Josh Allen is Playing football Saturday

BuffaloBillyG

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Three things I'm looking for from Josh Allen in this game:

1) Stiff arm at least one LB

2) Hurdle at least one DB

3) Get in a defensive lineman's face after plowing through him head first for a 1 yard gain on 3rd and 9

Football is back!

Please wait until week 1 for that!!! 

27 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I am going to this game, it's always good for a laugh.

The only thing Steeler fans care about is Defense.  I get to hear about the Steel Curtain and all the once feared players. 

Yes yes, Jack Lambert was great.....

Found your wallet?

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, beebe said:

McD says 1.5 quarters for Allen/Starters. Anybody believe him? If not, how long for Allen/starters?

I believe him only as far as the situation dictates. If Josh takes a big hit late 1st quarter or early 2nd, I don't think we'll see him the next series. 

And I don't worry about him simply playing football. What I worry about, is some bubble guy trying to make a statement. 

Edited by Fleezoid

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I will be slightly drunk by the time this game kicks off UK time.... think it is about 11.30pm. But I'm in the pub from 5 for Spurs - United and City - Newcastle. Will try and watch until the starters come out but I might have to leave you guys to it second half haha

If you're in the pub for 5 hours and only slightly drunk then your process has room for improvement.

The intersection of futbol and football is something I look forward to every fall.  The college football bar I go to for Penn State games is also the city's soccer bar.  By kickoff for early afternoon games, there are still half a dozen dudes in their 50s who have been watching Scottish Premiership since 6AM.  The only thing keeping them upright is their anger toward women, disdain for the mild mannered Big 10 crowd, and the occasional visit to the "loo" to smell their keys.  I'm not saying you should go full Celtic fan Saturday night but back to back games can be done!

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I believe him only as far as the situation dictates. If Josh takes a big hit late 1st quarter or early 2nd, I don't think we'll see him the next series. 

And I don't worry about him simply playing football. What I worry about, is some bubble guy trying to make a statement. 

Also if things just go really well early for a series or two they might just pull them early, because they got a good rhythm going and don't really need to take the risk to see anymore.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If you're in the pub for 5 hours and only slightly drunk then your process has room for improvement.

The intersection of futbol and football is something I look forward to every fall.  The college football bar I go to for Penn State games is also the city's soccer bar.  By kickoff for early afternoon games, there are still half a dozen dudes in their 50s who have been watching Scottish Premiership since 6AM.  The only thing keeping them upright is their anger toward women, disdain for the mild mannered Big 10 crowd, and the occasional visit to the "loo" to smell their keys.  I'm not saying you should go full Celtic fan Saturday night but back to back games can be done!

You'd have to be drunk to enjoy the Scottish Premiership. It kicks off a week earlier north of the border and I tried to sit through Rangers - Kilmarnock a couple of Sundays ago. In the end I decided to go out and get some fresh air and the standard between hungover fat blokes at the local park was comparable with what I'd watched from Scotland. 

I consider 5 pints of Guinness only slightly drunk @Jauronimo - I'm a pro.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Scared and stupid are two different things.

Designed QB runs in the preseason is the epitome of stupid.

Taking unnecessary hits is also stupid in a meaningless game.

What’s funny is we don’t even run that many designed QB runs in the regular season. People think we run Josh like crazy. Josh chooses to run. My guess is the Bills average like 1 QB designed run per game. Maybe 1.5.

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

No benefit to playing Allen in preseason

I’ve always said sit Josh until the playoffs. Why risk him? 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Lol, very true.  Steeler fans are a different breed of bravado as well.

The Steelers can be getting crushed (like LYs game), and the fans still talk trash..."6burgh, how many SBs did Buffalo lose?" list goes on.  I find it comical.

Have fun, go Bills! Crush those Steeler fans preseason dreams 😁

I don't even think Pittsburgh fans care about winning anymore. It's like let's go 1,2,3 and out so the defense can get on the field. Then some LB  for the Steelers make a good hit and you hear this low rumble in the stands, wow, did you see that....lol

To bad  its 21-0 Titans

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.