Jake Fromm!

Giuseppe Tognarelli

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It isn’t just in hindsight that it was a bad pick. Many of us were critical of it from the jump. He was, and is, a scrub. I have no issue with the Bills using a late round pick on a backup. DTR would have been great late in this draft. I have an issue using it on a guy that was never going to be any good. Fromm is an XFL QB (maybe).

Be careful how you phrase things.  The rules to being a good fan, is 1) that you can't question a draft pick at the time it is made because you need "three years " to evaluate a pick.  2) After three years have passed you can't criticize a draft pick because now you just being captain hindsight.  Just be a good fan and explain some convoluted series of steps where the pick of Jake Fromm was critical in sucessful building the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Do you think that, if pressed into action Fromm can start a regular season game and lead his team to victory?

I don't.

I think if he started 6 games he might win 1. Matt Barkley's 1 win for Buffalo came against the 4-12 Jets. That's the kinda comparison I'd make.

14 hours ago, chongli said:

Fromm was 10/16 for 91 yards, a 5.7 yard average, 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 sack for a 9 yards loss, and a 98.7 passer rating. Not bad.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401547655

He'd have even better numbers if he was throwing to receivers who could catch the ball.

16 hours ago, JoeF said:

Jake from State Fromm ends our long national nightmare....The Ravens hadn't lost a preseason game since Josh Allen enrolled at Wyoming...

Oh, geez.  It's Jake Fromm Start Farm.

The Bills PS'd Fromm, hoping to train him up and use him in future years.  Unfortunately for that plan, he was signed away by the Giants.  When the Giants cut him, the Bills had Keenum on the squad as the backup, and they didn't go after Fromm.  Only now does the deficiency in K Allen make it clear another plan is needed.  If the Commanders cut Fromm, I think the Bills should try hard to bring him on board. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Wasn't this the guy that was literally wrapped in a bubble and kept separate from the rest of the team during the covid year?

Yeah, that wasn't his fault, it was a precaution to be sure the Bills had a QB available in case JA got sick.  But it definitely held back his development as a player because he couldn't practice or participate in meetings with other players.

23 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

A hearty round of applause for Jacob Fromm.  Today is truly a banner day for elite whites! 

Honey, warm up some milk and bust out the saltines because we're celebrating tonight!  If all goes well, I'll be pushing the twin beds together about an hour from now if you catch my vernacular. 

SILENCE(r) !!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.