 losses were by a combined total of 8 points.  That’s a far cry from getting demolished by the browns haha I’d say their one seed chances took a huge hit with a divisional loss like that.   It’s also never good that a division opponent has your number and the browns definitely seem to have the bengals’.  So there are some week 1 results that could be an indicator of issues.   

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Getting destroyed week 1 I’d say is concerning.  If it’s close either way I won’t personally read too much into it though positive or negative.  

bengals started 2-3 last year but those 3 losses were by a combined total of 8 points.  That’s a far cry from getting demolished by the browns haha I’d say their one seed chances took a huge hit with a divisional loss like that.   It’s also never good that a division opponent has your number and the browns definitely seem to have the bengals’.  So there are some week 1 results that could be an indicator of issues.   

The Bengals lost 32-13 away to the Browns last year and made the AFC Championship game. In 2021, they were defeated 41-16 and got to the Super Bowl. In 2020 they only lost by three but didn't make the post season. So I'm definitely not judging much from yesterday's result when it comes to Cincinnati.

21 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Uh,Well you know how they say computers aren't smart people make them work?like that. ..it's not TBD but the homers and not just at TBD   in Philadelphia they'd jusr boo relentlessly 

This is nonsense. Don't drink and post

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The Bengals lost 32-13 away to the Browns last year and made the AFC Championship game. In 2021, they were defeated 41-16 and got to the Super Bowl. In 2020 they only lost by three but didn't make the post season. So I'm definitely not judging much from yesterday's result when it comes to Cincinnati.

Cleveland Cincinnati :: Miami : Tom Brady Pats

• Agree 1

what a bunch of horse ***** this is

http://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/different-josh-can-bills-quarterbacks-vow-to-be-smarter-about-running-stand-up/article_1cd1da5c-444c-11ee-87c3-5fed2a231e71.html

They wont get someone to run then criticize the way he does it.  Next he's gonna walk on water.  total bs what this franchise asks this guy to do...he should get a pay hike every time someone like burrow gets paid until they put a RB on the team. 

On 9/11/2023 at 12:31 PM, NewEra said:

Because, in his rookie year, in which he ran for 5.7 ypc, he couldn’t start over a guy that couldn’t start over a guy in Houston.  It’s all starting to make sense now.  @DC Tom 

On it.

On 9/11/2023 at 11:31 AM, 1onemangang7 said:

He couldn't start over a guy that couldn't start in Houston. Too light. Not a good blocker. Doesn't take burden of rushing off the qb. It's a wasted pick.

You're an idiot.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.