Josh Allen is the best weapon in the NFL and he’s not protected.

Tipster19

I'm a fan of Beane but i did want him to sign a vet swing tackle this year.  Someone a step above Shell.

Having Shell retire makes the situation worse.  He will have to adapt.

I will give the beginning of the season to watch the OL and see what the Bills have.  DD is the key to the line, and I haven't given up on him yet.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Think about that. In its simplicity why is that? This has to be Beane’s biggest error/flaw and may just cost him his job. It’s very frustrating to just watch this underperforming OL and realize the results it’s going to bring. 

Why couldnt this have fit into any of the other threads discussing the pre-season game or the offensive line?

• Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Is this a Dawkins and Brown thread? Last I checked they draft a beast RG signed a LG and still have Morse who was a big free agency signing.

I'm really glad they focused so much on the interior O Line because we are known as a team that pounds the ball between the tackles.

I get it. Saffold was horrible and the position needed an upgrade but this is still a predominant passing offense and Dawkins has been MEH and Brown is injury prone and when he plays its a penalty waiting to happen.  

Am I to believe Snell and Doyle were the backup plan? If so, we are so screwed at the Tackle position. 

Sadly, this might be the year the Bills do take a step backward. The offensive line is a concern...all those penalties in the first half...meaning that the first string was being dominated. The defense looked old and slow and if they can't stop the run or pass in the middle...

I can recall the year the NY Giants won the SB. That they went up to Seattle and were manhandled as their QB was sacked 7x and had 4 turnovers in a loss. Stuff happens. 

The Steelers were looking at a well-known playoff team coming into their stadium and normally teams don't prepare much for opponents in the pre-season. They might have been extra hyped up playing Buffalo in knowing that their starters will play. OTOH, didn't the Bills beat Pittsburgh in Buffalo last season 38-3? 

We will see.

• Like (+1) 1

People are overreacting about Dawkins and Brown.  

I'm not going to say "we're gonna be fine," but let's see how it looks in week 1.  Dawkins is a very solid LT, and it sounds like Brown - while he had a couple of mistakes - has held up well so far in the preseason. With the upgrades at guard, this could be the best line we've had in years.

• Like (+1) 4

I am reserving all judgement on the pass protection until the regular season and we see what it looks like after a gameplan.

also can't wait to see them play 12 personnel and put the tight ends in motion and help on the edges when needed and in the running game.  

This team is going to be challenged every week this season up front except for the raiders and bucs games.  Those 7 games vs the nfc and afc east are going to be difficult up front.

I really hope they play a more physical brand of football when they get leads.

Recent History

Success can be had with a poor Oline.

- 2021 Chiefs make Super Bowl with terrible offensive line.

- 2022 Bengals make Super Bowl with worst offensive line in football.

- 2023 Bengals make AFC game and embarrass Bills a week before with 31st ranked Offensive line.

while the offensive line will likely not be great this year the interior has been vastly improved. The other best method to improve/hide the OL is by utilizing a short passing game strategy. The Bills last year had 50% more deep throws than the next highest team. The play calling didn’t do anything to help the Oline last year. That needs to be different this year, I’m looking at you Mr. Dorsey.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'm really glad they focused so much on the interior O Line because we are known as a team that pounds the ball between the tackles.

I get it. Saffold was horrible and the position needed an upgrade but this is still a predominant passing offense and Dawkins has been MEH and Brown is injury prone and when he plays its a penalty waiting to happen.  

Am I to believe Snell and Doyle were the backup plan? If so, we are so screwed at the Tackle position. 

McGovern excels at pass protection not run blocking.

The Bills are showing that they like their OTs. I don’t think Dawkins is a problem yet. I think Brown deserved a young player pushing him for the job similar to what Bates faced. Bates is actually a much better player than Spencer Brown and Bates will be on the bench.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

38 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Ok, I guess the real test will be the Jets’ DL against this impenetrable wall that we have as an OL. Me personally I don’t expect to like the results.

The Jets OL is just as bad. Both Rodgers and Allen might get killed out there. Especially Rodgers since he can't run like Josh.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.